News: BR: Don't Be Surprised If Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys Part Ways

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Don't Be Surprised If Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys Part Ways

hi-res-b304ee83552dc81b39428db613247df2_crop_exact.jpg

Speculation regarding the 2021 NFL quarterback carousel has focused mainly on Deshaun Watson, Matthew Stafford , Jimmy Garoppolo and even Aaron Rodgers , but all of those guys remain under contract...

Read Full Story
Good, he's not worth the bank he's demanding or his little CHA CHA dance he performs before games.................... Cha Cha is an average QB at best.

jay94

Reaction score
How this got to six pages is embarrassing. You all must watch MSM. Damn sheep....

morasp

Reaction score
We followed the Rams Gurley mistake with a big contract for Zeke. And in the playoffs this year the Rams stopped just short of saying they liked their chances better with Goff's backup. And Goff took them to a Super Bowl.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Watching a Dak commerial is like watching paint dry, I don't see what they see...50 million??
yeah the dak-mercials are pretty bad, he comes off badly in them , sort of a dufus lol.
But he doesnt write them or direct them.
Most commercials are ******** , why I dont know.

The baker mayfield are probably the worst and most bizarre. And the allstate with people driving on the moon is pretty bizarre lol.
if I am ever going to the moon I will give allstate a call , otherwise not.

The thing companys dont seem to realize, is that for every person that likes a athlete, there is an equal # who dont like them, so you may
draw some in , but alienate the others.
I quit buying chunky cambells soup back when the phil qb and his mom were doing those commercials.

I really dont like athlete or actor commercials.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We followed the Rams Gurley mistake with a big contract for Zeke. And in the playoffs this year the Rams stopped just short of saying they liked their chances better with Goff's backup. And Goff took them to a Super Bowl.

Which is why we will do the Dak deal..

We used to be a trend setting team but those days are gone.

Just look at all the QB situations in turmoil right now and they were all given the fat contract cause for some reason they have all agreed to make their guy the highest paid like idiots.

morasp

Reaction score
Which is why we will do the Dak deal..

We used to be a trend setting team but those days are gone.

Just look at all the QB situations in turmoil right now and they were all given the fat contract cause for some reason they have all agreed to make their guy the highest paid like idiots.
The other one that comes to mind is the Eagles and Wentz. I thought he got outplayed last year by a second round rookie. One thing the playoffs showed me was a very good defense is a must in the post season.

Last edited:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I would not be surprised if Dallas waited til after the draft on the Dak situation. I still feel they have reservations signing him to a long term deal right now, right or wrong, they want to see if one of the QB they are looking at falls to them. For the same reasons they didn't ink him last year, they have not done so this year. We will see if this blows up in their face.

Creeper

Reaction score
I have to say, I would not be shocked if the Cowboys franchise Dak and trade him. If Dak does not sign this year then it is clear he is not signing at all. Then it becomes clear he wants to test free agency. There is no point keeping him on the franchise tag again. It is best to trade him for whatever they can get for him. I do believe Jerry wants to sign Dak, but I also believe he is hamstrung because of the CAP. Jerry know he has to push some players contracts out to sign Dak and what he is pushing out will come due just when Dak's new contract starts to get expensive. Sure, the CAP may be much higher but we could also get COVID round 2 and then it becomes a nightmare, like the Eagles and Saints will be dealing with this off-season. We all know Jerry should have signed Dak 2 seasons ago. Hindsight being 20-20, but I completely understand why. I said after 2019 that the December Eagles game was a real dose of reality - in fact, the 2nd half of the season was a dose of reality.

I hear a lot of hype about the QBs in this year's draft class, but I think we may only see 1 2021 QB excel in the NFL. They may need to find a temporary solution.

btw, I know I am preaching to the choir but this is all a problem because the GM mismanaged the CAP again.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak should likely be able to take his pick of any QB needy team he so desires if the FO doesn't cater to his demands. Jerry and Stephen are quite aware of that situation. Jerry said as much recently, when he admitted Dak is in a position of strength, with all the bargaining clout in his favor. It would, evidently, put the team in the awkward position of either bowing to Dak's wishes or facing the difficult prospects of recovering from his absence. I see the Dallas FO caving in to Dak's demands, in light of that impending predicament. They'll surely need to find success from the 10 draft picks due to be at their disposal.

Last edited:

InTheZone

Reaction score
We'lI be a rollercoaster for a while regardless if Dak is here. How many 2nd, 3rd contract qbs have taken their team to a SB? Draft a guy (obviously not proven to work every time) and roll with the odds, based on history, your rookie contract QB gets you to a SB faster than a vet QB with no playoff success.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Don't Be Surprised If Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys Part Ways

hi-res-b304ee83552dc81b39428db613247df2_crop_exact.jpg

Speculation regarding the 2021 NFL quarterback carousel has focused mainly on Deshaun Watson, Matthew Stafford , Jimmy Garoppolo and even Aaron Rodgers , but all of those guys remain under contract...

Read Full Story
Yawn. These writers are so bored. I imagine you'll see more movement once the full NFL is complete.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Shut up. Dak is a Cowboy for life. They just need to make it official.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Really love all the articles about you need to go with a rookie QB because it is cheaper. Let me ask, other than Mahomes which of the other rookies drafted over the last four years would you take to get to a Super Bowl? None of them that I have watched are guaranteed to do any better than Dak and of the year Dak was drafted I wouldn't have any of them over Dak. The draft is nice and hopeful but none of the guys that will be drafted in the first 10 picks this year are guaranteed to be a great NFL QB, not even Lawrence. Why do teams pay big money for guys like Dak after their rookie contract is up, pretty simple, every team knows how difficult it is to hit on a QB so when you have one you want to keep him.

I guess Dallas fans want to be like what happen between when Aikman retired to when we signed the undrafted free agent Romo. I remember those years and never want to see them back.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If they let Dak walk, we'll return to the type of QB play we had after Troy retired. Weren't those years fun?
I dont believe that they would end up in those years after Troy retired. There is so much more technology in scouting and training in todays college football. There are more college QBs that could start in the NFL. The thing about Dak is his biggest weakness is the worst possible weakness a QB can have. Accuracy and and arm strength are mediocre at best. No matter how good of a leader he may be he is only going to be so good because of his physical talent. That part shows up against the better defenses.

flyinghorse

Reaction score
It was baked into the cake since 2019.

Dak wouldn't sign:
2019 - Making 2mil with 3mil prior earnings, with 3 years til free agency
2020 - Making 32mil with 5mil prior earnings, with 2 years til free agency
Why sign now?
2021 - Making 38mil, with 37mil prior earnings, with 1 year til free agency

If he wouldn't sign in 2019, when he was financially *least* secure and *farthest* from free agency, why would he sign in later years when he's financially more secure and closer to free agency each year?

And it's even *more* baked into the cake with this year having a cap reduction.

By this logic, I was saying we'd never sign him *last* summer, so trade him, save 30mil, and start our 3mil QB who turned out to be pretty decent, and would have been better getting the starting snaps in camp.

Playing a year with a legit starting QB for 3mil is a cap advantage we passed up on.

I see the way your looking at your logic.....& it makes sense on paper.....But look at the final 4 teams that were competing for a Super Bowl spot.....What’s the first thing they have in common that just jumps right out at you???.......TOP TIER QB’s.....It’s This Way Every Season....Not good qb’s or game manager qb’s or really good qb’s......They have EXCELLENT QB’s.....You Can Even Call Some Of Them ELITE Don’t misunderstand me..Dalton is a good solid qb ...he’s a gamer too...and plays damn hard every game I’ve watched....and MAYBE if ALL the planets lined up perfect & Cowboys had a top 3 NFL offense & defense & No key injuries for an entire season & ALL the refs calls went our way the entire season & Jerry sprinkled fairy dust in the locker room....MAYBE Dalton could get us to the Super Bowl.......
Don’t get me wrong he’ll get us to the wild card game pretty consistently......but that’s about it.... He’s just not a Top Tier QB.....BUT if you want to save money on a QB so you can buy top talent for other positions...He’s Your Man......But Don’t Kid Yourself....If You Want To Go To The Super Bowl....And Have A REAL Chance To Win It......YOU BETTER HAVE A TOP TIER QB (I’m Talking Top 10 nfl qb) OR YOUR JUST LIVING IN A PIPE DREAM......ITS A PROVEN FACT IN THE NFL EVERY SEASON.....QB’s WIN CHAMPIONSHIP

Reaction score
I'd say Dak is good enough to be competitive but yet to see him take control and be consistently dominant against strong teams when it mattered.

They'll sell a ton of his jerseys and sneakers so ....

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I see the way your looking at your logic.....& it makes sense on paper.....But look at the final 4 teams that were competing for a Super Bowl spot.....What’s the first thing they have in common that just jumps right out at you???.......TOP TIER QB’s.....It’s This Way Every Season....Not good qb’s or game manager qb’s or really good qb’s......They have EXCELLENT QB’s.....You Can Even Call Some Of Them ELITE Don’t misunderstand me..Dalton is a good solid qb ...he’s a gamer too...and plays damn hard every game I’ve watched....and MAYBE if ALL the planets lined up perfect & Cowboys had a top 3 NFL offense & defense & No key injuries for an entire season & ALL the refs calls went our way the entire season & Jerry sprinkled fairy dust in the locker room....MAYBE Dalton could get us to the Super Bowl.......
Don’t get me wrong he’ll get us to the wild card game pretty consistently......but that’s about it.... He’s just not a Top Tier QB.....BUT if you want to save money on a QB so you can buy top talent for other positions...He’s Your Man......But Don’t Kid Yourself....If You Want To Go To The Super Bowl....And Have A REAL Chance To Win It......YOU BETTER HAVE A TOP TIER QB (I’m Talking Top 10 nfl qb) OR YOUR JUST LIVING IN A PIPE DREAM......ITS A PROVEN FACT IN THE NFL EVERY SEASON.....QB’s WIN CHAMPIONSHIP

Is Dak Brady? Mahomes? Aaron Rogers? Russell Wilson? Ben Roethlisberger? Drew Brees?
Or is he more of an Eli, Nick Foles, or Joe Flacko, who no one has ever accused of being transcendent talents?

Dak isn't the "top tier" that have been winning championships. He's not as good as they are. But he wants to be paid like he is, making it harder to put around him a team that can win without a top tier QB. Like the teams that had Eli and Flacko.