News: BR: NFL Rumors: Dak Prescott, Cowboys Haven't Had Any 'Substantial' Contract Talks

Big_D

Reaction score
Sure, but to claim that the missed tackle and not the offense basically being comatose was the cause of the loss? A loss where the defense pretty much did what was asked of it.
I was kidding about the missed tackle.. sure he needed to make that but the QB was crap as usual. You simply can't overcome an offense that continuously fail to move the ball in those playoff situations.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Correct about Dak? That's laughable. Dak wasn't the problem during the playoffs loss to the Packers.

Here. Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley break down both interceptions...

This reminds me of the cult of personality I'm watching writ large. AT first, you admit he played like junk and you hide. After you go out seeking confirmation bias and get new marching orders from fellow cultists, you emerge DAMNING YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR with faint praise: "Dak wasn't the problem...".

LOL...ok...name the person who thought he played well. Not Dak. Not Jerry. Not MM. NOT ANYONE...but you.

CULT. CULT. CULT.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We don't need to change anything. 12 and 5!!! Remember?
12-5 is perfect. That wins you a division 90% of the time. Gets you in the big dance and at least 1 Home Field game.

I'll take 12-5 every year. Ask KC at 11-6.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This reminds me of the cult of personality I'm watching writ large. AT first, you admit he played like junk and you hide. After you go out seeking confirmation bias and get new marching orders from fellow cultists, you emerge DAMNING YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR with faint praise: "Dak wasn't the problem...".

LOL...ok...name the person who thought he played well. Not Dak. Not Jerry. Not MM. NOT ANYONE...but you.

CULT. CULT. CULT.
Show proof where I ever said Dak played like junk. I dare you. You won't find it because it never happened. But it's you, the habitual liar. Carry on.

Chasing6

Reaction score

CULT. CULT. CULT.
Name someone that thinks our defense played well?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Name someone that thinks our defense played well?
Two things can be true: For you it's find a scapegoat - other than Dak - and focus on them. Your issue is that Dak is rarely the answer...he's a question mark or issues TOO. That may count as a W in your book...but not when you want to play the guy you run interference for $65/annum.

Name someone who thinks paying a QB that you dis with faint praise is worth it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Two things can be true: For you it's find a scapegoat - other than Dak - and focus on them. Your issue is that Dak is rarely the answer...he's a question mark or issues TOO. That may count as a W in your book...but not when you want to play the guy you run interference for $65/annum.

Name someone who thinks paying a QB that you dis with faint praise is worth it.
Amazing you keep speaking for me. When I am clearly speak for myself. I am not looking for a scape goat. The entire team played like crap.

If you think otherwise you are delusional. I never said I want to pay Dak $65M, but once again keep speaking on my behalf.

I have said repeated go all in one way or the other. Either go all in to win or go all in on rebuilding. Either way I don't care, but we can't keep sitting somewhere in the middle and being 1 and done.

Now go ahead and type something completely different that you think I am saying. Maybe you should quote me next time since you think you know what I think.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Amazing you keep speaking for me. When I am clearly speak for myself. I am not looking for a scape goat. The entire team played like crap.

If you think otherwise you are delusional. I never said I want to pay Dak $65M, but once again keep speaking on my behalf.

I have said repeated go all in one way or the other. Either go all in to win or go all in on rebuilding. Either way I don't care, but we can't keep sitting somewhere in the middle and being 1 and done.

Now go ahead and type something completely different that you think I am saying. Maybe you should quote me next time since you think you know what I think.
Ok, I don't like strawman arguments so I apologize if I have misconstrued your positions on Dak.

However...I find this middling place to be disturbing and that's probably why I lump you in with the bots. You mean, it's year 8 and you're still on the fence regarding Dak? Still needs MORE investment? Quite honestly, of all the depressing prospects this offseason is that Jerry does in fact go "all in" on the choke artists and we go into cap hell chasing a SB with him: Break the bank giving Dak a new contract and then break the bank putting pieces around him. That is not a neutral position, it's a pro Dak stance.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Show proof where I ever said Dak played like junk. I dare you. You won't find it because it never happened. But it's you, the habitual liar. Carry on.
How do you perform a search on this site? It's not obvious to me, but I'm sure I'll find you slinking away in the immediate aftermath. Heck, you've already conceded Dak should give us a discount. For a Dak lover, that's like divorce papers being filed.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
I feel they’ll resign dak but they’ll have an out after next season to release him and spread out his cap hit. They seem to think they’re smarter than the average bear when nothing has worked since 1996.
Signing him to an extension will in fact be an extension to nothing working since 1996. You are going to get another dissapointing result for several years of cap penalties.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
How do you perform a search on this site? It's not obvious to me, but I'm sure I'll find you slinking away in the immediate aftermath. Heck, you've already conceded Dak should give us a discount. For a Dak lover, that's like divorce papers being filed.
Demanding Dak give the Cowboys a discount has nothing to do with Dak's playoffs performance. Like I said, I never said Dak stunk during the playoffs. Actually, I've been one of a handful few who has defended Dak and even provided video breakdowns explaining those INTs by Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley. You are totally lost and don't know what you are talking about.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is this a surprise because this is social media creating all this drama about the $60 million and resetting the quarterback market and all this talk it's nothing is validated because it's all rumors all this the last week people been on fire talking about how Prescott is selfish and he doesn't deserve his money that like he's demanding it and really this is all being started by social media...

The fact is I thought rumors weren't allowed to be discussed but yet there's already at least three threads talking about Prescott's contract that isn't even real yet there hasn't been a single mention from the star or any real valid resources close to the Cowboys that have stated this is his demands or that they even are gonna resign a more extended...

So this is not a surprise people it's been a rumor from day one rumors get started easy on social media especially Twitter then it catches fire and it ends up everywhere as if it's valid./. Just like all the threads on Dan crane in Washington poaching our players and who's next and who's going where it's all rumors every bit of it is a rumor it's a feel..... We're in a dead zone for sports right now so yeah the Dallas Cowboys are gonna be mentioned at every single turn of a page on the internet... Somehow now you talk about a Mavericks game and and all of a sudden Prescott's name gets mentioned in the same thread like it's it's out of control..
Maybe the rumors are coming from his side. Who the heck knows anymore.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Ok, I don't like strawman arguments so I apologize if I have misconstrued your positions on Dak.

However...I find this middling place to be disturbing and that's probably why I lump you in with the bots. You mean, it's year 8 and you're still on the fence regarding Dak? Still needs MORE investment? Quite honestly, of all the depressing prospects this offseason is that Jerry does in fact go "all in" on the choke artists and we go into cap hell chasing a SB with him: Break the bank giving Dak a new contract and then break the bank putting pieces around him. That is not a neutral position, it's a pro Dak stance.
I am not on the fence with Dak. I am on the fence with this team in general and how it is constructed as a unit.

I have a pretty good idea who Dak is over the last 8 years. I wanted Romo to actual play after he was back from injury and wanted Dak on the bench.

We must build a much better team(trenches) if we are going to have a chance to win with Dak. So go all in or blow it up. I think we are closer than we think, but I am ok with blowing it up.

Trade CD and Micah, let Dak walk or sit. Get $60M+ under the cap, go 3 and 14 for 2 years and rebuild it correctly starting with the trenches.

Problem is:

1. Jerry will not do that. I have no interest keepinf this team minus Dak insert Trance. It will be a disaster.

2. If we blow it up, GM Jeruh will still not rebuild it from the inside out. He wants to sell jerseys. LT and DT don't sell jersey.

Either way I have little faith inGM Jeruh regardless of what we do or who are QB is.