Brad & Mickey talk WR's/Amendola on Irvin - 7/29/08

sbark

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2165889 said:
Well I didn't see any video of T.O., Crayton, Hurd, Austin, Stanback, Jefferson, Polk, Barber, Witten, Curtis, Bennett, Jones or Choice laying out at a 90 degree angle to make a training camp catch.

Were we supposed to ignore that catch?

Sounds like Amendola gotta ask the qb's to throw balls low and wide to him in the drills..............tell them he dont want balls thrown in the numbers........

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
This wreaks of that "great" safety kid a few years back. He blew himself out and never did anything in the NFL.

We try and build a 53 of Amendola's we are at 5-11 real fast.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2165844 said:
Because the WR beats the DB and catches the ball in 7-on-7 drills around 80% of the time. It's really not a big deal, but for some reason when Amendola does it, it's "OMG !! The next Welker just made a catch!!! Look at him. He's just like Welker. So small!!! So white!!! So Texas Tech!!"

I'm glad he's got good hands. So does Sam Hurd.

Agreed. He is nothing special and he has no chance of making the team unless he is a standout on special teams.

For the life of me I don't know why fans here gnash their teeth when the obvious is pointed out about mediocre players. Sheesh, it is a reason Amendola is undrafted free agent.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Nors;2165998 said:
This wreaks of that "great" safety kid a few years back. He blew himself out and never did anything in the NFL.

:hammer:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Countem5;2165339 said:
RISING

4. NT Tank Johnson - He's simply too good for the second-team offensive line, which has to double-team him. We'll start seeing more of Jay Ratliff, who has been impressive all camp, at defensive end. Is Chris Canty/Tank/Ratliff the Cowboys' best DL? Maybe.
Yes it is.

aikemirv

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2165889 said:
Well I didn't see any video of T.O., Crayton, Hurd, Austin, Stanback, Jefferson, Polk, Barber, Witten, Curtis, Bennett, Jones or Choice laying out at a 90 degree angle to make a training camp catch.

I am not knocking the kid but that catch was nothing special really. Nice catch but I would expect guys in every NFL camp making a catch like that every day.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
aikemirv;2166042 said:
I am not knocking the kid but that catch was nothing special really. Nice catch but I would expect guys in every NFL camp making a catch like that every day.

I am sure there have been better catches in Cowboy camp by people we have forgotten- because they never played a down in the NFL.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Nors;2165998 said:

Are you talking about the safey from Ball State? http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1&id=0F23328A-BE11-49D8-2189E6944C53BFD0

I don't have Amendola fever. But I continue to have high hopes for Miles Austin and Tony Curtis - which probably doesn't make much more sense.

Every once in a while, one of these underdogs hits.

I was a very early Romo supporter. I pulled for Tyson Thompson. Even though I'm only 1 and 1 on those two, it feels like I'm ahead.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2165844 said:
Because the WR beats the DB and catches the ball in 7-on-7 drills around 80% of the time. It's really not a big deal, but for some reason when Amendola does it, it's "OMG !! The next Welker just made a catch!!! Look at him. He's just like Welker. So small!!! So white!!! So Texas Tech!!"
I'm glad he's got good hands. So does Sam Hurd.

You're the only one here comparing him to Welker. Where's the problem with fans pulling for an underdog long-shot?

The portion in bold is the dumbest thing I've read in awhile. Seriously, you sound just like a 12 yr. old girl.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Seven;2166132 said:
You're the only one here comparing him to Welker.

Seriously, you must not read much Cowboy stuff. EVERYONE compares him to Welker.

It's been happening since he came to Tech, he's been compared to Welker his whole career.

Seven

Reaction score
5Countem5;2166158 said:
Seriously, you must not read much Cowboy stuff. EVERYONE compares him to Welker.

It's been happening since he came to Tech, he's been compared to Welker his whole career.

.......in this thread? :blind:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Seven;2166175 said:
.......in this thread? :blind:

He wasn't referring to the people in this thread, he was referring to the posters on this board who have compared him to welker in past threads

Now go wipe that egg off

Seven

Reaction score
dargonking999;2166181 said:
He wasn't referring to the people in this thread, he was referring to the posters on this board who have compared him to welker in past threads

Now go wipe that egg off

I was. Now what mitten master?

Seven

Reaction score
5Countem5;2166187 said:
LOL I guess not in this thread

For the record..........That comparison really gnaws at me. It has nothing to do with why I'm pulling for the kid.

Maybe being in TT country you hear it alot but in my neck of the woods.........it's rare.

Seven

Reaction score
dargonking999;2166191 said:
But he wasn't, and you were responding to him. So what does that say about you?

Would you like to continue with your "I'm rubber your glue" schtick? I'm kinda busy and it makes you look silly.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2165349 said:
I heard Stanback is dropping more than a few passes, that he can't catch in traffic.

well that explains his stock going up.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2165889 said:

not at all. just put it in perspective. you seem to have a lot of agendas.