Brad & Mickey talk WR's/Amendola on Irvin - 7/29/08

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2166922 said:
Tell us about some of the players you are rooting for this summer.

We want to know, we really do.

see the ones with a star on their helmet?

them.

how many am i rooting against?

none.

i don't think you can say "none" to that second question, can you? gets to be an agenda killer even when you don't have one.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2166921 said:
Doom and gloom. All we ever get from you.

:(

thanks mr roy sucks. glad to hear such positive news from you all the time.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg;2166924 said:

them.

none.

i don't think you can say "none" to that second question, can you? gets to be an agenda killer even when you don't have one.

So I root for some Cowboys to fail?

:laugh2:

You got me. Silly, just as silly as it gets.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2166930 said:
So I root for some Cowboys to fail?

You got me. Silly, just as silly as it gets.

i do what i can.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
5Countem5;2165339 said:
3:12 PM Tue, Jul 29, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

This idea is shamelessly stolen from Calvin "Lucky" Watkins. Follow the jump to read about five risers and five fallers.

RISING

1. CB Orlando Scandrick -- The fifth-round pick had two very good practices yesterday, showing a good grasp of the defense and eagerness to compete against/learn from the best. He covered T.O. well on a couple of deep routes and then peppered him with questions at the end of practice.

2. TE Martellus Bennett - The second-round pick from Texas A&M is showing signs that he's getting it, although he was bowled over by DE Jason Hatcher on one running play. Bennett vs. Tony Curtis for the No. 2 TE spot is one of the camp's best position battles.

3. RG Leonard Davis - Can a Pro Bowler's stock rise during training camp? Yes, if he's as dominant as Bigg was during the morning practice. Seven-time Pro Bowler Zach Thomas, who was de-cleated at least once when they butted heads, is definitely impressed.

4. NT Tank Johnson - He's simply too good for the second-team offensive line, which has to double-team him. We'll start seeing more of Jay Ratliff, who has been impressive all camp, at defensive end. Is Chris Canty/Tank/Ratliff the Cowboys' best DL? Maybe.

5. S Dowayne Davis - He's come a long way when fellow DBs were laughing at him during ball drills at rookie minicamp. Wade Phillips said yesterday that this guy reminded him of Keith Davis (no relation), meaning he might be able to stick because of special teams.

FALLING

1. OLB Erik Walden - The sixth-round pick really struggled during pass-rush drills yesterday, getting roughed up by backup LT Doug Free and Bennett. He's expected to struggle while making the transition from 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB, but that shouldn't affect his performance in pass-rush drills.

2. OLB Tearrius George - Can't make the club in the tub, and George has been sidelined for a couple days by a bone bruise in his knee. He's missing out on an opportunity with Walden struggling.

3. CB Quincy Butler - He's sitting out, too, nursing a hamstring injury. Alan Ball is getting reps with the nickel and dime defenses with Terence Newman (groin) out, and Evan Oglesby had picks in both practices yesterday.

4. WR Danny Amendola - It's not that Amendola has done anything wrong over the last couple days. He just hasn't done anything to stand out like he did during the first couple days of camp. And undrafted free agents usually need to stand out in camp to make the team.

5. LB Justin Rogers - It's not his fault he got sick and dehydrated, but missing yesterday's practices doesn't help the cause of a kid moving form OLB to ILB. Bobby Carpenter got the reps as Bradie James' backup that were going to Rogers.

:starspin Thanks much for the info., it's always appreciated.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
adbutcher;2166017 said:
Sheesh, it is a reason Amendola is undrafted free agent.

Prepare yourself for the inevitable "Oh yeah, what about Tony Romo, he was undrafted!"

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
iceberg;2166218 said:
not at all. just put it in perspective. you seem to have a lot of agendas.

You seem to accuse people of having agendas very often.

I believe you have an agenda against people who have agendas.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Alexander;2167099 said:

guilty.

quandrious delima, is it not?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2166904 said:
Yeah. People who aren't drafted suck. Just ask Tony Romo.

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Alexander;2167098 said:
Prepare yourself for the inevitable "Oh yeah, what about Tony Romo, he was undrafted!"

it came in already. : )

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Alexander;2167098 said:

Yep Amendola is a one in a million player. Nevermind the countless undrafted players that don't amount crap. But I know you know better.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Alexander;2167099 said:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
iceberg;2166924 said:

them.

none.

:bow:

Never understood people being so wrapped up in their agenda that they would rather be right about a player than have that player do well.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
adbutcher;2167342 said:
Yep Amendola is a one in a million player. Nevermind the countless undrafted players that don't amount crap. But I know you know better.

Who knows ? He could be our Randy Vataha. God I'm old.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Reading this thread I just saw the funniest thing. Ice says someone has an agenda and that person denies it and then proves Ice's point all at once

First iceberg sets the bait out there keyword agenda (notice no mention of a player)
iceberg said:
not at all. just put it in perspective. you seem to have a lot of agendas.
DC bites right away and look at that he immediately jumps to his agenda on Roy (notice Roy had not been mentioned in this thread
DC said:
Wow. But I guess if it was the same reporter saying Roy looked bad then it would be a different story right, lol.

Then he denies the agenda
DC said:
You guys with the agenda stuff are really spending too much time watching conspiracy theory movies.

When did rooting for some players become an agenda?

Soon I am going to start naming some of you to the 'Agenda Club', lol.

This may be my favorite post it has everything, agenda, questioning of fan hood and self ownage.

First he brings up Roy again and uses his "roy posse" nickname to belittle people who do not hate Roy

He then criticizes ice for doing exactly what a message board is for and over analyzing comments

He follows up with "try being a fan" after admitting he is only fans of certain players not the whole team.
DC said:
Are you upset that you and the 'Roy posse' haven't' converted me yet?

It's ok, you will get over it.

I don't think you ever saw the point in the first place. All you do is try to over analyze what people are talking about on here.

Try just being a fan once in a while. Make it about the Cowboys and not about you or the members here. Try it, you make like it.

This post will be followed by a comment similar to "I am rooting for Roy I hope he proves me wrong"

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2167363 said:
Reading this thread I just saw the funniest thing. Ice says someone has an agenda and that person denies it and then proves Ice's point all at once

First iceberg sets the bait out there keyword agenda (notice no mention of a player)

DC bites right away and look at that he immediately jumps to his agenda on Roy (notice Roy had not been mentioned in this thread

This may be my favorite post it has everything, agenda, questioning of fan hood and self ownage.

First he brings up Roy again and uses his "roy posse" nickname to belittle people who do not hate Roy

He then criticizes ice for doing exactly what a message board is for and over analyzing comments

He follows up with "try being a fan" after admitting he is only fans of certain players not the whole team.

This post will be followed by a comment similar to "I am rooting for Roy I hope he proves me wrong"

:lmao2:

Is this what the kids called PWNED?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2167363 said:

Wow. One of the founding members of the Roy Posse chimes in, lol.

So what's this evil agenda that I have?

Here's the agenda of people like you.

Run around a message board looking for people who aren't in the 'Roy Posse' and take a jab or two at them.

Why would anyone have an agenda about the players on the Dallas Cowboys. We have opinions, some good and some not so good.

Stop trying to be Freud bro and just be a fan.

Oh yeah, I hope Roy proves me wrong and goes back to playing great football.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;2167368 said:
:lmao2:

Is this what the kids called PWNED?

Hmmm. Let me guess, you're in the Roy Posse as well, lol.

Predictable bunch if nothing else.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2167474 said:
Hmmm. Let me guess, you're in the Roy Posse as well, lol.

Predictable bunch if nothing else.

if we don't pick on roy at any and every given opportunity - that makes you a "roy posse"?

like i said - you don't like someone, you go to mega-hela-lengths to post any and all you can to take 'em down. someone notices and you get even more defensive.

gonna need thicker skin if you're gonna be in dallas media. you can't let us non-fans bring you down to our level.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Roy has diminished coverage skills and was taken off the field some in passing situations last year.

It is what it is.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg;2167543 said:
if we don't pick on roy at any and every given opportunity - that makes you a "roy posse"?

like i said - you don't like someone, you go to mega-hela-lengths to post any and all you can to take 'em down. someone notices and you get even more defensive.

gonna need thicker skin if you're gonna be in dallas media. you can't let us non-fans bring you down to our level.

So then why did I just post an interview with Greg Ellis on the Ticket?

I can't stand him.

The interview didn't make him look bad. So why did I post it?

I would say I post about 99% positive and 1% negative.

It's not my fault you guys only want to talk about the negative and say that because I do so I have an agenda.

It's just silly.