Brad Sham said after a second look he was positive the kick was no good

Boysboy

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2292914 said:
Not blaming the loss on the refs, but if true, wow...

Sorry-it wasn't the refs' fault Garrett went pass-happy. It wasn't the refs' fault that our run D sucked wind.

Don't worry, we'll be fine. It's only week 4.

juck

Reaction score
It was missed from the view on tv,unless it hooked it and i missed it,I cant believe they would see that though.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
viman96;2292955 said:
it looked out to me.

I looked at the kick again and it looks like it was outside the goal post, it really does look no good.

However, the angle could be an optical illusion since the camera is positioned to the side and not directly behind the post.

Like others, I am not going to blame officiating for this loss. the fact that our D, loaded with 1st rounders and high-priced free agents, let the Skins drive the lenght of the field at the very end of the game is why we lost.

Translation: The defense blows, even if the ref screwed up the FG.:(

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
BulletBob;2292971 said:
Not reviewable (as per The Ticket).

I thought they changed the rule after that field goal earlier this year that was contraversial (cleveland game?)?

juck

Reaction score
If he missed it then the media should be all over this,unless mr vegas said shhhhhhh

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life;2293052 said:
I thought they changed the rule after that field goal earlier this year that was contraversial (cleveland game?)?

I think you can review if it bounces in our not, like the Clevland kick hit the crossbar and bounced out.

However, I dont think you can challenge a judgement call if a kick is good or not. At least I have never seen it done in either the college or pro ranks.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I was at the game and I screamed no good and was asked, "what game are you watching!" I knew there was something to it when I got to the car and heard Norm talking about it on the post game!

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
man...I thought I was the only one that thought it was no good.

Ganja

Reaction score
Another thing that comes to mind, what about the flag for 12 players on the field? Troy and Buck counted the players twice on two different camera shots using the telestrator and both times there was no evidence of 12 players.

Anyone else notice the same?

juck

Reaction score
Ganja;2293088 said:
Another thing that comes to mind, what about the flag for 12 players on the field? Troy and Buck counted the players twice on two different camera shots using the telestrator and both times there was no evidence of 12 players.

norm said there was 12.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What is wrong with the refs this year, first Denver and now this???

I just watched it again and I dont see how it was ruled good, has to be an optical illusion or that ref is neighbors with Danny Snyder!!!

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2293032 said:
I looked at the kick again and it looks like it was outside the goal post, it really does look no good.

However, the angle could be an optical illusion since the camera is positioned to the side and not directly behind the post.

Like others, I am not going to blame officiating for this loss. the fact that our D, loaded with 1st rounders and high-priced free agents, let the Skins drive the lenght of the field at the very end of the game is why we lost.

Translation: The defense blows, even if the ref screwed up the FG.:(

the defense definitely needs to be shored up starting with stewart being **** canned.

juck

Reaction score
If it was no good i would have to assume people would have made a stink,i think it was an illusion

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Ganja;2293088 said:

The camera only showed 11 guys, I am guessing somebody tried to run off the field and didnt make it before the snap. You dont see him because he is suppossedly on the sideline barrier.

I thought Wade was going to challenge it myself, he had the red flag in his hand and he just stuck it back in his pocket.

They still probably make the kick, but they got to run a couple of more mins off the clock.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Sarge;2293060 said:
No - you can't.

Almost 100% sure you can. I think you just cannot challenge a ball that goes over either of the of the sides.

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
lane;2293117 said:
the defense definitely needs to be shored up starting with stewart being **** canned.

couldnt agree more should have just signed capers and sent him packing.

but it would have made too much sense i'll bet 2 weeks pay that next season garrett is the head coach and capers will be the coordinator i think jerry wanted him to get familiar with the players and other coaches

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, so I'm not crazy. I could've sworn that kick was no good. If they missed that one, wow, just wow. Was it the difference in the game? We will never know. That's the problem.

Ganja

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2293135 said:
The camera only showed 11 guys, I am guessing somebody tried to run off the field and didnt make it before the snap. You dont see him because he is suppossedly on the sideline barrier.

I thought Wade was going to challenge it myself, he had the red flag in his hand and he just stuck it back in his pocket.

They still probably make the kick, but they got to run a couple of more mins off the clock.

Yea, you're probably right about someone running off the field late, I was just stuck on Troy and Buck counting the players on those two particular camera shots. It's all good.

OTOH, I'm not so sure about Suisham making the kick had we not been penalized. It would've been about a 47 yarder...that's no gimme.