Brad Sham said after a second look he was positive the kick was no good

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Erik_H in chat said that he thinks it went thru the goal, but hooked wide after it crossed. He went back and looked at the vid.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Loser talk. It doesn't excuse 60 minutes of ineptitude and lackluster play.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beast_from_East;2293347 said:
I only counted 11 on the screen so I am assuming somebody tried to run off the field late.

Norm says it was a good call, that there were in fact 12 guys on the feild. So if Norm says it was a legit call, that is good enough for me.
Erik_H in chat, went frame by frame and counted 12. Couldn't read the number tho. Said the player was at the 19 yard line. Somebody else also posted in chat that Watkins admitted he was the player.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2293368 said:
Loser talk. It doesn't excuse 60 minutes of ineptitude and lackluster play.
Don't think anyone is excusing anything. Most on here have given the Skins props for soundly beating the 'boys. It's called discussing the game.

juck

Reaction score
it went right over the top of the goal post i assume thats good,no dallas players were saying no good.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2293383 said:
Don't think anyone is excusing anything. Most on here have given the Skins props for soundly beating the 'boys. It's called discussing the game.

This thread wouldn't be five pages long if certain people didn't think it was significant. The point is that it never should have come down to a missed Skins fg.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2293378 said:
Erik_H in chat, went frame by frame and counted 12. Couldn't read the number tho. Said the player was at the 19 yard line. Somebody else also posted in chat that Watkins admitted he was the player.

Thanks WoodysGirl, it is just amazing that we had 12 guys on the feild on the most important down of the game AFTER A TIMEOUT.

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2293405 said:
This thread wouldn't be five pages long if certain people didn't think it was significant. The point is that it never should have come down to a missed Skins fg.
2 pages for me. The significance of it and the 12 player thing is that they were big plays in the game and they looked odd. Don't necessarily see a bunch of howling about the unfairness of it all. Multiple people thought the same thing. That makes it a discussion point.

And I agree totally that it shouldn't have come down to a missed FG, an onside kick, missed calls by the ref, or anything else.

random Cs

Reaction score
Both referees signaled good without hesitation. Neither looked at the other for confirmation. That is generally a pretty good sign that the referees got the call correct.

You Cowboy fans have things to complain about after today but this particular case isn't worth the emotion.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2292939 said:
You'll get more closure by hitting the "X" on this thread than you will from any video.

Me and my son who were both watching the game thought and called out the FG as no good, then heard the ref signal good. Still early, did not think much of it.

Having said that, we lost the game. Just needto play better.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
random Cs;2293550 said:
Both referees signaled good without hesitation. Neither looked at the other for confirmation. That is generally a pretty good sign that the referees got the call correct.

You Cowboy fans have things to complain about after today but this particular case isn't worth the emotion.

Agreed

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Wow. He didn't make it.

Has it been mentioned by anyone in the media?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I thought after the Balt/Clev fiasco last year about the Fg, FGs were now reviewable?

I thought it was no good.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
ninja;2293641 said:
I thought after the Balt/Clev fiasco last year about the Fg, FGs were now reviewable?

I thought it was no good.
I'm not sure, but I think it's only reviewable if the ball hits the crossbar.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
yentl911;2292981 said:
Comlaining now isnlt going to change a thing and just make us look like a bunch of sore losers.

I did think the kick was wide but if the Skins would have missed it they would have changed their philosophy down the stretch and our D had no answere. Simple as that.

At times complaining is needed.

If you don't complain, crappy officiating like this will continue.

I wonder if Jerry Jones statements about Ed Hoculi (sp) had something to do about this. ;)

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2292928 said:
Ill take what the 2 guys underneath the goal posts have to say.

Even with as crappy as the officiating has been, I cannot see any way in hell they would mess up a FG.

are you kidding? If they can screw up a coin toss, what makes you think they can't screw up a FG?

Just sayin'.