Brady Quinn looking very uncomfterble

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ccb04 said:
Yeah, he is a QB ... and he threw for 256 yards and 0 Int's ... finishing the game with 114 rating.

And yes, he rushed for a TD ... which means he did infact "score" a TD. And he'll throw plenty more this year than he'll rush for. :laugh2:
He won on the road against a good team. isn't that the idea?

I'd take him right now if we could somehow get a shot at him because I think we could possibly end up needing to address QB. I don't think the future is all that set yet.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Scoreboard, loser :rolleyes:

Oh, and I'd love you to pick 5 losses from A&M's schedule. Even if we lose to all 4 good teams we play (3 at home), we'll still go 8-4
way to soften up that non-conference schedule.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
And A&M has the easiest schedule in the Big XII, maybe of any major BCS conference team.
It's really sad...lol. Coach Fran should've stayed put at Bammer.

superpunk

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
somebody please change the spelling on this thread title, b/c it looks like it was written by a 10 year old.

thanks.

:D

I think they should change the entire title.

maybe something catchy, like....

"Come see the irrational hating!"

Or something else descriptive like that.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Hostile said:
He won on the road against a good team. isn't that the idea?

I'd take him right now if we could somehow get a shot at him because I think we could possibly end up needing to address QB. I don't think the future is all that set yet.

Ain't that the truth Hostile and GT was talked up buy the the college guys saying they have a really good defense and was going to be a tough game on the road for ND.

By Quinn not turning the ball over in a hostile environment against a very good defense is bad how. Plus no QB is great every game the guy has talent and I think he will do well on the next level.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Dont even talk about another teams schedule. How was playing 3 winning teams last year? Your pathetic team milked it for all it was worth.

I never said ND had the toughest schedule in 2005 or 2006, my response was to that clown whose team beat up on The Citadel in their opener and he has the nerve to say "scoreboard".

And we'll see how far that "pathetic" team goes this year.

Do you have a team or do you just root against others for fun? You've got issues.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Heisman contender my ***. Another overrated over hyped ND team, big surprise.

JustSayNotoTO said:
Tech up 7-0. ND offense has looked terrible, Quinn has been awful.

JustSayNotoTO said:
10-0 Tech. Time for the media darling to actually perform like everyone claims he can.

JustSayNotoTO said:
Anytime ND gets a decent QB, the media overhypes him to christ like proportions. I saw this last year, Brady Quinn isnt that good. I wish Musberger would stop acting like he is dating him. Call him QUINN, the only Brady I know is Tom and he is a multiple SB champ.

JustSayNotoTO said:
My god, I wish ABC would shut the hell up about Brady Quinn. This isnt even the Notre dame Broadcasting Network that I am watching.

JustSayNotoTO said:
Over-rated. Typical Notre Dame nonsense.

JustSayNotoTO said:
Brady Quinn= Most overrated player in the country. Like I said, whenever ND gets even a respectable QB the media machine goes into over drive to proclaim him gods gift to football and the no brainer heisman choice.

JustSayNotoTO said:
Puhhhleaze, anyone can pad their stats against the Michigan State defense and Navy.

JustSayNotoTO said:
They put this kid all over my tv, all over my magazines and he has done nothing but get embarrassed by Ohio State. I am tired of the Brady Quinn hype.

JustSayNotoTO said:
And yet the midgit has more TD passes than Mr. Heisman.

JustSayNotoTO said:
What did he do today to show he is anywhere near Heisman worthy?

JustSayNotoTO said:
Seems like every other team in the top 5 had no problems with the unranked minnows they played against.

JustSayNotoTO said:
Heisman QB's throw touchdowns against unranked opposition, but since this is Notre Dame we are talking about, I guess everyone will let it slide and trust the mighty medias word.

JustSayNotoTO said:
If he would have thrown ONE touchdown tonight, it would have meant something. Darius Walker was the star of this game, by far and I am fine with that. I like him, he is a fantastic player. Quinn showed he is no where near Heisman material today.

JustSayNotoTO said:
The media are calling Quinn the best player in college football and a #1 heisman candidate, obviously tonight should prove them wrong. The first half he was BAD, and his longest play of the day was the result of great catch from Smardzija. Send him to New York allready.:lmao2:

JustSayNotoTO said:
If he wants numbers like 2005 he will have to whip on the unrankeds to pad his stats in the same manner he did last year.

HeavyHitta31 said:
Notre Dame is so horribly overrated it makes me sick. Georgia Tech played one of their worst games the last two years and STILL nearly beat the Irish

I guess it's alot easier to win knowing that the refs will bail you out of any and every predicament

JustSayNotoTO said:
Might as well just give him the Heisman then. If scoring no TD's was the cheif criteria for it, Quinn would be the undisputed leader.

JustSayNotoTO said:
The fact that the media loves ND is plainly obvious. It pains me to see so many idiots fall for it.

JustSayNotoTO said:
Did you miss the part that said he was a Quarterback?

The same idiots that say Quinn did well today because of his miraculous QB draw are the same idiots that were on his nuts after the USC game last year.

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Notre Dame is guaranteed at least 3 calls going its way when it plays at home. Hell, they even get the calls on the road.

Their schedule is so "brutal" yet how many of the teams they play will be top 15 at the end of the season? Maybe Michigan, USC and maybe Penn State. No one else.

Then again someone has to play the academies and Stanford.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
Notre Dame is guaranteed at least 3 calls going its way when it plays at home. Hell, they even get the calls on the road.

Their schedule is so "brutal" yet how many of the teams they play will be top 15 at the end of the season? Maybe Michigan, USC and maybe Penn State. No one else.

Then again someone has to play the academies and Stanford.

OK, I'm going to take the bait and try to have a serious discussion about this. Not sure you can do it with the obvious hatred you have towards ND, but I'll give it a try. I don't know who said ND had the toughest schedule in the country last year or this year, but I agree, it's not.

Half of ND's schedule is pretty much the same from year to year. They always play Michigan, Michigan St., Purdue, USC, Navy and Stanford. They don't always play Air Force and Army and in the past few years they've sprinkled in Pittsburgh(who they always used to play), Tennessee, Penn St., Washington, BYU, Syracuse, Florida St, used to play Boston College (and usually get beat)always, they played Maryland, Washington St., West Virginia, even Nebraska. My point being is that these scheules are completed and negotiated on years before they actually play. They have teams already tenatively scheduled out as far as 2016. Who knows if any of those programs will be any good? Who knows if Michigan or Michigan St. are going to be having good years? Who knew Tennessee was not going to be that good the last few years? When ND scheduled them their program was top 5 just about every year, but by the time the games actually rolled around, Tennessee was having a few down years. Back in the late 80's to late 90's USC was not very good and I know ND beat them a ton. USC was a weak link on the schedule back then, eventhough it was a rivalry game. Now USC is good again and that's a very tough game and Davie and Willingham got blown out by USC on more than one occasion. Back when Holtz was there they scheduled Miami and Florida St. in some great games. We do play some bad teams every year, but we don't schedule North Texas or The Citadel and so on. I do agree with you that this years schedule is not that tough. Their first 4 games I think were/are tough games with @ Ga Tech, Penn St., Michigan and @ Michigan St. After that I don't see many close games at all until the last game at USC. Very difficult for any team to run the table and ND would have to get some breaks to accomplish that feat.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
Notre Dame is overrated. They struggled with an unranked Georgia Tech team. The problem is that they have the media in their back pocket. Their scheduke thi year is just as much fluff as last year. USC and Michigan being their toughest games this year. Navy, Army, Air Force, Stanford, North Carolina, Purdue? Can we fluff this schedule anymore?

Plus, the media is in love with the Irish. Even if they lose to Mich this weekend they won't drop more than a few ranks. In fact, they'll probably still be ranked ahead of Michigan. Notre Dame got this #2 ranking because they are Notre Dame not because they are the #2 team in the nation.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
DallasCowboysRule! said:
Notre Dame is overrated. They struggled with an unranked Georgia Tech team. The problem is that they have the media in their back pocket. Their scheduke thi year is just as much fluff as last year. USC and Michigan being their toughest games this year. Navy, Army, Air Force, Stanford, North Carolina, Purdue? Can we fluff this schedule anymore?

Plus, the media is in love with the Irish. Even if they lose to Mich this weekend they won't drop more than a few ranks. In fact, they'll probably still be ranked ahead of Michigan. Notre Dame got this #2 ranking because they are Notre Dame not because they are the #2 team in the nation.

So who has a tough schedule?

USC playing the PAC-10? 'nuff said. PAC-10 is awful.

Ohio St. playing out of conference games against N. Illinois, Cincinnati and Bowling Green, along with Big 10 chumps like Northwestern, Illinois and Indiana? Give me a break.

Texas playing Rice, North Texas and Sam Houston St., Iowa St.Oklahoma St., Baylor and so on. Whatever.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Glenn Carano said:
So who has a tough schedule?

USC playing the PAC-10? 'nuff said. PAC-10 is awful.

Ohio St. playing out of conference games against N. Illinois, Cincinnati and Bowling Green, along with Big 10 chumps like Northwestern, Illinois and Indiana? Give me a break.

Texas playing Rice, North Texas and Sam Houston St., Iowa St.Oklahoma St., Baylor and so on. Whatever.

Those programs, however, do not cry about how tough their schedule is AND they are required to play conference games. ND refuses to join a conference as they don't want to have to share their tv money.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
Those programs, however, do not cry about how tough their schedule is AND they are required to play conference games. ND refuses to join a conference as they don't want to have to share their tv money.

When does ND cry about their schedule? They choose who they play. Give me an example of who ND should play?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Glenn Carano said:
When does ND cry about their schedule? They choose who they play. Give me an example of who ND should play?

DomerFan is ALWAYS crying about the schedule, their academics etc.

They should join a real conference instead of that independent crap. No more academies, no more Stanford, BYU, Rutgers, etc

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
DomerFan is ALWAYS crying about the schedule, their academics etc.

They should join a real conference instead of that independent crap. No more academies, no more Stanford, BYU, Rutgers, etc

Are you born and raised in Canada?

If ND really wanted an easier schedule they could have it. Your whole conference argument doesn't work. For example if we joined the Big 10, we'd play Michigan(which we did this year), Penn St.(which we did this year), Michigan St.(which we will play this year), Purdue(which we will play this year) and we'd maybe have to play these other tough:rolleyes: games against Illinois, Indiana, Northwestern, Minnesota. At least the academies put up a fight and actually have decent programs now. Don't forget we'd still play USC. Would ND's schedule be that much more tougher in the Big 10?

Tell Texas to stop playing N. Texas, Rice and Sam Houston St. and the crap teams of the Big XII.

Tell Ohio St. to stop playing N. Illinois, Cincinnati and Bowling Green and the bottom feeders of the Big 10.

Tell Michigan to stop playing C. Michigan and Ball St and the bottom feeders of the Big 10.

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
The book on beating Quinn has been written, and i'm just pissed that as a Penn State fan/season ticket holder our coaches were too dumb to follow it.

Ohio State, Georgia Tech and now Michigan.

You pressure Quinn and he is VERY mediocre.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
Displaced Cowboy said:
The book on beating Quinn has been written, and i'm just pissed that as a Penn State fan/season ticket holder our coaches were too dumb to follow it.

Ohio State, Georgia Tech and now Michigan.

You pressure Quinn and he is VERY mediocre.

Penn St. tried and couldn't do it. Now just go beat Ohio St and Michigan.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Im just glad the Irish lost. I was rolling.

#2? Are you freaking KIDDING? That was a terrible performance. What a job Michigan did on those domers. Awesome!

I sleep better knowing the Irish aren't going to go to far this year. Quinn for Heisman? HA !!

AD - all day baby. :laugh2:

D

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Allright Golden Homers, time for me to tell you how RIGHT I was. Anytime ND gets anything resembling a quarterback, the media builds him up to being some sort of Heisman candidate, you cant argue this. Quinn blew against Michigan, his mistakes lead DIRECTLY to 14 points, and indirectly to more than that. ND is overrated, Quinn isnt that good. He is Ron Powlus junior if I have ever seen one, and it feels so good to say I TOLD YOU SO.

Notre Dame national championship? HILARIOUS!

Quinn as a Heisman contender? A complete joke.

Bring on the excuses for this absolute sodomizing Michigan brought on to Notre Dame, my only regret is that the Michigan players diddnt plant their flag at the 50 the way the Michigan State players did last year.

The lasting image of Notre Dame's 2006 season is going to be that 'pass' that slipped out of Quinns hands and was returned for the touchdown.