1. SPORGWIRE.com
    The best Sports Newswire on the internet!
    SPORGWIRE provides you with an easy way to keep up with the latest sports news,
    rumors, reviews, videos and more from sports sites all over the internet!
    Follow your favorite teams and sports leagues and
    the SPORGWIRE home page becomes your personal sports news site for the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Brand new UK based Cowboys fan

Discussion in 'Members Zone' started by Crosbie, Oct 8, 2018.

1. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

8,585 Messages
    13,581 Likes Received
    Thanks for hanging around and letting us welcome you and get to know you a little better. Some just leave us hanging necessitating turning their welcoming thread into one of debauchery and decadence. We win either way.

We're gonna get our D&D somewhere but I guess we better put lamb's blood on Crosbie's thread.

Londonboy and Xelda like this.
  2. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

8,530 Messages
    16,210 Likes Received
    Sorry. We're so used to people introducing themselves, then disappearing that now we just immediately claim the thread as ours. :laugh:

Londonboy and Xelda like this.
  3. Xelda

Xelda Well-Known Member

1,962 Messages
    5,257 Likes Received
    Dear Crosbie, trust the reprobates! Especially Runnybunny and Coachie Woachie. Oh... yeah... it could happen. Relax, you're safe. Lundy (precedence) is trying to lead you down the wrong path. He's already discussed British food with us. :thumbdown: It might taste great, but the names sound unappealing. Ask for Spotted Dick here with cause more problems than you can shake a stick at.
    :star:Once you've become more familiar with our history, love for the Cowboys will make perfect sense. :star:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Londonboy and Runwildboys like this.
  4. Crosbie

Crosbie Member

33 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Hahaha. No worries man, I like to check in regularly. I work from home 5 days a week so I can dip in & out when things aren't too chaotic. It's nice to see how close the pack is!

My pleasure, brother!

Thanks Xeldyweldy! I'm trying to absorb as much of the history as I can, watching some of the seasons whereby we won or at least reached the SB. I watched Tony Romo's "A Football Life" as well as the All Or Nothing; A Season With The Dallas Cowboys on Prime... I'm already too deep into this relationship to go sewing my wild-oats anywhere else, like Las Vegas or New Orleans. ;)

Xelda, Londonboy and Runwildboys like this.
  5. Runwildboys

8,530 Messages
    16,210 Likes Received
    "Xeldyweldy"....lol..... It's suits her! :lmao2:

Xelda and Londonboy like this.
  6. Crosbie

Crosbie Member

33 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Everybody got their Giants jerseys ready for tonight's game? I know how unholy it feels cheering for a rival, but as far as our play-offs chances go... They're the lesser of two evils :D

Xelda likes this.
  7. CouchCoach

8,585 Messages
    13,581 Likes Received
    Well, the way the East is going, the winner of the division might also get a top 10 draft pick.

Xelda likes this.
  8. Londonboy

Londonboy Well-Known Member

1,764 Messages
    4,317 Likes Received
    I'm now picturing a Gal with an oxy acetylene torch and a maniacal grin.

9. Londonboy

Londonboy Well-Known Member

1,764 Messages
    4,317 Likes Received
    C'mon now Pardner, let's try and keep the negativity where it belongs.
    This is Our newest happy place, We have a duty to Shepherd Our newest member to the delights of Cowboy fandom, let Him find gloom and despair in His own good time.

Runwildboys and Xelda like this.
  10. Xelda

Xelda Well-Known Member

1,962 Messages
    5,257 Likes Received
    NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! The only thing I allow on my property is someone wiping their butt with Giants propaganda
    :star: The Giants will never be the lesser of two evils. They can only tie with the other evils. Oh wait, you're talking about Philly. You're right. They are the devil's team. The only good thing they ever did was hire Chip Kelly.

11. CouchCoach

8,585 Messages
    13,581 Likes Received
    That's Podnah, ya gotta get that Texas thang down.

Londonboy likes this.
  12. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat Zone Supporter

4,840 Messages
    7,780 Likes Received
    Welcome and you have a lot of words in you :oldcouple::welcome:

13. Runwildboys

8,530 Messages
    16,210 Likes Received
    Not anymore.

gp_cowpolk and Londonboy like this.
  14. Xelda

Xelda Well-Known Member

1,962 Messages
    5,257 Likes Received
    That might be how they say it in Georgia, but Texans religiously use the letter R. It's Podner or Pawdner (East Texas Twang, thank you, thank you). Are you the one that got him to using "y'all"? Otis looks especially guilty tonight.
    That was a right proper introduction. He's going to be the Silver and Blue Standard by which new members will be judged. The "Hey, I'm new here" group will be dismissed and their threads promptly jacked.

gp_cowpolk, Londonboy and Runwildboys like this.
  15. Crosbie

Crosbie Member

33 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Hahah. I like to try and add a bit more character to introductions than just "Err hello, I err, I guess I'm new here... uhmmmmmmm.... Go Cowboys?" You guys have been a great welcoming committee, I am honoured. Yea, that's right right, I said HONOURED.

16. CouchCoach

8,585 Messages
    13,581 Likes Received
    He always looks guilty because even if he hasn't done anything, he's lusted in his heart like Jimmy Carter.

I don't know who is responsible for Londy using y'all but I think it makes him look cute.

gp_cowpolk, Londonboy and Xelda like this.
  17. CouchCoach

8,585 Messages
    13,581 Likes Received
    Uh oh, another Brit with too many u's, just for that, I am droppin' my g's.

Crosbie, you use as many words as you like, these folks are used to it. They complained about me for years but then realized how much I had helped their readin' skills and actually stopped several from movin' their lips when readin' because of chapped lips.

18. Runwildboys

8,530 Messages
    16,210 Likes Received
    TL;DR

gp_cowpolk, Londonboy and Xelda like this.
  19. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat Zone Supporter

4,840 Messages
    7,780 Likes Received
    Watch out for the machete

Runwildboys, Xelda and Londonboy like this.
  20. Romo_To_Dez

Romo_To_Dez Well-Known Member

5,532 Messages
    2,910 Likes Received
    :welcome: Glad you picked the Cowboys as your NFL team and welcome to this board!:starspin::starspin: