Brandin Cooks: CeeDee and I have no ego, I told him I'm coming to help

CWR

Reaction score
Good to hear, he has some vet experience to learn from. He never really had that.

That's not true. I specifically remember him asking Coop about route techniques and Coop was more than willing and helpful. Dude was a nice weapon for us, I don't understand why some throw shade at him. It's ironic considering how much hate Dez got for his demeanor and then Coop got the same for being the opposite. (Not saying that is you)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not true. I specifically remember him asking Coop about route techniques and Coop was more than willing and helpful. Dude was a nice weapon for us, I don't understand why some throw shade at him. It's ironic considering how much hate Dez got for his demeanor and then Coop got the same for being the opposite. (Not saying that is you)
I know Cooper was there to help, but how much did he help. I do not know. So I did not mention him.

I guess with a few years in now, as he was learning from Cooper and the coaches, CeeDee knows much more now. And with Cooks it will make even more sense or easier to grasp and understand. As in not flooded with too much too soon. Maybe Cooper laid some ground work. But nice to see that continued with Cooks.

quickccc

Reaction score
We'll see. Sure hope that's true.
i do wonder why Cooks has been traded several times to several teams for a guy that has very productive yet never
made a Pro Bowl, despite playing with two great HOF quarterbacks in both New Orleans and NE.

But he brings major pluses, ...great speed game, vertical over the top threat, established, experience vet WR, versatile to play outside as well
as inside in the slot. And he's never been an injury prone wreck.

And Cook also doesn't appear to carry the diva drama ego that a Beckham carries.

Like several ex-Texans players, he really wanted out of Houston, and to my shock, he not only got his wish to depart
Houston, but he got his wish to be a Dallas Cowboy..!!
:flagwave:

CWR

Reaction score
I know Cooper was there to help, but how much did he help. I do not know. So I did not mention him.

I guess with a few years in now, as he was learning from Cooper and the coaches, CeeDee knows much more now. And with Cooks it will make even more sense or easier to grasp and understand. As in not flooded with too much too soon. Maybe Cooper laid some ground work. But nice to see that continued with Cooks.

I agree, and I wonder how much KMs scheme hurt these guys in regards to options routes. There was a lot of opportunity for miscommunication between pass catchers and the qb.

Big_D

Reaction score
i do wonder why Cooks has been traded several times to several teams for a guy that has very productive yet never
made a Pro Bowl, despite playing with two great HOF quarterbacks in both New Orleans and NE.

But he brings major pluses, ...great speed game, vertical over the top threat, established, experience vet WR, versatile to play outside as well
as inside in the slot. And he's never been an injury prone wreck.

And Cook also doesn't appear to carry the diva drama ego that a Beckham carries.

Like several ex-Texans players, he really wanted out of Houston, and to my shock, he not only got his wish to depart
Houston, but he got his wish to be a Dallas Cowboy..!!
:flagwave:

It's the same thing happenig to Cooper. If it wasn't for Jerry he would likely be on his 4th team by now. Both these WRs hover in exactly the same area. Low end #1 numbers who financially dictate their departure. Now he comes in as a legit #2 for a great price. That's the difference from his previous stops. All stops where he was ultimately replaced as the top receiver. You could bet Cleveland will be shopping for a better #1 in the very near future.

Jipper

Reaction score

he certainly helped him at home, but what about on the road? :) i jest....

i would like to see TY come back too....Lamb/Cooks/Galloop/TY + would be great to bring the bottom 2 along....exciting stuff

Toro9

Reaction score
I've admired Cooks his whole career. Never thought we'd have him. Probably not what he used to be but I'm happy to have him. Another thing about this guy is he's not a diva. He knows his job.