Brandin Cooks: CeeDee and I have no ego, I told him I'm coming to help

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There are some members on here really big mad about Cooper being traded. It's strange the players that get latched onto here - I'm sure we'll be hearing about Zeke after every loss next season and how his 3ypc would have won us those games.
Its really odd because we've all sat here and complained about Cooper not showing up in big games...now that he's gone he's Jerry Rice. The front office has strayed away from the divas we've been used to and has completely changed the makeup of the team IMO. But its never enough.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Cooper used to win us games Cooks has never won a team games. He's been moved around so much because he doesn't impact/help win games. He is a pure stat padder like a Dak/Shultz combo, never when a game is on the line just garbage time stat padding. He is trash, will have zero to no impact on this offense and will be gone in a yr or 2. Meaningless.
It took me 1 minute to prove this theory that Cooks doesn't win games wrong. :). Get on-board the Cooks train and don't worry about the time you drafted him in fantasy football. He will be a productive WR here.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Cooper used to win us games Cooks has never won a team games. He's been moved around so much because he doesn't impact/help win games. He is a pure stat padder like a Dak/Shultz combo, never when a game is on the line just garbage time stat padding. He is trash, will have zero to no impact on this offense and will be gone in a yr or 2. Meaningless.
Cooks has never failed to reach 1000 yards in any season he's played in every game, and he's trash? You think Cooper was some kind of demigod at receiver when 75 percent of his season stats came in three or four huge games a year and in the other games he's catching three or four passes for 30 yards. That's a stat padder, not Cooks.

And comparing Cooper to Cooks is missing the point entirely anyway. The player that replaced Cooper is CeeDee Lamb. Cooks is here to be the number two receiver.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Its really odd because we've all sat here and complained about Cooper not showing up in big games...now that he's gone he's Jerry Rice. The front office has strayed away from the divas we've been used to and has completely changed the makeup of the team IMO. But its never enough.
Some people just get a kick out of being the dissenting voice. Nothing ever pleases them. But if another team managed to grab Cooks for two late round picks they'd be the first ones to call out the Cowboys for being stupid and doing nothing to improve the team.

It's just like the Dak stuff. It's so predictable and transparent it's embarrassing.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It took me 1 minute to prove this theory that Cooks doesn't win games wrong. :). Get on-board the Cooks train and don't worry about the time you drafted him in fantasy football. He will be a productive WR here.

Found a clip of all of his TDs on the side bar. The man gets a lot of separation + he's pretty good at the end around run.
All of his TDs

Last edited:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Found a clip of all of his TDs on the side bar. The man gets a lot of separation + he's pretty good at the end around run.
All of his TDs
I like him and draft him on Draft Kings he produces good numbers for his cost hope he can do it here. Maybe he has not been on the right team yet he has talent and is not injured goods

Big_D

Reaction score

He’s better than Jerry Rice the way people talk. lol He wasn’t worth the contract and Cleveland did this team a favor. But the way people carry on about very replaceable production and no value considering the ridiculous contract, it’s more sad than anything.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s better than Jerry Rice the way people talk. lol He wasn’t worth the contract and Cleveland did this team a favor. But the way people carry on about very replaceable production and no value considering the ridiculous contract, it’s more sad than anything.
People blame the front office for getting a 5th for him.....and maybe had they waited until the draft they could've got a 4th or so.....but its telling that when it was time to trade for him no one offered more than a 5th or much more.

Big_D

Reaction score
People blame the front office for getting a 5th for him.....and maybe had they waited until the draft they could've got a 4th or so.....but its telling that when it was time to trade for him no one offered more than a 5th or much more.
Only 1 team was willing to take the contract. It was never about the pick. They only had 1 option but people want to make it sound like teams were lined up. It was a 5th to Cleveland plus they eat the contract or the Cowboys are on the hook. There was no interest in that contract except from one of the stupidest teams in football. People are fooling themselves.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Only 1 team was willing to take the contract. It was never about the pick. They only had 1 option but people want to make it sound like teams were lined up. It was a 5th to Cleveland plus they eat the contract or the Cowboys are on the hook. There was no interest in that contract except from one of the stupidest teams in football. People are fooling themselves.
It was how we got him to begin with. No one wanted to offer more than a 2nd and the bad teams had better 2nd round picks then us so we had to get up to a 1st.

Big_D

Reaction score
It was how we got him to begin with. No one wanted to offer more than a 2nd and the bad teams had better 2nd round picks then us so we had to get up to a 1st.
And that’s younger while still on a rookie deal. Before the stupid contract, they maybe could’ve gotten a 3rd or 4th. After the contract, it was never gonna happen.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That was because they knew dallas was going to cut him if they could not trade him, everyone knew that.
The only incentive was that a team willing to give a low draft pick could get him before he was cut.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
All of his TDs
most of the td's on that were from his NO days.
In NO he had drew brees throwing to him, in NE he had tom brady, and in dallas lol he will have dak throwing to him.
That does make a difference , dak cant throw certain types of passes very well.

Also CD will continue to get the most targets, so I wonder how much he will even be targeted.
More targets = better production, but he wont get enough unless mike is willing to go against jerrys wishes.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In NO he had drew brees throwing to him, in NE he had tom brady, and in dallas lol he will have dak throwing to him.

Also CD will continue to get the most targets, so I wonder how much he will even be targeted.
More targets = better production, but he wont get enough unless mike is willing to go against jerrys wishes.
Wish I had seen him play more, so I'd have a better idea of how good he is. I know the name, but haven't seen many of his actual games. Still think he'll add to our offense.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't expect Cooks to overtake CeeDee and neither does Cooks, himself. He knows his place and that appears to be a good thing. I do believe he'll be a blessing if Dak's able to get him the ball accurately when he's on the run. Chances are, he'll get his share of TDs for the Cowboys, if that happens to be the case. It will be interesting to see if Dak is willing to target him enough to score as befits his speed.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That was because they knew dallas was going to cut him if they could not trade him, everyone knew that.
The only incentive was that a team willing to give a low draft pick could get him before he was cut.
That’s not entirely true. If everyone knew the Cardinals would cut Hopkins you don’t think someone would offer more than a 5th? Nobody says well I don’t want Grade A talent because they are about to be cut. Why wouldn’t you trade and get the okayed you want as opposed to having to bid for him? It’s the same reason we got him. He was 24 and had a few 1k yard seasons under his belt…yet no one offered more than a 2nd so the Cowboys had to offer a first to get him. We overate our talent more than anyone and Cooper is a perfect example of it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

A receiver doesn't have to get the most targets to get a lot of targets. In 2021 Lamb had the most targets at 120 and 2 other players still had over 100 targets each.

shabazz

Reaction score
I don't expect Cooks to overtake CeeDee and neither does Cooks, himself. He knows his place and that appears to be a good thing. I do believe he'll be a blessing if Dak's able to get him the ball accurately when he's on the run. Chances are, he'll get his share of TDs for the Cowboys, if that happens to be the case. It will be interesting to see if Dak is willing to target him enough to score as befits his speed.
I’m finaly stoked about the promise of a passing attack that can do some damage. Just wish we had a baller at the TE position to compliment the WR corp but just gonna have to hope that Fergs and Money Shot can give us Shultz-like production by committee