Brandin Cooks: CeeDee and I have no ego, I told him I'm coming to help

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I’m finaly stoked about the promise of a passing attack that can do some damage. Just wish we had a baller at the TE position to compliment the WR corp but just gonna have to hope that Fergs and Money Shot can give us Shultz-like production by committee
I think there's reasonably decent chance that we draft a TE who's capable of exceeding what we currently have in house. Mayer comes to mind.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
A receiver doesn't have to get the most targets to get a lot of targets. In 2021 Lamb had the most targets at 120 and 2 other players still had over 100 targets each.
who were the other 2 ?? over 100

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That’s not entirely true. If everyone knew the Cardinals would cut Hopkins you don’t think someone would offer more than a 5th? Nobody says well I don’t want Grade A talent because they are about to be cut. Why wouldn’t you trade and get the okayed you want as opposed to having to bid for him? It’s the same reason we got him. He was 24 and had a few 1k yard seasons under his belt…yet no one offered more than a 2nd so the Cowboys had to offer a first to get him. We overate our talent more than anyone and Cooper is a perfect example of it.
Why wouldn’t you trade and get the okayed you want as opposed to having to bid for him?..... thats what cleveland did, but with a low pick.
many teams dont want to give up a 1.2.3. or even a 4 , it depends on many variables, which are different for each team.

As for cooper, if watson can get back into form, for this season, then we will see if cooper can play better and do more.
Watson did not play for most of the season, which made it hard for wr to look good last year.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Wish I had seen him play more, so I'd have a better idea of how good he is. I know the name, but haven't seen many of his actual games. Still think he'll add to our offense.
Well you can watch the hl films on youtube, some posted here, he looks to be a decent wr, but again it depends on how they use him and how much.
Also depends on dak being accurate on the throws.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Who is overrating? He's certainly not Kupp/Diggs/Jefferson quality, but nobody claims he is.

He has, however, been one of the more consistently productive WRs in the NFL the last 8 years, with a high catch % and 1,000+ yards in 6 of those 8 years, so why would there be no expectation that he can be productive?.
Well, opposite of Lamb, some of us think he will be productive.

Wasn't me. I can't remember who it was, or if there were a couple of guys, but before this happened, I read a couple of guys talking about getting Brandin Cooks, and I remember liking the idea, but just never thought it would happen. And then it did, so kudos to whoever that was.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why wouldn’t you trade and get the okayed you want as opposed to having to bid for him?..... thats what cleveland did, but with a low pick.
many teams dont want to give up a 1.2.3. or even a 4 , it depends on many variables, which are different for each team.

As for cooper, if watson can get back into form, for this season, then we will see if cooper can play better and do more.
Watson did not play for most of the season, which made it hard for wr to look good last year.
Brissett was more than capable. He got Cooper the ball and he had a solid season.

Last season we saw AJ Brown net a 1st and Hollywood Brown. It happens.

plasticman

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with a little ego. there is nothing wrong with wanting to be the #1 receiver. Sometimes the best person to push a player to get better is himself. That's were ego comes in.

Michael Irvin had an ego. He wanted the ball when the game was on the line. He wasn't afraid. He didn't feel pressure. To Michael, it was just an opportunity to demonstrate what he already knew. He was the Playmaker.

The difference with Michael as opposed to other egotistical receivers was that he would never complain so long as the Cowboys won. Michael would have been a very difficult player to be around if the Cowboys were perennial losers during his career.

I'm a little weary of players that don't want to be the star on the team and is satisfied with a supporting role. I want Cooks to push Lamb and stimulate his competitive drive. Fierce competition from within produces a formidable squad.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, opposite of Lamb, some of us think he will be productive.

Wasn't me. I can't remember who it was, or if there were a couple of guys, but before this happened, I read a couple of guys talking about getting Brandin Cooks, and I remember liking the idea, but just never thought it would happen. And then it did, so kudos to whoever that was.
Unless there is some issue we are unaware of, I agree, he should be productive. I see no reason Lamb/Cooks/Gallup can't, at minimum, be a top 10 receiving trio in the NFL, and very possibly quite a bit higher