Brandon Knight had a really good game today

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
had a really really good game today.
That's your swing tackle for the season right there.
Played great in his 1 game last year too. Kid has something.....

One thing to love about the team is the young, cheap depth on the oline.

Knight, McGovern, Biadasz, Steele.

And Looney has been playing better than I expected.

Willliams seems like a weak link. Wonder if he just didn't have enough time healthy with the knee to prepare for the season. Or if he's just turning into a KP. Either way, I'd try a young guy in to replace him at LG.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Knight is the swing tackle for the next two years and has looked good.
With the injury issues we have, it's nice to have Steele around too.
But, just wait until Collins and Smith are back. This offense could be special.

I've been wanting one of our backup olinemen to learn some basic short yardage TE routes. Give us a jumbo blocking TE. We have too little quality at TE, and too much quality on the oline to sit the latter for the former.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
First time he played LT since HS! Amazing.

JG and company would have folded like a cheap suit under those circumstances
The first two 3rd downs looked like that was going to happen, but KM adjusted. The silly part about that adjustment is that everyone in chat was already calling for that adjustment from the start. Quick passes, screen passes...not rocket science.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm greatly relieved to see the progress that Dalton Schultz has made in his bid to become a productive tight end. Yes, he's still somewhat green in his development but at least, showing considerable progress receiving and blocking. He'll likely continue to get playcalls to practice his skills and learn to perform more adequately. He served the offense well by sparking them to gain success when they needed it most. Let's hope to see more of that. :)

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I dont see a hunter either. We're grocery shopping in a hunters world. I wish this team was more like a hunter. Tactical. Strike at the right moment. We'll see what happens tho. Next week will be another huge test. Seattle won't sit back like Atlanta did. They're gonna come after Dak and they tackle much better. Considering the injuries, if the Cowboys can keep it close next week that could be as good as a win.
Watching Seattle game against the Pats right now.

Seattle is not doing much to Cam and the Pats yet.

Stay tuned.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
pay Dak his $40 million-

How about we not pay Lawrence his $20M, Crawford his $8M, and Jaylon Smith his $12M. That is $40M with little return. Then I wouldn't mind paying Dak $40M.

Problem is there just isn't enough money to field a good team if one pays the QB $40M especially when the cap might drop to $175M next year. It is about the team, not about paying one player. Why is Dak not happy with $32M/yr plus $10M/yr in pretty much automatic endorsements for being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys?

By the way, no team out there will pay Dak $40M/yr next year. So, the Cowboys could just let Dak hit FA and match his best contract he receives from another team. No way it is anywhere near $40M/yr. Market price. Would you pay $40K for a car no one else would pay $32K for in an auction with no reserve price?

exciter

Reaction score
had a really really good game today.
That's your swing tackle for the season right there.
Played great in his 1 game last year too. Kid has something.....
Yeah, kinda perturbed why he didn’t start last week. They moved Fowler to the other side after Takk got hurt!

cheyennes

Reaction score
We had many problems in 3 and long.
The play called helped, with quick pass on first.
Zeke helped Steele in pass situations

both played well

MikeB80

Reaction score
The first two 3rd downs looked like that was going to happen, but KM adjusted. The silly part about that adjustment is that everyone in chat was already calling for that adjustment from the start. Quick passes, screen passes...not rocket science.

a big part was olukon and mcKinley getting injured and leaving the game late in the first or early 2nd quarter. That made it so they only really had to worry about one side in fowler. This was a huge help.

JBond

Reaction score
Yep. Good young player. Steele? Not so much. When Tyron comes back I want to see Knight at R.T util Collins gets back,..not Steele.
Steele is not as bad as people believe. Trial by fire. He may surprise some next year.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Didn't Knight get it kind of easy once Takk McKinley was hurt? Granted, even still he's a backup playing against backups.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
One thing to love about the team is the young, cheap depth on the oline.

Knight, McGovern, Biadasz, Steele.

And Looney has been playing better than I expected.

Willliams seems like a weak link. Wonder if he just didn't have enough time healthy with the knee to prepare for the season. Or if he's just turning into a KP. Either way, I'd try a young guy in to replace him at LG.
Yeah, I’m liking what some of these younger OL are doing, as well. Knight in particular looks like a nice player that can play inside or outside.

For being an UDFA rookie with no offseason, Steele has impressed me as well.

And Looney is a good player, IMO. He’ll never be a high end starter like Frederick but he can start in this league. He’s way better than some fans give him credit for. He gets blamed for the mess that was the 2018 OL, but actually most of that blame belongs on Paul Alexander... or on whoever wanted to hire him as the OL coach. He had the whole line jacked up.

As for Williams, I hesitate to judge him this season off of the first two weeks... it’s not really an accurate picture of him having to play against Aaron Donald and Grady Jarrett in his only action so far. Jarrett is one of the most disruptive DT’s in the league and Donald is one of the best in the 100 year history of the NFL.

Not to mention that he is coming off of ACL surgery and when playing against Jarrett, he had Knight next to him instead of Smith.

I think the next few games will paint a more accurate picture of Williams’ progress.

Overall. I am really impressed with the OL coaching that is doing a phenomenal job with what has been a very unstable situation in the first two games. OL takes more time to work together than any other unit, and with very little practice and two UDFA tackles, the OL coaching has that group playing infinitely better than should be expected under those circumstances. They’ve been able to run the ball and today Dak was able to drop back and pass for almost 500 yards.

Big time kudos to the coaches.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m liking what some of these younger OL are doing, as well. Knight in particular looks like a nice player that can play inside or outside.

For being an UDFA rookie with no offseason, Steele has impressed me as well.

And Looney is a good player, IMO. He’ll never be a high end starter like Frederick but he can start in this league. He’s way better than some fans give him credit for. He gets blamed for the mess that was the 2018 OL, but actually most of that blame belongs on Paul Alexander... or on whoever wanted to hire him as the OL coach. He had the whole line jacked up.

As for Williams, I hesitate to judge him this season off of the first two weeks... it’s not really an accurate picture of him having to play against Aaron Donald and Grady Jarrett in his only action so far. Jarrett is one of the most disruptive DT’s in the league and Donald is one of the best in the 100 year history of the NFL.

Not to mention that he is coming off of ACL surgery and when playing against Jarrett, he had Knight next to him instead of Smith.

I think the next few games will paint a more accurate picture of Williams’ progress.

Overall. I am really impressed with the OL coaching that is doing a phenomenal job with what has been a very unstable situation in the first two games. OL takes more time to work together than any other unit, and with very little practice and two UDFA tackles, the OL coaching has that group playing infinitely better than should be expected under those circumstances. They’ve been able to run the ball and today Dak was able to drop back and pass for almost 500 yards.

Big time kudos to the coaches.
Great post my dude.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Didn't Knight get it kind of easy once Takk McKinley was hurt? Granted, even still he's a backup playing against backups.
It isn’t just player-on-player out there. If there is a weak spot on the OL, defensive coaches will scheme to get pressure. They’ll overload one side or move their best rusher over that guy.

For the OL to hold up like it did today, Steele wasn’t terrible and didn’t compromise the unit’s effectiveness. That is a huge win for the kid and an even bigger win for the Cowboys talent evaluation personnel.

Verdict

Reaction score
How about we not pay Lawrence his $20M, Crawford his $8M, and Jaylon Smith his $12M. That is $40M with little return. Then I wouldn't mind paying Dak $40M.

Problem is there just isn't enough money to field a good team if one pays the QB $40M especially when the cap might drop to $175M next year. It is about the team, not about paying one player. Why is Dak not happy with $32M/yr plus $10M/yr in pretty much automatic endorsements for being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys?

By the way, no team out there will pay Dak $40M/yr next year. So, the Cowboys could just let Dak hit FA and match his best contract he receives from another team. No way it is anywhere near $40M/yr. Market price. Would you pay $40K for a car no one else would pay $32K for in an auction with no reserve price?
Pay the man posts are usually uninformed posters commenting. They do not understand how the cap works.