Brandon Knight had a really good game today

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
How about we not pay Lawrence his $20M, Crawford his $8M, and Jaylon Smith his $12M. That is $40M with little return. Then I wouldn't mind paying Dak $40M.

Problem is there just isn't enough money to field a good team if one pays the QB $40M especially when the cap might drop to $175M next year. It is about the team, not about paying one player. Why is Dak not happy with $32M/yr plus $10M/yr in pretty much automatic endorsements for being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys?

By the way, no team out there will pay Dak $40M/yr next year. So, the Cowboys could just let Dak hit FA and match his best contract he receives from another team. No way it is anywhere near $40M/yr. Market price. Would you pay $40K for a car no one else would pay $32K for in an auction with no reserve price?

Tannehill's making 30 mil a year and you don't think a team would offer Dak 40? Hilarious.

If Dak hit free agency, I guarantee multiple teams would offer him 40 mil. The Cowboys' sole leverage is the tag.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Tannehill's making 30 mil a year and you don't think a team would offer Dak 40? Hilarious.

If Dak hit free agency, I guarantee multiple teams would offer him 40 mil. The Cowboys' sole leverage is the tag.
That’s a good point on Tannehill. He’s not bad but that’s a whole lot of money for him.

It’s just the nature of today’s QB money. It is high and rising fast.

starfan1

Reaction score
I think the line looked better after the injury to falcons DE (can’t think of his name just now) but they seemed to gel a bit after he left game

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Name the team likely to pay $40M for Dak. If the cap drops to $175M next year, no team will be able to do it.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I'm greatly relieved to see the progress that Dalton Schultz has made in his bid to become a productive tight end. Yes, he's still somewhat green in his development but at least, showing considerable progress receiving and blocking. He'll likely continue to get playcalls to practice his skills and learn to perform more adequately. He served the offense well by sparking them to gain success when they needed it most. Let's hope to see more of that. :)
Schultz has been my pet cat since they drafted him.

Glad to see him getting his chance.

The fumble was poor timing but he made the chains move and that was a relief to see that.

Hope he gets his blocking better to help Zeke.

But like him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Schultz has been my pet cat since they drafted him.

Glad to see him getting his chance.

The fumble was poor timing but he made the chains move and that was a relief to see that.

Hope he gets his blocking better to help Zeke.

But like him.

He's progressing steadily enough to encourage Moore to call his number more frequently with the passage of time. Schultz was actually a catalyst for the team rebounding offensively, when they needed it the most. If he keeps it up, his number will be called more and more. Oftentimes, opportunities have everything to do with young players responding positively to their chances. I'm really impressed with the way he's responding so well now. I think it'll get better as added experience gives him the confidence he needs. He's doing a good job of getting open lately and Dak is making the most of it. If he gains some strength and a bit more bulk, I would expect his blocking to improve accordingly. It just takes time. He's responding well to his coaching, so that's encouraging, also.

Last edited:

8FOR!3

Reaction score
It isn’t just player-on-player out there. If there is a weak spot on the OL, defensive coaches will scheme to get pressure. They’ll overload one side or move their best rusher over that guy.

For the OL to hold up like it did today, Steele wasn’t terrible and didn’t compromise the unit’s effectiveness. That is a huge win for the kid and an even bigger win for the Cowboys talent evaluation personnel.

Right I don't disagree. Just saying, Takk being out definitely helped make it a little easier for the OL, that was one less guy they had to worry about it Grady Jarrett is enough of a handful himself and Dante Fowler got a couple of pressures too I believe on that right side, but as the game went on Steele's play improved imo.

Rayman70

Reaction score
steele wasnt bad. He is getting better. Knight really saved the day. I thought his footwork and hand placement was key. He isn't nearly as strong as Tyron, but with his great technique, he doesn't need to be.We will need him to be great again when we play Seattle. I would rest Tyron again this week. Steele gonna have to grow up fast at RT.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He's progressing steadily enough to encourage Moore to call his number more frequently with the passage of time. Schultz was actually a catalyst for the team rebounding offensively, when they needed it the most. If he keeps it up, his number will be called more and more. Oftentimes, opportunities have everything to do with young players responding positively to their chances. I'm really impressed with the way he's responding so well now. I think it'll get better as added experience gives him the confidence he needs. He's doing a good job of getting open lately and Dak is making the most of it. If he gains some strength and a bit more bulk, I would expect his blocking to improve accordingly. It just takes time. He's responding well to his coaching, so that's encouraging, also.
And his catching is Grade A.

Becuz we just haven't seen him too much..no one really knew.

His TD earlier in the comeback was over his shoulder and as good as it's done.

We learned so much about this team yesterday which was unexplored.

Who knew we know how to do fake punts? They did not work but they are in the game plan when needed. Now other teams have to prepare for them becuz we will now use it.

What's next? A reverse on a KO?

And who knew about our FG kicker playing an onsides kick like kicking a soda pop can down the street.?

That one shocked the entire football world.

Some day.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
had a really really good game today.
That's your swing tackle for the season right there.
Played great in his 1 game last year too. Kid has something.....

did he have a good game or was he just lucky that their McKinley de got hurt?

Techsass

Reaction score
Apparently the coaching staff didn’t like how he looked in practice at T to the point he was on the depth chart as a G. I have no idea how you see his film last year and decide he needs to change positions lol. He’s not perfect but definitely has the chance to develop into a starting NFL caliber T. I’ll take him as our swing for now.
I think whoever came up with that depth chart was drunk.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
And his catching is Grade A.

Becuz we just haven't seen him too much..no one really knew.

His TD earlier in the comeback was over his shoulder and as good as it's done.

We learned so much about this team yesterday which was unexplored.

Who knew we know how to do fake punts? They did not work but they are in the game plan when needed. Now other teams have to prepare for them becuz we will now use it.

What's next? A reverse on a KO?

And who knew about our FG kicker playing an onsides kick like kicking a soda pop can down the street.?

That one shocked the entire football world.

Some day.

LOL -- as far as that onside kick was concerned, other teams will be wise to what happened to Atlanta. We may well never get the opportunity to see that happen again. Every team in the league will study that abomination of kick coverage by Atlanta and be strongly advised not to commit that same mistake. It surely was good while it lasted, though. It made a miracle possible where, when and how it couldn't have occurred otherwise. Atlanta players were ignorant of the fact that they were entitled to go for the ball before it reached 10 yards. It was an epic blunder , , , color their faces red.
Thank you very much, Falcon birdies . . . :muttley: :lmao:

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
did he have a good game or was he just lucky that their McKinley de got hurt?

No doubt but what Steele caught a break with Taak out but maybe the experience will do him good, anyway. We'll see.

quickccc

Reaction score
He really wasn't that bad today...he had a couple of mental errors for penalties...but Dak got sacked once early...not Steele's guy...and only touched 4 times. We threw for 450 yards and rushed for 125. Hard to fault the rookie UDFA.

+1

it wasn't pretty as Steele had a couple of struggle spots, but it wasn't like Steele was Chaz Green 2.0...

I can see why they want to invest and develop him, once he gets his techniques down and gain more strength core, he could be
playing with much more confidence and presence in a year or two.
The team signed him to a bonus as an undrafted rookie because they liked his athleticism, length and long term potential., despite
a down last year at Texas Tech and Senior Bowl outing.

- With Brandon Knight for a guy they consider more of a OG than OT. i was impressed with his fundamentals, anchor strength. and self-confidence
for one with little NFL game experience and not big on pure athleticism and length .
they gave him some chip help on occasions, and a quick pass game help matters too.
His short pass sets consistently placed his body between he and the QB.
His play at starting LT still allowed us to be very productive and explosive and we passed a great amount.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Name the team likely to pay $40M for Dak. If the cap drops to $175M next year, no team will be able to do it.

Yes they will. They will just backload the deal. The cap hit isn’t gonna be 40 mil in the first season, or even the second season.

One of the reasons why AAV doesn’t matter. It’s guarantees that matter.

quickccc

Reaction score
No one knows. Collins and Sean Lee....just because the rules allow them back from 3 games doesn’t mean they will. Hip injury, surgery for a sports hernia? They could be back after the Seattle game or be out through Thanksgiving.

that's how i feel and see it too.
it's no guarantee that these guys will get back to their due return date.
I for one, a really doubting it when it comes to lee.

Best to take the worst case scenario and depend on the backups if need be.
And we definitely do not want to push too fast -too soon, and reaggravate mending injuries.