Brawls on the concourse

1time4urMind

Reaction score
Same here. I worked as a bouncer on Fire Island in the 80s and I had to break up a ton of slap fights.

It was just slap, slap, freaking slap. I cant even remember how many men I had to beat off.
All that slapping and beating off sounds like a completely different type of event. Jk

I worked at a club on weekends. And, it was startling how many grown men started name calling and slapping.
The women on the other hand... they hit with closed fists! Barely had a warning, just a raised voice followed by the unmistakable e sound of a closed fist meeting a solid face. Lol

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
There should be a system where your ticket also ties into a credit card. You can only purchase drinks with your ticket and there is a 2 alcoholic drink max. Once you hit that you are cut off.

Reaction score
80% of people can't handle alcohol and should never drink.
It's true! Good luck with that though, consumption of alcohol is almost a right-of-passage for young people and nobody knows if they're in that 20% until it's too late.

links18

Reaction score
Same here. I worked as a bouncer on Fire Island in the 80s and I had to break up a ton of slap fights.

It was just slap, slap, freaking slap. I cant even remember how many men I had to beat off.
Before or after Labor Day?

links18

Reaction score
Wish I had been there! I worked as a bouncer at South Padre Island during spring break, back.in the day. I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.
Would have cuffed them and stuffed them. They should have been arrested.
I volunteered at a music festival once. They put me in charge of checking IDs at the beer tent. After about twenty people showed me their concealed carry permits as their ID, I asked for a different job.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The last few times that I've been to an NFL game I have been pretty much floored with how bad the crowd can get. People don't have a few beers, they get TRASHED.

In the words of Ben Kenobi, "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just read a Patriots fan who is a father of 2 was killed at Gillette Stadium following the game vs the Dolphins. I read a Dolphins fans struck the man. Foolish to say the least.
Yeah, a Patriots fan coworker of mine was telling me about that today. Said the guy got punched in the face twice and died. They don't know why yet. I'm guessing he had a preexisting condition, if he didn't hit his head or something.
Another reason not to hit people unnecessarily.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Yeah, a Patriots fan coworker of mine was telling me about that today. Said the guy got punched in the face twice and died. They don't know why yet. I'm guessing he had a preexisting condition, if he didn't hit his head or something.
Another reason not to hit people unnecessarily.
I read he hit his head when landing. Regardless, so unnecessary. Two kids are now without a father based on something so foolish.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Went to a Skins-Eagles game at the Vet in the mid 80s as a kid. I was with a bunch of Skins fans and those animals were throwing all kind of junk at us the entire game. Mind you, the group I was with were mostly kids and maybe 2-3 adults.
At least our fans throw trash at Dak and not at opposing fans.