Brawls on the concourse

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm a big man, my dad always told me not to be a bully. He would tell me, as big as you are, most people won't fight you fair. Salud!
Yeah, I had to convince a few people they didn't wanna fight me. "Just leave the bar before you get hurt. Your pride isn't worth the pain." That's why most places prefer big guys for bouncers.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I hope the Cowboys fans won
I saw one video where a Jet fan was throwing a combination of body shots. Completely ineffective and remarkably weak. Kid looked to be 150 pounds. I always think guys like that need to thank the Baby Jesus if they get away with that. There are some bad boys out there that can really scrap.

rags747

Reaction score
Same here. I worked as a bouncer on Fire Island in the 80s and I had to break up a ton of slap fights.

It was just slap, slap, freaking slap. I cant even remember how many men I had to beat off.
Did you have to wear short shorts at these establishments?!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have been concerned about security at AT&T since I last attended a Cowboys game there in Dec, 2018 vs Tampa Bay. At that game I was with my (at that time) 90 year old father-in-law who was a Korean War veteran in a wheel chair. I was surprised how few police and security officers were visible.

When the game was over there were dozens of clearly intoxicated fans being rowdy, pushing and generally being stupid. I didn’t see any fights but there was plenty of drunk people acting the fool around small kids including screaming “F bombs” and being aggressive by pushing and cutting in front of people trying to exit.

I‘m not a prude and don’t have a problem with folks drinking at sporting events but when some fans are clearly drunk, they need to stop being served. It’s sad that a small portion of a crowd doesn’t know how to behave in a public place but the rowdy drunks at ATT 3 years ago made me slow my roll on dropping big bucks on a Cowboys game. And I haven’t even mentioned the nightmare of parking and traffic.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I have been concerned about security at AT&T since I last attended a Cowboys game there in Dec, 2018 vs Tampa Bay. At that game I was with my (at that time) 90 year old father-in-law who was a Korean War veteran in a wheel chair. I was surprised how few police and security officers were visible.

When the game was over there were dozens of clearly intoxicated fans being rowdy, pushing and generally being stupid. I didn’t see any fights but there was plenty of drunk people acting the fool around small kids including screaming “F bombs” and being aggressive by pushing and cutting in front of people trying to exit.

I‘m not a prude and don’t have a problem with folks drinking at sporting events but when some fans are clearly drunk, they need to stop being served. It’s sad that a small portion of a crowd doesn’t know how to behave in a public place but the rowdy drunks at ATT 3 years ago made me slow my roll on dropping big bucks on a Cowboys game. And I haven’t even mentioned the nightmare of parking and traffic.
No one checks for knives...

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Yeah, I had to convince a few people they didn't wanna fight me. "Just leave the bar before you get hurt. Your pride isn't worth the pain." That's why most places prefer big guys for bouncers.

That's a fact.

Back in the day when eveyone was doing the Kung ** thing i had a buddy who was deep deep into it and he was flat out deadly. Small guy though about 5'10". He tried bouncing for awhile but couldn't keep a job, the reason being too many guys took him on, he simply wasn't a deterrent. He would end things and never lost but the bar owners don't want constant fights, bad for business. They want guys who intimidate with size and can keep the peace. He was something to watch though.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I really wish Texas would pass a law that gives people that fight at sporting events (at any level) a minimum of 1 year in prison or 6 months of exile to Amarillo...