Video: Break down of the 2 point conversion by Cris Carter and Mangini

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It was pass interference all the way on Witten. Once again, crooked officials refuse to throw the flag because it's the Cowboys. Had it been Brady, Rodgers, Wilson or some other league darling, several flags would have been thrown.

We all know it.

khiladi

Reaction score
What 4th and 2 was that? The only time I remember them going for it on 4th down they called a qb power run.

I should have said read option not RPO. That being said you could be right with the QB power run as opposed to read option.

JMPearson

Reaction score
So when their RPO got stuffed on the 4th and 2, was that a Garrett staple? Are all the red zone issues that go back with Dak, exclusively a return to Garrett calling plays?
It was not an too, it was a sweep left with Zeke being a lead block there's was no option to pass , that is what the P stands for in RPO

JMPearson

Reaction score
Dak is the QB in control of the play once they're lined up. Call a timeout or recognize in general you won't have time. That was a safe throw to Witten, he hesitated under pressure and still threw a bad pass. Stop with the excuses.
Stop , your not even making sense

Nav22

Reaction score
Might’ve been a poor call or poor recognition. Either way, Dak didn’t get it done on that play. It happens. Hit as he threw so the pass had no chance to be completed.

If he couldn’t get the ball out quicker (perhaps because he knew Witten wouldn’t have turned around in time), he could’ve maybe rolled out and buy an extra second.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Might’ve been a poor call or poor recognition. Either way, Dak didn’t get it done on that play. It happens. Hit as he threw so the pass had no chance to be completed.

If he couldn’t get the ball out quicker (perhaps because he knew Witten wouldn’t have turned around in time), he could’ve maybe rolled out and buy an extra second.

You obviously have no idea what play was called.

It was doomed from the get go - empty backfield, five curls against man coverage, zero blitz - and you're expecting Dak to make a miracle out of that?

Motion? RPO? Crossing routes? Nah, empty set, five dudes running curls against man. Brilliant call. :rolleyes:

Nav22

Reaction score
You obviously have no idea what play was called.

It was doomed from the get go - empty backfield, five curls against man coverage, zero blitz - and you're expecting Dak to make a miracle out of that?

Motion? RPO? Crossing routes? Nah, empty set, five dudes running curls against man. Brilliant call. :rolleyes:
I didn’t say anything about the call, now did I?

You’re wrong anyways. Even a bad call can work out well if the QB makes a play. Dak’s capable of that and has done so many times before. Scrambling away from pressure isn’t usually part of a playcall, it’s just something the QB does when he feels it’s necessary.

Bad call, bad execution, bad result. It happens.

CWR

Reaction score
Was no reason not to roll out a mobile QB on that play. Could have ran whatever routes you wanted to. But get him out of the pocket where he has been killed all day... Most important play of the game and you leave him there knowing they will bring heat...

Its true, the last few weeks is just more of the same old garbage. Same as it ever was. 3-0 and Kellen Moore look like a mirage at this point.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I know Moore called this play and will get the blame but this play has been staple of JG's offense. A play where all the receiver run a curl route to a same depth. 322 all curl.
One of the worst plays we've ran/run in JG era.

I don't know how that is even a play on a high school team. That's a coach saying "I got nuthin".

Last couple of years announcers have been calling this out for us. Either curls or sticks across the board. Equally useless.

And even more idiotic at the goal line, where they only have to defend 10 yards anyway, so there's no chance they play off.

For the cherry on top, Witten curled *to* his defender, not away.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Of course, Dak didn't have any time to look for another option since a blitzer came through completely untouched.

Taking Zeke out of the backfield was a great idea. I'm sure he runs the best curl routes on the team.

Clown team.

Zman5

Reaction score
Some Dak haters are blaming him for not audibling to a more favorable play or even motioning Zeke out of the backfield.

Let's say that is true but take a look at the video below (around 2:23). You can see JG and Moore near by looking right at the play as it develops . If Dak did make a mistake and it wasn't a favorable play that JG/Moore wanted to run, shouldn't the HC and/or OC call a timeout?

They are right there looking at the whole thing develop behind the LOS. You can even see Adams from that angle getting ready to blitz.

This is the most important moment in the game. If JG thought the play was not the play he wanted , he should have called a time out. We had two timeouts left at that point.

The fact that they didn't call a timeout leads me to believe the play Dak ran was the exact play JG and Moore wanted to run.

Last edited:

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Lmao!! :lmao2:

There was a guy draped all over him. Witten was the pure definition of being covered or not open. He was ready to knock any ball that came that way.

Written was also being held. Should have been pass interference. That DB was hanging all over him.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It was pass interference all the way on Witten. Once again, crooked officials refuse to throw the flag because it's the Cowboys. Had it been Brady, Rodgers, Wilson or some other league darling, several flags would have been thrown.

We all know it.

That's the kind of silliness I'd expect a 10 year old to say.

It was a stupid play call, especially against that defense in that situation. It was doomed from the start.

Asklesko

Reaction score
That play is unforgivable. Garrett should be gone just for that.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
giphy.gif

I approve