Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread

Lodeus

Reaction score
u8Hyf.gif

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
juck;4700933 said:
Hank cant do jack though considering WW paid for his treatment. I however think the AZ boys are gonna come after Walt n Jessie hence the M60 being bought in the opener. My guess is the cancer is back too.

I don't think that'll stop him.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
juck;4700933 said:
Hank cant do jack though considering WW paid for his treatment. I however think the AZ boys are gonna come after Walt n Jessie hence the M60 being bought in the opener. My guess is the cancer is back too.

I don't think Hank knows he paid for his treatment. It is good blackmail for Walt to use against him though.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
a_minimalist;4702548 said:
I don't think Hank knows he paid for his treatment. It is good blackmail for Walt to use against him though.

Walt can just offer to buy Hank all the special pretty rocks he wants. :p:

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4701074 said:
Well that doesn't sound like literal death, the poem that is. That's a really good point about the paintings though. So maybe he won't die. It really is a well thought out show though. The writers put out a fine piece of art.

Interesting point that it might not be a literal death but it could it could mean that Walt can't go back to the life he once lived. I think these remaining episodes will be about Walt's attempt to go back to his old life only to find that he is now too far into Heisenberg to ever go back. I think you see that in the foreshadowing scene of his 52nd birthday. In that scene he looks more like the old pre-cancer Walt, but it is also apparent that he is on his own, probably on the run, and with the knowledge that he is in great danger.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
a_minimalist;4702548 said:

I don't think Hank is the blackmailable type. This case is his Moby Dick, he's obsessed with brining it in. Destroying the family may be a hang up for him, but he will put it all together and Walt has done a lot of terrible things.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
TheCount;4702588 said:
I don't think Hank is the blackmailable type. This case is his Moby Dick, he's obsessed with brining it in. Destroying the family may be a hang up for him, but he will put it all together and Walt has done a lot of terrible things.

Oh but he might not have a choice. He accepted drug money to pay for his treatment. He is already a part of it. A lawyer would simply where did you think they were getting all of this money from? Then he can either say he was illegally gambling, or play stupid which no one would believe. I'm reading pretty far into that scenario though. I see that as a possibility though.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
ThreeandOut;4702553 said:
Interesting point that it might not be a literal death but it could it could mean that Walt can't go back to the life he once lived. I think these remaining episodes will be about Walt's attempt to go back to his old life only to find that he is now too far into Heisenberg to ever go back. I think you see that in the foreshadowing scene of his 52nd birthday. In that scene he looks more like the old pre-cancer Walt, but it is also apparent that he is on his own, probably on the run, and with the knowledge that he is in great danger.

I couldn't agree more. The second he decided to start shipping to the Czechs he got in too deep. There is no backing out of that. He went global and way too many people depend on him now.

Good point about him looking like the pre-cancer Walt in the first episode. Never thought of that.

EGTuna

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4702612 said:
Oh but he might not have a choice. He accepted drug money to pay for his treatment. He is already a part of it. A lawyer would simply where did you think they were getting all of this money from? Then he can either say he was illegally gambling, or play stupid which no one would believe. I'm reading pretty far into that scenario though. I see that as a possibility though.

Agreed. Hank's former boss was fired (or was it just demoted?) because he went to a barbeque at Fring's house (and still uses Fring's method for cooking fish). So Hank's association with his meth kingpin brother-in-law will not be looked at too kindly. Who benefitted from Fring's death more than Hank and Walt? Who paid for Hank's costly rehab? Who took in Walt's kids? etc, etc. I can see Hank being blind to this until Walt goes full on Heisenberg on Hank allowing Hank to see Walt's true self. It might go a little like this...

EXT. The White Family Pool. Hank has just gotten Walter to admit that he's Heisenberg through Hank's excellent subtle interrogation skills, and weak, obsequious Walt transforms in front of Hank into Heisenberg.

WALT: So you found your White Whale. Now what?

HANK: I'll put you away for the rest of your life; however long that may be.

WALT (full on Heisenberg): Oh really? Just WHAT do you think the DEA will say when they find out their recently promoted station chief is related to the greatest meth dealer in the history of the southwest? What conclusion do you think they'll come to? Do you REALLY think that they'll believe you didn't help me? That I didn't have help from the inSIDE? When they look at your financial records, which they will most assuredly do, will they not see tens of thousands of dollars I gave YOU for your rehab? At the very least it will raise enough eyebrows and cast enough doubt to not only end your career with the DEA, but to end your career with any real law enforcement agency. Your best case scenario assuming you can avoid jail, where I'm sure there are many criminals who would love to have a known DEA agent as a cellmate is to be a security gaurd at the Los Alamos strip mall making sure teenagers don't loiter after dark. Also, if you try to put me away, then you'll be putting away Scheyler too. Is that what you want? Maybe some of it trickles down to Marie. She knew the money for your rehab came from us. Last time I checked the D-E-A does NOT look to fondly upon large criminal conspiracies. So. Hank. Are you really that STUPID to you think you can turn me in, build a case and walk away a hero?

HANK: <speechlessly reacts like being punched in the gut after seeing for the very first time with his own eyes the power of Heisenberg>.

WALT: No. You're not that stupid. We can come to an arrangement.

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
EGTuna;4703211 said:
Agreed. Hank's former boss was fired (or was it just demoted?) because he went to a barbeque at Fring's house (and still uses Fring's method for cooking fish). So Hank's association with his meth kingpin brother-in-law will not be looked at too kindly. Who benefitted from Fring's death more than Hank and Walt? Who paid for Hank's costly rehab? Who took in Walt's kids? etc, etc. I can see Hank being blind to this until Walt goes full on Heisenberg on Hank allowing Hank to see Walt's true self. It might go a little like this...

EXT. The White Family Pool. Hank has just gotten Walter to admit that he's Heisenberg through Hank's excellent subtle interrogation skills, and weak, obsequious Walt transforms in front of Hank into Heisenberg.

WALT: So you found your White Whale. Now what?

HANK: I'll put you away for the rest of your life; however long that may be.

WALT (full on Heisenberg): Oh really? Just WHAT do you think the DEA will say when they find out their recently promoted station chief is related to the greatest meth dealer in the history of the southwest? What conclusion do you think they'll come to? Do you REALLY think that they'll believe you didn't help me? That I didn't have help from the inSIDE? When they look at your financial records, which they will most assuredly do, will they not see tens of thousands of dollars I gave YOU for your rehab? At the very least it will raise enough eyebrows and cast enough doubt to not only end your career with the DEA, but to end your career with any real law enforcement agency. Your best case scenario assuming you can avoid jail, where I'm sure there are many criminals who would love to have a known DEA agent as a cellmate is to be a security gaurd at the Los Alamos strip mall making sure teenagers don't loiter after dark. Also, if you try to put me away, then you'll be putting away Scheyler too. Is that what you want? Maybe some of it trickles down to Marie. She knew the money for your rehab came from us. Last time I checked the D-E-A does NOT look to fondly upon large criminal conspiracies. So. Hank. Are you really that STUPID to you think you can turn me in, build a case and walk away a hero?

HANK: <speechlessly reacts like being punched in the gut after seeing for the very first time with his own eyes the power of Heisenberg>.

WALT: No. You're not that stupid. We can come to an arrangement.

You forgot the part at the end where he tells Hank to tell him what his name is. :)

a_minimalist

Reaction score
I want to see Jesse come out on top of the whole thing. I love his character. I'm just not sure how it would be possible.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
a_minimalist;4703855 said:
I want to see Jesse come out on top of the whole thing. I love his character. I'm just not sure how it would be possible.

Jesse is an interesting parallel to Walter. As Walter spirals down, Jesse has been trying to improve himself. Through all of this, he actually might be a better person by the time it is finished.

Doubt it ends well for him though.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
junk;4703913 said:
Jesse is an interesting parallel to Walter. As Walter spirals down, Jesse has been trying to improve himself. Through all of this, he actually might be a better person by the time it is finished.

Doubt it ends well for him though.

It's the ying/yang... positions switched...