Breaking Eagles down by quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

drp07644

Benched
Reaction score
Quote:
He isn't fast for a safety and he misses arm tackles, Dawkins is fast and never misses tackles.

I don't know what Roy Williams you've been watching. Misses arm tackles? I have every Cowboy game on tape for the last two years.....I can say the number of tackles he's missed can be counted on one hand.

Let me tell you a story. Two years ago, we're playing the Rams at St. Louis. Marshall Faulk is thrown a middle screen on a play where Roy happens to be blitzing.....Roy has overrun the play and is BEHIND Faulk. Anyway, Faulk starts running forward, but Roy grabs out with ONE hand, and grabs Faulk by the back of his collar.

I remember thinking....."Faulk should easily break that"....but Roy, stops Faulk DEAD in his tracks, and flips him to the ground.......again, WITH ONE HAND.

Now, you may be basing your view of Roy off one or two games.....but as I said, I have every NFL game Roy has ever played on tape, and can count the number of tackles (tackles period) on one hand.

And forgive me.......but Dawkins has never missed a tackle?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, dawkins has missed the occasional tackle. now u say when has roy williams ever missed a tackle/arm tackle?? i got 2 for ya, and they were each in the eagles games this year. 1st was when buckhalter had that 21 yard TD toward the end of the game. he spun right off of roy williams. 2nd was when mcnabb threw a screen to westbrook, he ran ROY WILLIAMS OVER!!! u dont believe me, take this link.

http://www.eaglefan.net/media/video/

roy williams is not a god and he is not better then brian dawkins PERIOD.

in fact, roy fell on his *** on the buck run and got spun around and then fell on his *** on the westbrook run. yea, best safety in the league my ***. he is a very hard hitting higher then average FS. if he made smarter decisions in coverage sometimes, he'd be just as good as dawk, but he doesnt, and he isnt.

drp07644

Benched
Reaction score
and i am basing my opinions on what i have seen of him. i dont watch the cowboys games b/c i dont get them, nor would i if i did get them. and do u know what the word "flip" means? i dont think he "flipped" faulk with one hand dude. now dawkins literally suplexed some1 last year. it was vs the Commanders in the 2nd game. watch it while u view the eagles' domination of roy williams last year.

blindzebra

Reaction score
drp07644 said:
Quote:
He isn't fast for a safety and he misses arm tackles, Dawkins is fast and never misses tackles.

I don't know what Roy Williams you've been watching. Misses arm tackles? I have every Cowboy game on tape for the last two years.....I can say the number of tackles he's missed can be counted on one hand.

Let me tell you a story. Two years ago, we're playing the Rams at St. Louis. Marshall Faulk is thrown a middle screen on a play where Roy happens to be blitzing.....Roy has overrun the play and is BEHIND Faulk. Anyway, Faulk starts running forward, but Roy grabs out with ONE hand, and grabs Faulk by the back of his collar.

I remember thinking....."Faulk should easily break that"....but Roy, stops Faulk DEAD in his tracks, and flips him to the ground.......again, WITH ONE HAND.

Now, you may be basing your view of Roy off one or two games.....but as I said, I have every NFL game Roy has ever played on tape, and can count the number of tackles (tackles period) on one hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, dawkins has missed the occasional tackle. now u say when has roy williams ever missed a tackle/arm tackle?? i got 2 for ya, and they were each in the eagles games this year. 1st was when buckhalter had that 21 yard TD toward the end of the game. he spun right off of roy williams. 2nd was when mcnabb threw a screen to westbrook, he ran ROY WILLIAMS OVER!!! u dont believe me, take this link.

http://www.eaglefan.net/media/video/

roy williams is not a god and he is not better then brian dawkins PERIOD.

in fact, roy fell on his *** on the buck run and got spun around and then fell on his *** on the westbrook run. yea, best safety in the league my ***. he is a very hard hitting higher then average FS. if he made smarter decisions in coverage sometimes, he'd be just as good as dawk, but he doesnt, and he isnt.

I love when you are saying Roy missed a tackle on that Buckhalter play, the only tackle that was missed was the one by the Eagles O-lineman that TACKLED Williams and did not get the penalty.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
No........I don't.....as a matter of fact, if you go to the main board, I'll have a post ready on our defense.

DT wasn't a hole last year. Blade was a starting DT on the number one defense in the NFL.....so how is he a "hole"?

You have a point here.....but his production last year was DOUBLE what we got from Ekuban (as far as sacks are concerned). So actually, he's an upgrade.

Still a question mark, although he's an improvement over what we had.
Both of them are okay, but you defense wasn't the best in the league so there are holes. I didn't read your post on the other board because I try not to go into pure Cowboy topics because I seem to turn them into Eagle threads. No one on this board seems to like that.

You have a play where he made an arm tackle and I have a play that he missed a tackle. The Eagle games are what I go by (because they are the only ones I have on tape) and they are the ones where he missed tackles.

And no, I don't think Dawkins has missed a tackle. I can think of two times in his entire career where he messed up. He sliped in the NFC Championship game last year and got out jumped by Shockey in the endzone in the last game of the 2002 regular season (6'0": Dawkins; 6'5": Shockey).
What, can players not improve?

Not fast?

He ran a 4.53 at the combine.....in one try...with no sprint training. Sean Taylor ran the same time in Miami. He's supposed to be a fast safety.
Kearse ran a 4.43 in the 40, combine times arn't always accurate.

AJM1613

Reaction score
drp07644 said:
and i am basing my opinions on what i have seen of him. i dont watch the cowboys games b/c i dont get them, nor would i if i did get them. and do u know what the word "flip" means? i dont think he "flipped" faulk with one hand dude. now dawkins literally suplexed some1 last year. it was vs the Commanders in the 2nd game. watch it while u view the eagles' domination of roy williams last year.
That was an amazing play.

drp07644

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I love when you are saying Roy missed a tackle on that Buckhalter play, the only tackle that was missed was the one by the Eagles O-lineman that TACKLED Williams and did not get the penalty.

u r right, it did look like he got pushed on the buck run, but wut is ur excuse on the westbrook run? i wouldnt be surprised to hear u say mcnabb used the Force to push him to the ground. nething to make roy look like God.

blindzebra

Reaction score
drp07644 said:
u r right, it did look like he got pushed on the buck run, but wut is ur excuse on the westbrook run? i wouldnt be surprised to hear u say mcnabb used the Force to push him to the ground. nething to make roy look like God.

I'm not the one saying my safety has NEVER MISSED A TACKLE, now am I?

I'm the one that showed that Williams had better numbers in EVERY stat, but passes defensed.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I'm not the one saying my safety has NEVER MISSED A TACKLE, now am I?

I'm the one that showed that Williams had better numbers in EVERY stat, but passes defensed.
If you can bring up a missed tackle by Dawkins we will look at it and agree with you. Neither one of us can remember one.

BTW I also remember the game against Miami last year when Williams missed a tackle on Chambers, one of his TD catches.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
If you can bring up a missed tackle by Dawkins we will look at it and agree with you. Neither one of us can remember one.

BTW I also remember the game against Miami last year when Williams missed a tackle on Chambers, one of his TD catches.

Are we using multiple usernames now, or do you have some school friends over?

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Are we using multiple usernames now, or do you have some school friends over?
*** are you talking about? Just because there are two Eagle posters on this board?

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
*** are you talking about? Just because there are two Eagle posters on this board?

Just seemed strange that it's only you for 100+ posts, then all of the sudden two other NEW Eagles' fans show up and start picking up you arguements.

It is common practice for "trolls" to do this sort of thing.

Someone comes on another teams forum, gets their butt kicked, so they create a new username to help with their arguement.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Just seemed strange that it's only you for 100+ posts, then all of the sudden two other NEW Eagles' fans show up and start picking up you arguements.

It is common practice for "trolls" to do this sort of thing.

Someone comes on another teams forum, gets their butt kicked, so they create a new username to help with their arguement.
LOL, no those arn't me, but I assure you there will be more. Eagle fans are famous for their trolls.

I wouldn't need this too happen because I havn't been getting my butt kicked. We have a better team, a younger team, better FS, better SS, a top 5 QB (or at least top 7), more talent and a younger coach. There would be no reason.

drp07644

Benched
Reaction score
lol. i am my own person. eagle fans arent like cowboy fans. thats something a 'boys fan would do on our board. (or a Commander fan). no, we dont need help or backup. we are all our own person. we have the knowledge to take care of ourselves. oh yea, and every book has dawk as the best FS, if not S in the NFL. "covers like a corner and hits like a LB." roy can only hold claim to the 2nd one. he is young, but is not in dawks league yet.

Bizwah

Reaction score
drp07644 said:
lol. i am my own person. eagle fans arent like cowboy fans.

Thank goodness.............I would hate to be confused for an Eagle fan. But then again, I have two eyebrows and walk upright so no one would be confusing me for an Eagle fan.

thats something a 'boys fan would do on our board. (or a Commander fan). no, we dont need help or backup. we are all our own person.

"all our own PERSON"? Ha! I knew it! I knew all Eagle fans shared the same brain!

we have the knowledge to take care of ourselves.

Yeah, with that one brain, I'm sure you all can.

oh yea, and every book has dawk as the best FS, if not S in the NFL. "covers like a corner and hits like a LB." roy can only hold claim to the 2nd one. he is young, but is not in dawks league yet.

All kidding aside........I think most Cowboy fans will agree that Roy isn't quite in Dawkins' league......yet.

It isn't fair to Dawkins to say that. He's paid his dues....he's been an excellent safety for years. But Roy isn't far behind. He needs refinement, he needs to improve in areas, he needs experience, etc........

But, IMO, he'll get there.......then surpass Dawkins.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AJM1613 said:
LOL, no those arn't me, but I assure you there will be more. Eagle fans are famous for their trolls.

Well you may wish to tell your fellow eagles fans that are famous for being Trolls....that if they come here to troll, and get out of line, they will find out what it feels like to have a boot print on their troll backsides.

We do not need "TROLLS" on this board..especially famous eagles trolls.

I wouldn't need this too happen because I havn't been getting my butt kicked. We have a better team, a younger team, better FS, better SS, a top 5 QB (or at least top 7), more talent and a younger coach. There would be no reason.

Whether you feel you have better talent or not...does not equate to if you have got your butt kicked in debates or not.
You have not done bad IMO...you win some you lose some.

drp07644

Benched
Reaction score
lol the mods took away my avatar. it was so funny. so true as well. was some1 pissin on a cowboys helmet.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Are the Cubs with Football helmets.

Never won the big game. And their misery continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.