Twitter: Breer: Colombo Interviews For TE Coach Position

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Colombo? Like Detective Colombo? Thought the guy just wore a trench coat and chewed cigars! Man, we'll hire just about anyone :huh:
Colombo
columbohero_0.jpg

Columbo
upqxs-1480705982-71-show-940x370_columbo-600x235.jpg

Roland

Reaction score
Our past problems have been two-fold. 1) poor talent selection on the field via FA and draft and 2) poor selections for coaching positions. We revamped the entire def backfield (although some are claiming they are great, I am still not sure. Better that we had maybe, but they are still young). We have taken some steps to improve our d line and I believe we are getting there. Now its time to make some improvements on the coaching side. Not sold on KM as a QB coach, but then again I didn't think Wade was doing anything great either, so maybe change is good. It is hard to see how an OL can really help the TE position though.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Way I see Moore is like this. Can we name one thing Wade did to hep mold a QB? So Moore will be a slight upgrade at worst.

Donut

Reaction score
How was work today honey. It was fine mom - Witten does all the coaching I just act busy when Jethro comes around.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Our past problems have been two-fold. 1) poor talent selection on the field via FA and draft and 2) poor selections for coaching positions. We revamped the entire def backfield (although some are claiming they are great, I am still not sure. Better that we had maybe, but they are still young). We have taken some steps to improve our d line and I believe we are getting there. Now its time to make some improvements on the coaching side. Not sold on KM as a QB coach, but then again I didn't think Wade was doing anything great either, so maybe change is good. It is hard to see how an OL can really help the TE position though.
TE coach is considered a lower step towards becoming an OL coach.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An ex olineman for a tight ends coach? Man...I like Marc but this is risky. I don't see how Marc can help our tight ends with route running. Not seeing it. Now run blocking etc...I see that,but I would rather go get an actual proven coach.
The WR coach can coach the TEs on receiving.

Sydla

Reaction score
Any other former Cowboys players looking for a job? Maybe they can hire one as their new CFO?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Given how the Cowboys mainly only value throw-to-set-spot tight-end plays, I'm surprised we didn't have a former offensive lineman coaching there already. :rolleyes:
I agree. They can run routes and work on stalk blocks with the receivers. In line blocking is key to our offense.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OL are some of smartest players on the team........remember TE is just a much blocking as route running. Don't see much risk........good hire IMO.

I agree. And people need to remember that position coaches don't work in a vacuum such that every position practices and is coached completely independent of each other and they just throw them all together on game day and hope it works. The TE's working on routes and receiving with other receivers, and work on blocking with other linemen - it's a collective effort.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Way I see Moore is like this. Can we name one thing Wade did to hep mold a QB? So Moore will be a slight upgrade at worst.

Can any fan name one thing any QB does to help mold a QB? I don't think fans really have much of a clue what a QB coach does in this regard. All we really know is (1) Wilson was the QB for every full season Romo played, but was not the QB coach in Romo's first few years of development before he became a starter, and (2) over that time the Cowboys didn't really put a lot of resources into acquiring other QBs, and none of the backups ever made anything of themselves with another NFL. We can all interpret those things how we like, but ultimately we don't really know.

Rayman70

Reaction score
somebody on here like them some Wade Wilson. Never will understand that. Not a hater,just saying I think its good for Dak to get a fresh voice in his ear. Fresh ideas are a good thing. Wade may have gotten stale.