Twitter: Breer: Colombo Interviews For TE Coach Position

sdfidaho

Reaction score
In that case Colombo has 10 years inn the organization.

Moore is a debacle. It may take a few of you a few years to admit it, but it's happening. Dak is in a critical developmental stage of his career. This (naming Kellen Moore QB Coach) is a bad, bad move.

Can you share this weeks winning Powerball numbers too? I so am ready to retire.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
It’s like applying to be rico and the draft picks personal trainer, because there nothing Marc can teach witten.

Yeah I was thinking how easy a job that would be. "You ready to go Witt" ....."Yeah, man" .... "K, go out there rumble 6-8 yards down field and catch the ball"

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
An ex olineman for a tight ends coach?
It's really not that uncommon. The positions do a lot of cross-training. TE coaches usually have their own drills, pair up with the WR's for some drills, and then the O Line for other drills.

bark

Reaction score
Was hoping he would apply for the swing tackle position.
Doubtful he would give up 6 sacks to the same opponent even today

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Sure, the odds of Moore succeeding or failing is one in 292 million. Exact same thing.

I like the odds of him failing being one in 292 million. That's pretty damn good!
Oh, and when you send over those winning numbers, please only send to me. I really don't want to share the prize.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In that case Colombo has 10 years inn the organization.

Moore is a debacle. It may take a few of you a few years to admit it, but it's happening. Dak is in a critical developmental stage of his career. This (naming Kellen Moore QB Coach) is a bad, bad move.

I disagree completely with the prejudging. Yes, he is inexperienced as a coach, and that is a definite concern, but by all accounts he has a lot of the traits of an outstanding coach, and who's to say he can't work through the inexperience?

Another worthwhile point is that even though he has to but work through the inexperience, at least he has the advantage of being intimately familiar with the system and with the players and other coaches rather than having to start from scratch with all that.

People act as if the guy has no concept of what a coach does, and has no experience with the interaction between QB and coach and what is helpful and what is not. This isn't someone getting on a horse for the first time, it's getting on the horse from the opposite side - he knows the horse, he just has to get used to it from a somewhat different angle. If he can figure out how to deal with that he has a chance to be successful.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The WR coach can coach the TEs on receiving.

I guess some people think each position coach isolates his players and practices and coaches completely independent of the rest of the team. As you allude to, it's a collective effort. TE's work with other receivers in practice, and other coaches have input with all the receivers, including TE's.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
They interviewed Pete Metzelaars too. Not sure where that went. Colombo would be a little mystifying as a TE coach. Maybe he was a TE wannabe. O-line coach I can see eventually