Twitter: Breer: Colombo Interviews For TE Coach Position

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Columbo as TE coach......oooook, well I have heard of worse.......you know like an OL coach being promoted to DC......but 4 years removed that team is playing in the super bowl..........I guess they have a faster "process" than we do.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Columbo as TE coach......oooook, well I have heard of worse.......you know like an OL coach being promoted to DC......but 4 years removed that team is playing in the super bowl..........I guess they have a faster "process" than we do.
lol...you got that right. Jason Garretts "process" has to be measured in dog years.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Curly Lambeau was a player/head coach way, way back when. Dan Reeves was a player/coach for the Cowboys in the early 1970's.

Damn, you're right on Reeves! Curly was a little before my time I think. Is that who Lambeau field was named after. Good thing they didn't call it Curly Field. The frozen tundra of Curly just wouldn't sound right

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Colombo
columbohero_0.jpg

Columbo
upqxs-1480705982-71-show-940x370_columbo-600x235.jpg

Whew, thanks for the clarification. Had me goin there for a bit :omg:

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
An ex olineman for a tight ends coach? Man...I like Marc but this is risky. I don't see how Marc can help our tight ends with route running. Not seeing it. Now run blocking etc...I see that,but I would rather go get an actual proven coach.

Lots of assistants changes roles throughout their career. Josh McDaniels was a defensive assistant at one point.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Damn, you're right on Reeves! Curly was a little before my time I think. Is that who Lambeau field was named after. Good thing they didn't call it Curly Field. The frozen tundra of Curly just wouldn't sound right

Curly was before all our time. I remember Mo's brother Curly, but that was just through reruns.

And yes, that is who Lambeau Field is named after.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
At least Colombo has 4 years in the organization (2014 - personnel department, 2015-2017 assistant O Line coach), unlike the Kellen Moore debacle.

Colombo is also a tough s.o.b. that the players and other coaches respect. I would not hate this move.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I think the point is, he's been on the offensive side of the ball and probably pulled some stuff from the TE coaches over the years.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lots of assistants changes roles throughout their career. Josh McDaniels was a defensive assistant at one point.

It's really not as unusual as some may think for a coach to be over a position he didn't play himself, and realistically there is a lot of overlap between an O-Lineman and a TE anyway. I can't remember which team it is off the top of my head, but there is (or was) a team who's QB coach only played defense in college.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Sounds good. Sort of like moving Lett over to work with the corners

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Somebody save me

I'm beginning to long for Campo in the lunch pail

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least Colombo has 4 years in the organization (2014 - personnel department, 2015-2017 assistant O Line coach), unlike the Kellen Moore debacle.

Colombo is also a tough s.o.b. that the players and other coaches respect. I would not hate this move.

Kellen Moore actually has 3 years in the organization, just as a backup player rather than on staff. It's really not fair to call something a debacle in advance. Moore may do well.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Kellen Moore actually has 3 years in the organization, just as a backup player rather than on staff. It's really not fair to call something a debacle in advance. Moore may do well.
In that case Colombo has 10 years inn the organization.

Moore is a debacle. It may take a few of you a few years to admit it, but it's happening. Dak is in a critical developmental stage of his career. This (naming Kellen Moore QB Coach) is a bad, bad move.