Twitter: Breer: most rushing yards since 2016 (Zeke)

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Zeke pace fell off. He was easily a lock for 12000 yards two years ago based on pace. Now I’m not sure he’ll get 10000.

at least the Cowboys are getting the best version of him

Reactions: BAT

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
IMO, Henry and that Titans offensive line is and has been one of the most underrated units in the league. They'd all be wealthier men if they played on one of the higher profile teams.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Elliot has 85 att for 452 yds 5.32 avg and 90.4 per game avg 17 att per game avg
Pollard has 51 att for 325 yds 6.37 avg and 65 per game avg 10 att per game avg

The att per game and really the whole thing is distorted by the 1st game where they didnt run at all.

Dallas has 2 rb in top 11, Pollard is only rb with over 6 yd avg.

Looking at the stats, Pollard should be getting the 20 att per game and elliot the 10.
The reason that has not and wont happen is elliot is the highly paid rb and is also
daks buddy.
If they looked at it logically they should try 1 game with Pollard getting the 20 carries
and elliot the 10.

I dont want to take the time right now, but if you chop off that 1st game
the stats for both elliot and pollard would look really good lol.
I may do it as I am wondering what pollards avg is the last 4 games!
could be 7 or 8 per att.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
With the amount of usage Henry is getting he might pass Zeke and then Zeke might pass him back after Henry is used up and Zeke is able to continue to play because he had his career extended because of Pollard ...
pollard is likely gone. he’s going to get a well deserved bag

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Elliot has 85 att for 452 yds 5.32 avg and 90.4 per game avg 17 att per game avg
Pollard has 51 att for 325 yds 6.37 avg and 65 per game avg 10 att per game avg

The att per game and really the whole thing is distorted by the 1st game where they didnt run at all.

Dallas has 2 rb in top 11, Pollard is only rb with over 6 yd avg.

Looking at the stats, Pollard should be getting the 20 att per game and elliot the 10.
The reason that has not and wont happen is elliot is the highly paid rb and is also
daks buddy.
If they looked at it logically they should try 1 game with Pollard getting the 20 carries
and elliot the 10.

I dont want to take the time right now, but if you chop off that 1st game
the stats for both elliot and pollard would look really good lol.
I may do it as I am wondering what pollards avg is the last 4 games!
could be 7 or 8 per att.
This is pure carp.

Pollard has never been a starter in the NCAA or NFL.....now ask yourself... why. No manure the truth. Because the coaches and players LIKE the other guy better? The coaches start a worse player because of MONEY?

You're nuts. So enamored with YPC you can't see the bigger picture. Zeke is the more robust complete back. Pollard is a MOST excellent #2.....they work perfectly together.

Our two's have always had obscene numbers...until we make them #1.

Not saying Tony couldn't be #1. It's possible. But there's very little evidence he should take Zeke's job at this point. Any Dak fan wouldn't want that either.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Goodness, after Henry, it's not even close.........

ive been a Zeke fan since day one, never have i lost faith and defended 21 like hes my little brother around here..hes never disappeared or gone anywhere..

TEAM issues created that narrative and IDC what people say , zekes always been zeke, this isnt a resurgence just continuation of his career..

2019 KM changed the identity of this offense top pass happy and couldn't figure out how to call run game to save his life, the OL was in constant flux since 2016 and 2020 well we wont count that unless you are zeke haterboy..Zekes been zeke and i knew when Moore and the OL found itself , he would pick it back up..

never once did i lose faith in zeke..the hate was unwarranted, the concern unwarranted., and his salary get over it when dak can make 40, ac 20, tank 21 , umm zeke maybe underpaid lol

so hes a rb IDC 15mil for superstar player, whos meant a lot to this teams success , see playoffs=zeke top back in the league..

2016 top rusher playoffs
2018 top rusher playoffs
2021 TBD but stats dont like zekes playing well and utilized correctly =on the path to playoffs, no not a coincidence, FACTS

everyone say this is Daks team, id say 4-21 will be forever connected , its THEIR Team. they need to finish what they started in 2016 and may finally have the pieces and luck to get it done real soon.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Henry got off to a slow start, as he was splitting the load at first, and has been playing catchup. Since Elliott is splitting the load this year, there's a good chance that Henry catches him.
and what that somehow effects zekes career, it doesn't, thought-out history there are multiple stars at every position.

as much as this place wants to connect these two players they have ZERO to do with each other..

zeke missed 6 games in 2017 and he was on roll would have easily won the rushing crown that year.hes special and the NFL ahs far more then one special back..

Henrys caught up because his offense decided to make him to focal poit and gve him an OL that complimented his talents. take away 6 games from 2017, 2019 Moore underutilizing zeke and going pass happy, and zeke playing with a horrible team in 2020 are the only reasons Henrys on his heals..
other Rbs

chubb
cook
Henry
zeke
some young guys also are very good.

this isn't a competition in any way..zekes our guy the constant comps is just fan narratives..

enjoy the special career zekes had instead of trying to bring up other players to somehow diminish his career so far..

zekes underappreciated around here...

put him on our 90s teams and you would see how special he actually is..

all great backs need good ol and OC that committed to the run..

Last edited:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Good luck to him then. However you do realize that he's on his rookie contract for one more year? So he aint goin nowhere until 2023.

It's too bad Cowboys can't split DLaw's salary in between Schultz and TP.

Rather spend the money on those guys vs. Tank.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The load management with Zeke is how he should have been used the past 2-3 seasons. It’s a win-win; Zeke stays fresh, wear-and-tear is reduced, and he remains a productive back.

I’ve been saying for years now that I don’t want Zeke touching the ball (catching + receiving) 30+ times a game anymore.

He finally dedicated himself to conditioning himself this past off-season, which also is something myself and others have mentioned, and we’re seeing the difference.

Kudos to Zeke.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
lets cut him

signed
Every idiot on CZ

This list is silly.

Some of these guys weren’t even in the league in 2016 (Chubb started in 2018), while others started well before 2016 (Ingram, Gordon, Gurley).

So, to create of sum totals using 2016 as the starting point is misguided.

Reactions: BAT

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Henry got off to a slow start, as he was splitting the load at first, and has been playing catchup. Since Elliott is splitting the load this year, there's a good chance that Henry catches him.

You're not a real Cowboys fan.

slick325

Reaction score
Goodness, after Henry, it's not even close.........

And my guy has missed over half a season due to suspension, being held out intentionally from a meaningless game at season's end in 2016 and injury last season.

Zeke is a bad dude!!! If a team has a top 5 or top 10 pick, they must hit a homerun...Jerry Jones and his Cowboys did just that with this guy.

Last edited: