Twitter: Breer: most rushing yards since 2016 (Zeke)

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And Zeke has had so many issues with legal troubles, conditioning. Imagine if he stayed dedicated and clean. I think he's turning it around this year though. One good thing is that he's usually healthy but getting some good nicks too this year. Hopefully he's ok and continues to help this team win.
Clean? Did I miss a drug suspension or two?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Henry got off to a slow start, as he was splitting the load at first, and has been playing catchup. Since Elliott is splitting the load this year, there's a good chance that Henry catches him.
Or maybe Henry tears an ACL and he doesn't.....maybe....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Amen.. more years of Zeke beating on defenses .. watching DBs stay on the ground after they tackle him will be fun to watch. People who allow themselves to get bent out of shape over his salary and really any player's salary are just getting it wrong. Production is what matters.. the money will take care of itself.
I look at it this way as far as RBs go,

there are a select few that are worth that market money and or their draft status..Zeke is one of them, hes being paid for his entire service as a DC not just since 2018 , hes earned it Rbs have half the career most WRs and QBs do so they have one opportunity for a big payday..

look at his overall snap% in this offense hes playing the snaps of 2 rbs in the new age nfl..so that 15mil isnt large deal in the fact hes like 2 players and well if AC can get 20 and Dak 40 how is zekes worth to this team an issue at 15?

the narratives you dont pay rbs or draft rbs high is only true for the 95% of the backs at that are not elite..zekes elite..hes proved his worth from the day he stepped on the field in his first presaeson and ive always been a supporter..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Clean? Did I miss a drug suspension or two?
hes referring to zeke affinity to party with a bit of alcohol, the related reports, not illegal type, and the term Faded while playing the video games etc

i like how they blow that up like its uncommon to players in this era..they used that as knock on him like Lawrence Taylor or Mike Irvin didn't have a rep during their HOF careers lol

North dallas forty comes to mind..these rare humans and a rare type of human that sometimes needs to blow off steam :)

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
hes referring to zeke affinity to party with a bit of alcohol, the related reports, not illegal type, and the term Faded while playing the video games etc

i like how they blow that up like its uncommon to players in this era..they used that as knock on him like Lawrence Taylor or Mike Irvin didn't have a rep during their HOF careers lol

North dallas forty comes to mind..these rare humans and a rare type of human that sometimes needs to blow off steam :)
I blow off steam every day since I retired...Salud!

slick325

Reaction score
I have the utmost respect for Derek Henry's abilities. He was a monster in high school. A monster in college. And is a monster in the NFL. He definitely is gaining on Zeke but, I say again, Zeke has missed more than half of an NFL season worth of games mostly due to a suspension (6). Based on his yards per game average, the gap between the two would be Grand Canyon wide in terms of most rushing yards since 2016. That doesn't even include missing 2 games due to coaches decision.

Just putting things in perspective.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Or maybe Henry tears an ACL and he doesn't.....maybe....

That goes both ways. I'm just hoping that Elliott can stay as healthy as he has been and at least give us a couple more seasons like this one. With the wear and tear on backs, you never know when they are going to hit the wall. His running style is conducive to longevity, though, since he's not overly reliant on speed.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I have the utmost respect for Derek Henry's abilities. He was a monster in high school. A monster in college. And is a monster in the NFL. He definitely is gaining on Zeke but, I say again, Zeke has missed more than half of an NFL season worth of games mostly due to a suspension (6). Based on his yards per game average, the gap between the two would be Grand Canyon wide in terms of most rushing yards since 2016. That doesn't even include missing 2 games due to coaches decision.

Just putting things in perspective.

Henry has 1,328 career carries, but has had 679 the past two years. Elliott has had 1,498 career carries but 545 the last two years. If both backs averaged 4.5 YPC, it would take Henry 78 more carries than Elliott to catch him, which is highly possible at this rate. Last year, Henry had 378 carries and Elliott 244. The math says that he will catch him even if Elliott's YPC is a little higher.

But again, that's using total rushing yards as the measuring stick when it is strongly based on the number of carries. A stat like this is really only good for arbitrary bragging rights.

slick325

Reaction score
Henry has 1,328 career carries, but has had 679 the past two years. Elliott has had 1,498 career carries but 545 the last two years. If both backs averaged 4.5 YPC, it would take Henry 78 more carries than Elliott to catch him, which is highly possible at this rate. Last year, Henry had 378 carries and Elliott 244. The math says that he will catch him even if Elliott's YPC is a little higher.

But again, that's using total rushing yards as the measuring stick when it is strongly based on the number of carries. A stat like this is really only good for arbitrary bragging rights.

You're right, only good for arbitrary bragging rights. Good breakdown Gimme.

I still agree with @Risen Star, you're not a real Cowboys fan. LOL...I kid. I kid.

gimmesix

Reaction score
You're right, only good for arbitrary bragging rights. Good breakdown Gimme.

I still agree with @Risen Star, you're not a real Cowboys fan. LOL...I kid. I kid.

I apologize. Zeke is the greatest and no one will be able to match him or catch him. Yay, team!

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The stories of Zeke's decline have been greatly exaggerated. After winning the rushing title as a rookie, he gets screwed out of a second by the fake suspension, losing the title to Hunt by 344 yards, when he was suspended for 6 games, when he was averaging 100 yards per start. Comes back and wins a title in year 3 with 1434 yards and 4.7 YPC. In year 4 he has almost the same stats with 1357 yards at 4.5 YPC and 12 TDS. In year 5, with a patch work o-line and NO NFL Starting caliber QB for most of the season he is held under 1000 with 979 yards. LAST year is his only bad season by his amazing standards. People act like he has been a scrub for 3 years. Now he is running for a better YPC 5.3 than he did as a rookie. He's a stud. period. Give him the respect he deserves.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Although Pollard may prove to be one of those backups who shows that he can thrive in a starting role, different roles often play a part in success. Hambrick outgained Emmitt in YPC in a backup role, but sucked as a starter. I don't think Pollard would suck as a starter, but that YPC might drop quite a bit.
Well about hambrick, if he played when game was over that is different.
It would depend on when he was getting those carries.
I think pollard is a starting rb, who just has bad luck being behind elliot.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Well about hambrick, if he played when game was over that is different.
It would depend on when he was getting those carries.
I think pollard is a starting rb, who just has bad luck being behind elliot.

Maybe. It's a tough game and lot of backs can't take the beating of a full load.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Maybe. It's a tough game and lot of backs can't take the beating of a full load.

Even if they can take the physical beating a lot of guys just aren't talented enough to still be productive when the entire defensive game plan is to stop them. When the DC has spent the whole week talking about you.. What plays you like to run .. whether you run better left, right or middle. Whether you can take a hit.. Whether you will block on blitz pickup.. Whether you can catch the ball.. Every nook and cranny of your game gets dissected when you're "the guy." When you're the change of pace back or the backup they don't even know your name and you're an afterthought most weeks. Sorry if people don't like hearing that, but that's the reality. Now Pollard has done enough damage this year that he is probably getting more than the usual 5 minutes of discussion most backups get.. He might get 15-20 minutes..

Verdict

Reaction score
With the amount of usage Henry is getting he might pass Zeke and then Zeke might pass him back after Henry is used up and Zeke is able to continue to play because he had his career extended because of Pollard ...
Henry will eventually get injured. The more carries a player gets the greater the chance of injury.