Twitter: Breer: most rushing yards since 2016 (Zeke)

blueblood70

Reaction score
Elliot has 85 att for 452 yds 5.32 avg and 90.4 per game avg 17 att per game avg
Pollard has 51 att for 325 yds 6.37 avg and 65 per game avg 10 att per game avg

The att per game and really the whole thing is distorted by the 1st game where they didnt run at all.

Dallas has 2 rb in top 11, Pollard is only rb with over 6 yd avg.

Looking at the stats, Pollard should be getting the 20 att per game and elliot the 10.
The reason that has not and wont happen is elliot is the highly paid rb and is also
daks buddy.
If they looked at it logically they should try 1 game with Pollard getting the 20 carries
and elliot the 10.

I dont want to take the time right now, but if you chop off that 1st game
the stats for both elliot and pollard would look really good lol.
I may do it as I am wondering what pollards avg is the last 4 games!
could be 7 or 8 per att.
Nope not how that works Averages drop off with more carries , get that through your head.. Pollard also not asked to rin the same back breaking poundings plays that softens defenses that pollard d gets..both are playing well but in no way is pollard the best starting rb on our team..nope

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
and what that somehow effects zekes career, it doesn't, thought-out history there are multiple stars at every position.

as much as this place wants to connect these two players they have ZERO to do with each other..

zeke missed 6 games in 2017 and he was on roll would have easily won the rushing crown that year.hes special and the NFL ahs far more then one special back..

Henrys caught up because his offense decided to make him to focal poit and gve him an OL that complimented his talents. take away 6 games from 2017, 2019 Moore underutilizing zeke and going pass happy, and zeke playing with a horrible team in 2020 are the only reasons Henrys on his heals..
other Rbs

chubb
cook
Henry
zeke
some young guys also are very good.

this isn't a competition in any way..zekes our guy the constant comps is just fan narratives..

enjoy the special career zekes had instead of trying to bring up other players to somehow diminish his career so far..

zekes underappreciated around here...

put him on our 90s teams and you would see how special he actually is..

all great backs need good ol and OC that committed to the run..

It's a comparative thread. The whole point is to say that Elliott has more rushing yards than any of the rest, If we're going to do that comparison, then there's no reason to not acknowledge that Henry is fast catching up.

Some people are overly sensitive around here.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Elliot has 85 att for 452 yds 5.32 avg and 90.4 per game avg 17 att per game avg
Pollard has 51 att for 325 yds 6.37 avg and 65 per game avg 10 att per game avg

The att per game and really the whole thing is distorted by the 1st game where they didnt run at all.

Dallas has 2 rb in top 11, Pollard is only rb with over 6 yd avg.

Looking at the stats, Pollard should be getting the 20 att per game and elliot the 10.
The reason that has not and wont happen is elliot is the highly paid rb and is also
daks buddy.
If they looked at it logically they should try 1 game with Pollard getting the 20 carries
and elliot the 10.

I dont want to take the time right now, but if you chop off that 1st game
the stats for both elliot and pollard would look really good lol.
I may do it as I am wondering what pollards avg is the last 4 games!
could be 7 or 8 per att.

Although Pollard may prove to be one of those backups who shows that he can thrive in a starting role, different roles often play a part in success. Hambrick outgained Emmitt in YPC in a backup role, but sucked as a starter. I don't think Pollard would suck as a starter, but that YPC might drop quite a bit.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's a comparative thread. The whole point is to say that Elliott has more rushing yards than any of the rest, If we're going to do that comparison, then there's no reason to not acknowledge that Henry is fast catching up.

Some people are overly sensitive around here.
yes you

moving on theres no RB controversy here pollards number would certainly fall if he ran the same offense that Zeke is asked to run..the pays he runs are vital to the sets KM is calling for him..Pollards role is different for a reason,,

lets enjoy having the 2nd best 1=2 punch in the league..see chubb and hunt slightly better.

you want proof let pollard go and be the clear #1 somewhere with no real backup put it all on him like zekes done for 5years + here until this season hes finally got backup that doesnt have a lot of drop off when hes out for a breather..
we may never see that most teams split carries.

zeke been one of the only backs that pretty much carried 80% of the load not just carries the guys been on the files for more offensive snaps than any rb in the league since 2016 , he blocks, catches, and is decoy runner..he pretty much hardly left the filed until this year..zeke got 15mil because he was and really still is the most complete back in the ,league a true NFL RB...just does it all..lastly he missed one game due to injury his entire career! he worth every penny, hes like 2 players in one..

Pollards arrival and improvement this is good thing for zekes career and for us fans, the team, and i welcome it..

gimmesix

Reaction score
Nope not how that works Averages drop off with more carries , get that through your head.. Pollard also not asked to rin the same back breaking poundings plays that softens defenses that pollard d gets..both are playing well but in no way is pollard the best starting rb on our team..nope

I have been impressed some by Pollard's runs up the middle. I figured him for just a perimeter runner, but he's blasted through some between-the-tackles holes. I don't think he can truck DBs and LBs the way Elliott can, but he's more all-round that I thought him to be. I think as a starter, he could probably still be successful with an average of 4.5 or better, but I'm not sure how he would hold up. Durability is a key factor with a lead back. He's going to take a pounding (sometimes even from an end zone pylon) and has to keep going at a high level.

There are always some who think the grass is greener, but most of the time it doesn't turn out that way. (I guess they hang their hats on the exceptions.)

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have been impressed some by Pollard's runs up the middle. I figured him for just a perimeter runner, but he's blasted through some between-the-tackles holes. I don't think he can truck DBs and LBs the way Elliott can, but he's more all-round that I thought him to be. I think as a starter, he could probably still be successful with an average of 4.5 or better, but I'm not sure how he would hold up. Durability is a key factor with a lead back. He's going to take a pounding (sometimes even from an end zone pylon) and has to keep going at a high level.

There are always some who think the grass is greener, but most of the time it doesn't turn out that way. (I guess they hang their hats on the exceptions.)

I don't believe Pollard could ever handle a feature back role. He'd get less explosive and worn down. He's where he needs to be now.

gimmesix

Reaction score
yes you

moving on theres no RB controversy here pollards number would certainly fall if he ran the same offense that Zeke is asked to run..the pays he runs are vital to the sets KM is calling for him..Pollards role is different for a reason,,

lets enjoy having the 2nd best 1=2 punch in the league..see chubb and hunt slightly better.

you want proof let pollard go and be the clear #1 somewhere with no real backup put it all on him like zekes done for 5years + here until this season hes finally got backup that doesnt have a lot of drop off when hes out for a breather..
we may never see that most teams split carries.

zeke been one of the only backs that pretty much carried 80% of the load not just carries the guys been on the files for more offensive snaps than any rb in the league since 2016 , he blocks, catches, and is decoy runner..he pretty much hardly left the filed until this year..zeke got 15mil because he was and really still is the most complete back in the ,league a true NFL RB...just does it all..lastly he missed one game due to injury his entire career! he worth every penny, hes like 2 players in one..

Pollards arrival and improvement this is good thing for zekes career and for us fans, the team, and i welcome it..

I am enjoying the 1-2 punch. I think highly of Elliott as our lead running back. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with mentioning the reality that on that list that he's leading, Henry is fast catching up. The primary reason for that is that Henry is amassing the kind of carries that Elliott had earlier in his career. I prefer what we are doing now because it helps keep Elliott fresh. But not every team has a No. 2 back as good as Pollard. We're very fortunate.

I think the faultiness with lists like the one that started this thread is that it doesn't take into account the number of carries. It's just yardage based, so the most rushing yards leader is usually going to be the one with the most carries ... unless there's a pretty distinct difference in YPC.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
With the amount of usage Henry is getting he might pass Zeke and then Zeke might pass him back after Henry is used up and Zeke is able to continue to play because he had his career extended because of Pollard ...
I hope Zeke gets 18,354 yards as a Cowboy.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I don't believe Pollard could ever handle a feature back role. He'd get less explosive and worn down. He's where he needs to be now.

It will be interesting to see. I'm sure when his contract is up, he's going to be seeking a lead role somewhere.

I definitely think being the lead back will get into his legs and probably cause him to miss time with injury, but maybe he'll prove that wrong. He might at least have a couple of good years before the wheels fall off. Of course, if he stayed in this role, he'd likely to be able to have many more good years since he's not being relied on to consistently pound between the tackles.

blueblood70

Reaction score

hes not getting in the same situations man..jeez hes an improved player and now big part of the offense that doesnt make him better then zeke..60-40 has been working and its the correct ratio..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I am enjoying the 1-2 punch. I think highly of Elliott as our lead running back. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with mentioning the reality that on that list that he's leading, Henry is fast catching up. The primary reason for that is that Henry is amassing the kind of carries that Elliott had earlier in his career. I prefer what we are doing now because it helps keep Elliott fresh. But not every team has a No. 2 back as good as Pollard. We're very fortunate.

I think the faultiness with lists like the one that started this thread is that it doesn't take into account the number of carries. It's just yardage based, so the most rushing yards leader is usually going to be the one with the most carries ... unless there's a pretty distinct difference in YPC.
I dont care about HENRY..ugh catching what, a stat?

Henry was destined to do this hes also great back only back in history to have 2k yard seasons at HS, Collège, and the pros and seems like the old narrative hes drop off after that also busted ..great for him. Matters not to zeke nor our team.. the browns and ravens have it better , if Henry goes down hes their offense , their team. Chubb goes down no problem they can survive , Ravens lost 3 backs doesn't seem to matter they keep on going..this year we can finally say that if zeke is lost few games Pollard can handle it..

doesn't matter in the grand scheme hes not even in the NFC...

Barry sanders most likely better pure runner and could succeed anywhere then Emmitt

switch their situations and see how that goes, so it was never true comparison both payers had some of the best careers while playing together in the same era..I dont think ES has the same success with lions barry had..

gimmesix

Reaction score

I am curious to see how they handle Elliott's contract moving forward. He's locked up through next year, but then the team starts saving cap dollars if it cuts him. Since Pollard's contract is up in 2023, does Dallas choose to save money by cutting Elliott and re-signing Pollard for cheaper, then drafting a young back to split the load?

If Elliott plays like he has been this year, I believe we're more likely to restructure and kick the can down the road, but he would be going into his eighth year in 2023. That's a lot of wear and tear. Of course, we're likely increasing his longevity by having him split the load, so we might let Pollard move on and ride Elliott a little longer.

Right now, I'm just glad we've got the pairing for another year.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I dont care about HENRY..ugh catching what, a stat?

Henry was destined to do this hes also great back only back in history to have 2k yard seasons at HS, Collège, and the pros and seems like the old narrative hes drop off after that also busted ..great for him. Matters not to zeke nor our team.. the browns and ravens have it better , if Henry goes down hes their offense , their team. Chubb goes down no problem they can survive , Ravens lost 3 backs doesn't seem to matter they keep on going..this year we can finally say that if zeke is lost few games Pollard can handle it..

doesn't matter in the grand scheme hes not even in the NFC...

Barry sanders most likely better pure runner and could succeed anywhere then Emmitt

switch their situations and see how that goes, so it was never true comparison both payers had some of the best careers while playing together in the same era..I dont think ES has the same success with lions barry had..

Again, this thread was started with a stat. You may not care about Henry, but the whole premise of this thread was built on comparing the backs. Don't understand why that seems to bother you when that's what the thread was about.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Again, this thread was started with a stat. You may not care about Henry, but the whole premise of this thread was built on comparing the backs. Don't understand why that seems to bother you when that's what the thread was about.
actually not
it show's all the zeke downfall chatter, the trade talks, cut him talks were ALL premature, that is all that tweet stats was for. Because some fans need to be reminded hes still at the top..get over his 15mil IMHO was well worth it ..

i welcome Pollards because i get to see zeke a few more years..at the pace he was on he was being used up and spit out..

BTW if Pollard was not here and like Henry was the only runner im betting this season right now Zeke most likely leading the league in rushing,. Instead hes what 3rd? il take 3rd to keep him fresh..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
actually not 3
it show's all the zeke downfall chatter, the trade talks, cut him talks were ALL premature, that is all that tweet stats was for. Because some fans need to be reminded hes still at the top..get over his 15mil IMHO was well worth it ..

i welcome Pollards because i get to see zeke a few more years..at the pace he was on he was being used up and spit out..

Amen.. more years of Zeke beating on defenses .. watching DBs stay on the ground after they tackle him will be fun to watch. People who allow themselves to get bent out of shape over his salary and really any player's salary are just getting it wrong. Production is what matters.. the money will take care of itself.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will be interesting to see. I'm sure when his contract is up, he's going to be seeking a lead role somewhere.

I definitely think being the lead back will get into his legs and probably cause him to miss time with injury, but maybe he'll prove that wrong. He might at least have a couple of good years before the wheels fall off. Of course, if he stayed in this role, he'd likely to be able to have many more good years since he's not being relied on to consistently pound between the tackles.

I hate when you act like I could possibly be wrong.

gimmesix

Reaction score
actually not

BTW if Pollard was not here and like Henry was the only runner im betting this season right now Zeke most likely leading the league in rushing,. Instead hes what 3rd? il take 3rd to keep him fresh..

That's possible. Of course, it's hard to say. I'm satisfied with what we're getting instead. I do think keeping him fresher will help, especially since it's now a 17-game season. At Henry's rate, Tennessee might run him into the ground. Of course, he's also proven to be a pretty durable back. There's already some regression in his YPC compared to the previous two years, but it's hard to know if that's a one-time thing or the beginning of the end.