Twitter: Brent Urban and Maurice Canady heading to IR

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
True. But urban was solid depth at DT. With only Watkins, Osa and Big Bo the depth is thin. Hopefully it means Hill is ready or Gallimore will be back next week.

This not an advantage, we need all the DTs on the roster.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hill's a whipping boy for good reason. Taylor Rapp was on the board and he's a stud at safety for the Rams.

Hmmm….these stats don’t seem like a stud to me.
If he was on our team, I bet fans would blast him, even though he looks to have been better than what we have had.
But does not seem like a stud to me with those stats. Not for what our fans want.

Not sure why his games played has declined in 2020, maybe injuries, but that means injury prone like Hill is fans want to apply the same logic.
But he has started all games this year. 2 picks, off of Daniel Jones.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RappTa00.htm

T-RO

Reaction score
Prior to Hill's injury last year, he was one of our better defensive linemen, he looked like he turned a corner

Not really. He's had zero sacks, zero forced fumbles. 10 tackles in his entire career.

His 2020 PFF score was 33.8. Don't know I've ever seen a player with such a low score.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Urban is questionable, but Canaday is certainly a cut candidate with KJ returning. Unfortunate Urban is missing the game because Mr. Dalvin is coming to town, and DAL needs ever run stopper on the field. Now, I look for the Cowboys to get gashed in the run game.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Really?
A week or so ago the team was saying how they felt Hill and Gallimore would have been the starting DT’s
I felt the same way going into TC before Hill was placed on PUP.

Too bad Hill has been a forum appointed whipping boy, based on the usual crap on here.
As he was playing well last year before his injury.

He was graded among the worst DL pre injury. Though, maybe he could offer something in this defense.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
so there is two of ur roster spots

Yep. Expendable and helps with the decisions as we get into crunch space.

Based on Sounds of the Games, I did like Urban. Always seemed to be high energy and have a soundbite added.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Did he? He still looked clueless out there to me. And I can't find any stats to suggest otherwise.

He had some moments, which was more than he showed the previous year. To say he played well, though, is to overstate it. He lacked consistency, still got stood up and turned against the run game and didn't get much pressure. It was a major step up when Gallimore took over ... and he was inconsistent as well, just flashed more.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Urban has a triceps injury that will not require surgery, Todd Archer of ESPN reports. Canady has a concussion.

Hmmm.

:rolleyes:

gimmesix

Reaction score
Urban has a triceps injury that will not require surgery, Todd Archer of ESPN reports. Canady has a concussion.

Hmmm.

:rolleyes:

Frankly, if it's like a one-week injury, I'd rather have kept him on the roster than made room for Hill (if that's what we're doing). Urban isn't great, but he's a good run defender. Trysten is not.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Frankly, if it's like a one-week injury, I'd rather have kept him on the roster than made room for Hill (if that's what we're doing). Urban isn't great, but he's a good run defender. Trysten is not.

I agree. If it’s an Urban-for-Hill ‘swap’, our run defense just got significantly worse.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I agree. If it’s an Urban-for-Hill ‘swap’, our run defense just got significantly worse.

Hopefully, if it is, Hill has really made some progress, but I don't know how since he missed the entire preseason. He's had time to learn the defense, just not the hands-on training that he appears to need if he's ever going to be consistently successful. Don't know right now if he's even a better option for playing time than our late-round rookie, Bohanna.

Would love to see Urban going on IR mean that we're trading for a monster in the middle, but I seriously doubt that.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Hill is more talented than Bohanna, imo.
But that's if we see the 2019 pre-injury Hill again.

maybe you guys were not impressed in any sense with Hill before he suffered the ACL injury, but he was beginning to
show some flashes and signs of being able to get off blocks and into the backfield.
But that was before the ACL and the slow recovery has stunted his growth and development.

Bohanna has quick feet and mobility for one that's supposedly 320+ lbs. but he's going thru the motions
as a rookie. And i've not seen him factor as either run stuffer or pocket pass rusher pusher.
I really am interested to see what Quinn and our DL Coach can do with Hill. I think in a limited, rotational role he could add a spark to our pass rush.