Twitter: Brent Urban and Maurice Canady heading to IR

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Do you follow all of the 'other teams' enough to know?

Yes I keep up with what is going on in the NFL and other teams. Taking a player even with minor injury and placing him on the IR with the intent of bring back a player from the IR is done league wide. Jerry did not invent this concept

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DT Faoliu might be an option over Hamilton.

Maybe but more likely it will be Hamilton who was brought up earlier in the season from PS. Being a vet player gives him a big edge, coaches know what to expect from Hamilton. Then again how players practice during the week can change a coaches mind. Right now I would say the odds on favorite would be Hamilton

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes I keep up with what is going on in the NFL and other teams. Taking a player even with minor injury and placing him on the IR with the intent of bring back a player from the IR is done league wide. Jerry did not invent this concept

I never claimed that Jerry invented anything. Why so defensive?

But it’s far from a mere coincidence that just when the Cowboys need to free up roster space, guys are suddenly coming up injured.

I can see what they’re doing. And if I can, so can the league.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

But it’s far from a mere coincidence that just when the Cowboys need to free up roster space, guys are suddenly coming up injured.

New England is notorious for this. It's a common thing.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Not trying to be defensive. Fact is there is no rule against what Dallas and others are doing. With placing Urban on IR he is out for 3 weeks per NFL rules. This is nothing that the NFL does not know takes place. You are acting like the Cowboys are violating NFL rules, they are not.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not trying to be defensive. Fact is there is no rule against what Dallas and others are doing. With placing Urban on IR he is out for 3 weeks per NFL rules. This is nothing that the NFL does not know takes place. You are acting like the Cowboys are violating NFL rules, they are not.

I’m not acting like anything. I just know gamesmanship when I see it, whether it’s my favorite team or not.

Are you telling me that these two guys going on IR right now is pure coincidence?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I’m not acting like anything. I just know gamesmanship when I see it, whether it’s my favorite team or not.

Are you telling me that these two guys going on IR right now is pure coincidence?

No but again there is no rule being violated and other teams do this as well. You seem to have a problem with it but it is how the NFL teams operate. With it comes a down side the player once on IR is out for 3 weeks. So if you make a move like this you better be sure you can handle being without that players services for a minimum of 3 weeks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No but again there is no rule being violated and other teams do this as well. You seem to have a problem with it but it is how the NFL teams operate. With it comes a down side the player once on IR is out for 3 weeks. So if you make a move like this you better be sure you can handle being without that players services for a minimum of 3 weeks.

I don’t ‘have a problem’ with it per se, I just know shenanigans when I see it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don’t ‘have a problem’ with it per se, I just know shenanigans when I see it.

and this is done by every team out there, it is business as usual. It is not under handed and it violates no rules. It also comes with some downside as well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and this is done by every team out there, it is business as usual. It is not under handed and it violates no rules. It also comes with some downside as well.

It may not violate any rules but it’s certainly underhanded, and blatant. ‘Every team does it’ doesn’t change that fact.