Brian Baldinger: BaldysBreakdowns Mazi Smith: Raiders

rambo2

Reaction score
Those were 3rd stringers he played against.
He also played against 1st stringers in the 1st two games.

I also noticed Schoonmaker running over people into the endzone. That foot of his looks to be healthy. I also noticed that we have 2 rookie olinemen that look good. Maybe it wasn't a bad idea to take Schoonmaker and those 2 olinemen.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Would you like everyone to just call him a bust? Would that be better?
I would rather posters understand that they are looking at a guy playing against 3rd stringers.

Im sure some of these guys dont even know who the starters are on the Raiders and didnt know who was playing. Heck some probably just watched this video and didnt even watch the game.

If you dont like realistic football talk, thats not my problem.

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
I would rather posters understand that they are looking at a guy playing against 3rd stringers.

Im sure some of these guys dont even know who the starters are on the Raiders and didnt know who was playing. Heck some probably just watched this video and didnt even watch the game.

You weren't realistic about Schoonmaker.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Guess he’s gotta start somewhere. Really trying to be positive on him…lol
He definitely looked better on a few plays. But again, 3rd stringers. The fact that they have Mazi out there at all is a bad sign. To me it means they dont see him contributing much in the begining and getting reps is more important then the risk of injury.

ghst187

Reaction score
He definitely looked better on a few plays. But again, 3rd stringers. The fact that they have Mazi out there at all is a bad sign. To me it means they dont see him contributing much in the begining and getting reps is more important then the risk of injury.
Yep agree. Fault is for being impatient but we just tend to expect contributions immediately from a first round pick.
And then to hear people say it’s a 2-3 year process then why not just get a FA

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep agree. Fault is for being impatient but we just tend to expect contributions immediately from a first round pick.
And then to hear people say it’s a 2-3 year process then why not just get a FA
I fully admit I thought he would contribute right away. Disappointed to see he wont. To me if you have special talent, it shows up right away no matter position you play. Mazi is just really really raw. Thats pretty clear at this point.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

So he played well against 3rd stringers. Again, what are you getting at? Is it irrelevant?

rambo2

Reaction score
I fully admit I thought he would contribute right away. Disappointed to see he wont. To me if you have special talent, it shows up right away no matter position you play. Mazi is just really really raw. Thats pretty clear at this point.
He certainly will contribute.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So he played well against 3rd stringers. Again, what are you getting at? Is it irrelevant?
Pretty close to irrelevant. It would be more relevant if he was getting pushed around all game. So when there are guys on here getting overjoyed and saying how good he is going to be, I feel a responsibility to remind them its only 3rd stringers.

Or would rather they get the wrong impression?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Pretty close to irrelevant. It would be more relevant if he was getting pushed around all game. So when there are guys on here getting overjoyed and saying how good he is going to be, I feel a responsibility to remind them its only 3rd stringers.

Or would rather they get the wrong impression?
I see

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I'll never understand why people around here are so impatient when it comes to rookies in their FIRST year lol.
This here.

Their not even giving it a full year....they rendered judgement after just 2 preseason games. It's incredible how impatient fans are these day...screw the 3 year rule...it you aren't dominating your 1st preseason game, you are a bust.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
What motor? The one where he is slow off the line? Need to fine tune that motor.
If you don't understand his assignment or his role just say that:lmao:. In college he was asked to read then react, I'm sure he'll make whatever adjustments he needs to make.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I find it amusing that they complain so harshly about the Schoonmaker pick. Claiming that they screwed up not taking the guard. Then watch camp develop and you can see that Schoonmaker actually looks good and they have 2 rookie olinemen that look good in Richards and Bas.
Inter-tell the truth it’s a big relief. I did have hopes for Richards and he showed up