Video: Brian Baldinger on Parsons

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Then you got this one wrong. Parsons is plug and play. NFL ready.
Mark my words....he's gonna hit a wall around week 9...because he isn't in very good shape. He's just getting by on natural ability right now. Imagine if he were to get into a gym and actually work on some cardio?

cowboyec

Reaction score
love baldy.
excellent analysis.
micah parsons is gonna be a game changer for a long,long time.

Techsass

Reaction score
We lack talent where?
How many of our starters from last season would automatically earn the starter position on every other team over who already has it?

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Did you see snake oil and a scrub in those plays? You already doubled-down. Go ahead and say what we all know you want to say. You have an agenda to push.
You are the one with the agenda always saying I called him snake oil when I did no such thing. Parsons did his job. That's a compliment and if it's not good enough for you Parsons butt kissers then it's too damn bad.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not even talking about that play. He took on two double-teams and still made the play. Ask yourself if our other LBs do that. Jaylon gets washed out and Vander Esch is using his speed to try to run around that.

It's obviously too early to say he's going to be special, but, at the very least, he looks solid, especially when you compare to some of our recent defensive draft picks. We're not sitting around making excuses like "he needs a year in the weight room because he's getting blown off he ball (Tristen Hill)".
You want to kiss Parsons' butt so bad so just go ahead and do it. He is a serviceable LB. He's not better than LVE and he may not even be better than Jaylon.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think he was more impressed with Parsons by not playing in 18 months. Then he "just did his job" very well. And lining up in different positions. He was not lost as some would have been. For 18 months off, and doing what he did, is pretty good for learning a new defense. PS game or not.
Great coaching by DQ showed in Parsons' performance. Parsons was serviceable.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Thats more than we can say about anyone on this defense in a long time

+1. He played fast. The run fits looked right. He's rookie, but didn't look like a rookie.

He has foot speed and recovery speed. I can't wait to see him in preseason game #3 when the big dogs come out to sharpen up their game for the regular season.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
You want to kiss Parsons' butt so bad so just go ahead and do it. He is a serviceable LB. He's not better than LVE and he may not even be better than Jaylon.

I don't think we want to open up the anointing oil, but I do believe that he shouldn't be denigrated either.

He did a very good job as a rookie, and if there is one thing that shows in the video his physical talents are present.

That reaffirms the initial grades given to him in the draft, and shows promise that he will be a good return on investment for the draft position.

He still has a lot to prove, but what he has shown so far is not chopped liver by any means.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How many of our starters from last season would automatically earn the starter position on every other team over who already has it?
LOL, did you notice how many veterans didn't even make the trip? Parsons didn't "automatically earn a starting position". He is still trying to make the team and the coaches needed to see him in action. As the #1 draft pick, he's probably on the roster but he's no sure-fire starter by any means. There are still more preseason games left for him to prove himself. No doubt, he can do it. He's young and full of energy and talent but tap the breaks on the idea of him being an "automatic starter" once the regular season gets started.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think we want to open up the anointing oil, but I do believe that he shouldn't be denigrated either.

He did a very good job as a rookie, and if there is one thing that shows in the video his physical talents are present.

That reaffirms the initial grades given to him in the draft, and shows promise that he will be a good return on investment for the draft position.

He still has a lot to prove, but what he has shown so far is not chopped liver by any means.
:huh: Denigrated? I said he did his job.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
That’s funny. LVE is barely serviceable and is made of glass. And there are no words for Smith. Parsons is already the best LB on the team. And everyone knows it. It really isn’t close.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That’s funny. LVE is barely serviceable and is made of glass. And there are no words for Smith. Parsons is already the best LB on the team. And everyone knows it. It really isn’t close.
Spoken like a true Parsons butt kisser. Overcomplimentary to a rookie that has still done nothing. :rolleyes:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Will be a starter soon enough. Who’s spot will he be taking. Jaylon.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Spoken like a true Parsons butt kisser. Overcomplimentary to a rookie that has still done nothing. :rolleyes:
When you draft a player that you think is the best in the draft, I’m setting expectations. I think he’s going to be one of the best in the business. Nothing about his talent says otherwise.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Looks like what? He did nothing extraordinary. A ball fell right in front of him and he fell on it. Big deal!:rolleyes:
You could see the star in his helmet when he fell on the ball. Pirdy cool huh

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Mark my words....he's gonna hit a wall around week 9...because he isn't in very good shape. He's just getting by on natural ability right now. Imagine if he were to get into a gym and actually work on some cardio?
Cardio is part of his daily routine and people that are built like him do not get that way by being out of shape

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
When you draft a player that you think is the best in the draft, I’m setting expectations. I think he’s going to be one of the best in the business. Nothing about his talent says otherwise.
Screw expectations. Judge him by his performance on the field, not hype. He fell on a ball that was right in front of him. Big deal! :rolleyes: