Brian Broaddus - NFL Scout: Cowboys Safeties are the problem not the Corners

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
This is Our Year;2442115 said:
I love Jenkins, but Kenny Phillips looks like he is going to be a heck of a player for the Giants.

yeah, that one int and 4 passes defensed is just awe inspiring

good starting CB >>> average safety any day

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
it was clearly evident last week,our safeties looked slow and out of position

just haven't drafted the position much in years past, and when we have it has not produced the best results

shame alot of money spent out at the position

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;2442604 said:
While I disagree 100% on our best SS being on IR (Roy Williams is done) , I agree 100% on not moving Henry to any safety position . Henry isn't a safety and won't be with the exception of maybe nickle or dime situations . Personally I wouldn't change much . Start Newman and Pac-Man (yeah right) next season with Scandrick playing nickle . If Pac isn't here , start Newman and Jenkins with Scandrick playing nickle . I keep Henry around no matter what . He'll be a good backup CB or situational S . Keep Hamlin where he is and sign a free-agent/draft a SS .

The only position that Henry should be moved to is the free agent position.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2443374 said:
The only position that Henry should be moved to is the free agent position.

It appears he is trade bait. I'm not certain I want him to be a safety but then he's probably not worse than what we have and he is likely better at covering. But I think this is his last year here.

Daudr

Reaction score
Ozzu;2442002 said:
I think most of us know this. Lately, it's been better, but we still don't have a true FS back there and haven't for years. I've said in the past that we need a true FS and to move Hamlin to SS. However, after watching Hamlin wiff on quite a few tackles since he's been here, I'm not so sure on that.

He just makes dumb mistakes way too often. It's either a bad angle, a bad attempt at a tackle, or screwing up in coverage.

This is the real problem. Since Darren Woodson retired we have not had a real Free Safety. If we can get a real Free Safety we are in good shape. Letting Roy roam like the old days would be awesome.

JPM

Reaction score
dbair1967;2443349 said:
yeah, that one int and 4 passes defensed is just awe inspiring

good starting CB >>> average safety any day
The grass is always greener DB.