Signed by Cowboys Brice Butler re-signs with the Cowboys

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good solid signing. Yet to be determined if for #2 or not, but he should get the opportunity to show he can be a #2 WR. Rather we draft a WR or sign somone else. And who knows, TWill may still be resigned after testing the FA market.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good solid signing. Yet to be determined if for #2 or not, but he should get the opportunity to show he can be a #2 WR. Rather we draft a WR or sign somone else. And who knows, TWill may still be resigned after testing the FA market.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
The TD catches against Detroit and Green Bay were nice plays. He's shown flashes. I just don't expect consistency to ever be his forte

noletime95

Reaction score
I don't get all the negative comments. He knows the system, has some chemistry with Dak and stretches the field. I don't want him as a #2, but as a #4 that's a good signing.....now we wait for the numbers which will be very telling.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am still mystified they made him such a big part of the gameplan in the playoffs against Green Bay.

And of course, he came up incredibly small.

You dare question Linehan?!?!?!?
:angry:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm fine with him being re-signed, as long as he's not expected to be our #2 WR.

Dez is #1, Witten is #2, Beasley is #3, and Zeke should be #4. The outside receiver opposite Dez is more like the #5 receiving option in our offense. I dont see that changing until Witten retires.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get all the negative comments. He knows the system, has some chemistry with Dak and stretches the field. I don't want him as a #2, but as a #4 that's a good signing.....now we wait for the numbers which will be very telling.

I don't like him because of the key drops, fwtw. Physically, he's got what you want.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Dude is a good role player. Has a couple flash plays but he never is higher than the #3 option behind Dez, Cole and 82.
Stand pat and add a mid round WR to take his spot next year.
Now, go get McCown, a CB and possibly a S and focus on the draft.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If it means they're not paying those crazy numbers of $6-$8 million to Terrance Williams? Great. :bow:

But if they're giving Butler anything resembling good money -$2 million - then :thumbdown:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Couldn't lose 3 WRs in one year...... now we can draft a WR in any round and maybe replace Lucky with a real vet WR like TSmith or CPatterson

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Dude is terrible with the ball in the air, and he has no sense of where he is in space.

But he's fast.

He made several sideline grabs last season, a couple tiptoes in the endzone. As others have said, he isn't a bad signing if we're looking at him as our 3rd or 4th option. His sense of where he is in space is arguably his best asset (compared to his hands, for instance).

Not a bad signing, almost needed to be done. I'd rather spend "the big bucks" elsewhere. God willing we do.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Dez is #1, Witten is #2, Beasley is #3, and Zeke should be #4. The outside receiver opposite Dez is more like the #5 receiving option in our offense. I dont see that changing until Witten retires.
I mean the #2 spot, which if he is opposite Dez, he would be.

RS12

Reaction score
Didnt care if he stayed or went, but if he stayed, it needed to be cheap.