Signed by Cowboys Brice Butler re-signs with the Cowboys

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Fits the plan. Signing your own free agent doesn't hurt next years comp picks. Hopefully Andy Jones makes a big improvement and they get a speedy WR in the draft. That will sure up the position. They may even draft two.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Honestly, some people here are down on him, I think opposite Dez he can have a good year. He made some big catches for us this season.

And he choked in the playoffs. Then again, he is young.
Does anyone know how fast he is?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I am still mystified they made him such a big part of the gameplan in the playoffs against Green Bay.

And of course, he came up incredibly small.

Think a lot of that was Dak finding him open, vs a gameplan to featue Butler. Dak went to him quite a bit in the reg season, and GB's CBs were trash and he was open.

Unfortunately, your second line is true, Alexander, and he didn't play well at all.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Fits the plan. Signing your own free agent doesn't hurt next years comp picks. Hopefully Andy Jones makes a big improvement and they get a speedy WR in the draft. That will sure up the position. They may even draft two.
this is the draft for that

KD Cannon, Fred Ross, that kid from Syracuse could all be had late

I might also take a chance on Mike Floyd now.... he will suspended but that is SOP around here

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
People crying over our number 2 wr (whoever it turns out to be) who is the number 4 or 5 option in the passing attack are hilarious.

Even more comical is they are the same people who cry when we don't give Zeke 35 carries.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
People crying over our number 2 wr (whoever it turns out to be) who is the number 4 or 5 option in the passing attack are hilarious.

Even more comical is they are the same people who cry when we don't give Zeke 35 carries.

Right. We are talking about the option after Dez, Zeke, Witten, Beasley........essentially the 5th option and people are moaning over........5th option at BEST.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I don't like him because of the key drops, fwtw. Physically, he's got what you want.
I'll agree with you here. I'll also say through as a former athlete it could be frustrating just having a few opportunities. Sometimes you press. None of us know if we're done at the wr position in free agency and draft.... But I'm m hoping if Butler's role does increase so too will his consistency. It's not uncommon.

Sydla

Reaction score
Right. We are talking about the option after Dez, Zeke, Witten, Beasley........essentially the 5th option and people are moaning over........5th option at BEST.

This is rationalizing at its finest. I like Butler and wanted him resigned. But he shouldn't be the solution to upgrading the WR spot. If Britt were cheap, I'd still look at him and/or then look for a WR in the draft.

SDCowboy

Reaction score

At some point, it would be nice for our #2 WR to also maybe be a #2 option.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
This is rationalizing at its finest. I like Butler and wanted him resigned. But he shouldn't be the solution to upgrading the WR spot. If Britt were cheap, I'd still look at him and/or then look for a WR in the draft.
Britt won't be cheap

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Given that Dak had 57 rushing attempts, you could say Williams was the sixth option. That might be what Butler is this season. If we don't draft someone better or this Andy Jones doesn't have something to him.