News: Brice Butler to Dallas

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Sounds like a guy to replace Street not so much Dez....

yeah they got a look at street in this last game, and now pick up this guy, who might be ok here, I just wonder how soon can he be
ready to play ?

Plankton

Reaction score
I had Martin at the top of my OG list in an "OG Review" that I did back then.

I did argue against Martin as an OT.

I did suggest that they could get 4 mid round OL for the cost of 1 mid first round pick. The players I suggested at that point were not Yankee or Filo.

I think I did make one off hand comment in terms of "might as well draft Filo in the 2nd" because early on I was not gung ho to draft a Guard mid first.

In any actual rankings or reviews that I put out, I had Martin as the top Guard.

By draft time Filo and Yankey were low on my list. I really wanted Trai Turner in the 3rd round and Aaron Donald in the 1st.

I think the Cowboys were planning to get something other than a Guard in the 1st and really wanted Trai Turner in that situation. They still tried to get Turner even after drafting Martin.

I think the 4 mid round OL I said they could get for the equivalent of 1 mid first were Turner, Turner, Thomas and maybe Dozier.

I think 2 of them are now starters and Trai Turner also started some games last season.

In looking back at my OG review I said Zack Martin was technically as good ad it gets and might be the most NFL ready player in the draft.

You were all over the map. It's called covering your bases, I suppose.

So, did you not say that Martin was overrated and that Yankey and S'ua-Filo had higher upside? Is that what you're saying?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know you like to paint yourself as some antihero crusader on here, but you are talking complete crap to pat yourself on the back. My first post was about how I don't know if either player will pan out, so saying it's a definite good thing is you just making things up.

I'm sorry your parents didn't hug you enough growing up, but I'm not going to fight over an argument where you have taken both sides and I'm just optimistic. One day I hope you find the inner peace that robs you of your internet rage. May the road rise to meet you.

:clap:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I hate that attitude. Hey, it's cool. We have comp picks. So even if it's a bad trade, no sweat.

I hate the attitude that late round picks are anything more than a crap shoot. Just as likely to hit on a udfa

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
You were all over the map. It's called covering your bases, I suppose.

So, did you not say that Martin was overrated and that Yankey and S'ua-Filo had higher upside? Is that what you're saying?

Perhaps you could find what you have claimed and this can end?

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
According to CSN Bay Area it's stating that the Raiders will be receiving a 7th round pick for the trade.

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
Why does Chearean Williams say on roster for 6 games. He could be on it rest of the year. Seems a wasted trade to have him for 6 games. I know when Dez returns, then we have 6 WR's, and most likely one goes. But seems reticulum trade then. Pick up a street guy at that point.

If you trade for a player, then plan to keep him. Unless they plan to waive Whitehead and then try to get him on the PS.

The condition of the swap of draft picks is that he is on the 53 man roster for 6 games.

We have a 5 game window to evaluate him. If we don't like what he can provide we release him and there is no swap of draft picks.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Im guessing Street is going to get another shot first. Cant see Butler ready to step in this week

windjc

Reaction score
So basically by trading a 5th for a 6th to the Raiders, if this guy plays in at least 6 games, we will be drafting exactly 1 pick BEHIND the Raiders. Ok, good to know.:thumbup:

6+ games > Pick 192 vs 193

Lol

I TOTALLY understand why RISEN is soooooo upset about this trade.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I miss the days when Jerry made good deals, ok maybe not days but afternoons. Something, my gods.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
But again, I'm still wondering who you guys think lines up on the outside? Street? Street has about as much upside as this kid.

Street has almost no upside. He was touted as close to a finished product coming out of college. His upside was getting stronger. He is a good route runner with average speed and hands.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
From what Oakland writers are saying the kid is very likeable and popular with both the players and fans.

I would be too of course but I can't run a 4.3.