Brice > Dez?

superonyx

Reaction score
1. Where did I say Dez needed to be on the sidelines?
2. Where are you getting the notion we score more as a team w/Dez getting the most targets? Whattya got to support that?
These were all hypotheticals to show why you can't just say Dez needs to have X number of catches.
If you replace Dez with our number 3 then that puts Dez on the bench. I didn't say we score more with Dez getting the most targets...in fact it could be the opposite..I don't know. What I was saying is that Dez may be more valuable as a decoy than some realize.
Overall point is that stats like catches are not enough to determine value.

T-RO

Reaction score
I know I'm going to hate myself for this but... Highest paid WRs
1 AB at 17 mil
2 AJ Green 15 mil
3 Julio Jones 14.3 mil
4 DeMaryus Thomas 14 mil
5 Dez Bryant 14 mil
6 TY Hilton 13 mil
7 Doug Baldwin 11.5 mil
8 Keenan Allen 11.3 mil
9 Desean Jackson 11.2 mil
10 Larry Fitzgerald 11 mil

Where do u think Dez should be getting paid?

You can be sure the Cowboys are asking the same thing. After this season they'll have to start asking if Dez can earn his salary.

Look...I like EVERYTHING about how Dez has been handling himself and his business the past year or so. He clearly is liked by his teammates, coaches and the fans. You all won't believe it but I like him too.

But I'm a bottom-line guy here. We scored 19 points last season against the G-men. We scored 19 points his season against the G-men. In both games we had problems with Dak-Dez production.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
You can be sure the Cowboys are asking the same thing. After this season they'll have to start asking if Dez can earn his salary.

Look...I like EVERYTHING about how Dez has been handling himself and his business the past year or so. He clearly is liked by his teammates, coaches and the fans. You all won't believe it but I like him too.

But I'm a bottom-line guy here. We scored 19 points last season against the G-men. We scored 19 points his season against the G-men. In both games we had problems with Dak-Dez production.
Bottom line, then, RO. Cut it out. You're so much better than this drivel.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score

They have a good defense dude!!!

T-RO

Reaction score
These were all hypotheticals to show why you can't just say Dez needs to have X number of catches.
If you replace Dez with our number 3 then that puts Dez on the bench. I didn't say we score more with Dez getting the most targets...in fact it could be the opposite..I don't know. What I was saying is that Dez may be more valuable as a decoy than some realize.
Overall point is that stats like catches are not enough to determine value.

People around here think in terms of #1 WR, #2, #3...etc. I assure you it's not thought of in such simplistic terms by NFL coaches. First of all 3 WR sets are very very common. But you even see a lot of 4 WR sets...even 5.

Dez isn't out there on every offensive play as it is now. The Cowboys are moving these guys in and out.

I suggest we look more at individual matchups. Dez can dismantle certain types of cornerbacks. But there are a few who absolutely own his wallet and keys.

Dez has the most unique skill set of any of our guys and is perhaps the guy you most want on the field late in games. But he's got a number of notable weaknesses.

knightrider94

Reaction score
What were the stats of the "elite" wide receivers yesterday and what defenses did they play?

T-RO

Reaction score
Here's what I need to see this season from Dez to warrant high volume targeting:

-58% catch rate on balls targeted his way
I'm not expecting him to match the catch rate of guys like Jason and Cole. Dez is catching longer passes. But over the course of the season I need something at least in the high 50's.

-Keep it classy, distraction free. He's been getting good marks for this lately so...just keep it up.

-Gimmie 1-2 big splash plays a game that are special. I need that from my top paid receiver. Of course a lot of these will be TDs but they don't have to be.

conner01

Reaction score
I know it will sound as sacrilege to some, but I'm beginning to wonder if Butler is a better weapon than Dez Bryant. I raise this question despite what I see with Dez: increased maturity and improved chemistry with Dak.

Amongst the WR core Butler features the best speed...he's much faster than Dez. He is tall, long and has good hands. He's the one outside receiver who can separate with pure speed.

Dez still has the strongest hands, and is undoubtedly the guy with the most overall athletic ability. Dez can out-muscle a lot of guys.

OK...I'm not ready yet to say Brice is better. I can't say that. But I'm wondering about it.
Alcohol does that

T-RO

Reaction score
What were the stats of the "elite" wide receivers yesterday and what defenses did they play?

-Julio was targeted 5x...caught 4...13 yards per target (80% catch rate)
-Nelson was targeted 8x....caught 7... 10 yards per target (87% catch rate)

I'll look for some more little later...

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
tenor.gif

YR

T-RO

Reaction score
Few more...

Antonio Brown 11 targets 11 receptions 16.5 ave 100% catch rate
Tyrek Hill 8 targets 7 receptions 16.6 ave 87% catch rate

I did find one with a different narrative, and being an honest guy I include

Larry Fitzgerald 13 targets, 6 receptions 5.7 ave 46% catch rate

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I know it will sound as sacrilege to some, but I'm beginning to wonder if Butler is a better weapon than Dez Bryant. I raise this question despite what I see with Dez: increased maturity and improved chemistry with Dak.

Amongst the WR core Butler features the best speed...he's much faster than Dez. He is tall, long and has good hands. He's the one outside receiver who can separate with pure speed.

Dez still has the strongest hands, and is undoubtedly the guy with the most overall athletic ability. Dez can out-muscle a lot of guys.

OK...I'm not ready yet to say Brice is better. I can't say that. But I'm wondering about it.

:facepalm: