1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Bring on the Deadskins

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by UVAwahoos, Nov 11, 2007.

1. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,198 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    4 of our 9 opponents have winning records at the moment... we're 3-1 against them...

Well, besides NT Jason Ferguson, OLB Greg Ellis, CB Terence Newman, CB Anthony Henry, FB Oliver Hoyte, FB Deion Anderson... and we haven't had Terry Glenn yet this season, either, though we remain hopeful we'll still get him back a little later on this season... Ferguson and Anderson are done for the season, the others missed a number of games...

Not a great number of injuries, but not exactly injury-free, either...

You do know that "well within 3 quarters of being 8-1" is the weakest copout you could possibly try to engage in, don't you?? I'm embarrassed for you that you'd try to float that weak crapola... bottom line, you guys have been outscored by your opponents by 16 points thus far this season, indicating you're lucky to be even one game over .500... certainly, to suggest that you guys could realistically be an 8-1 team is beyond laughable...

As for the "better opposition than the Boys", if you take out the games the Boys' opponents played against Dallas, they have 37 wins... if take out the games the Skins' opponents played against Washington, they have 38 wins... WOW, what a difference...

ROTFLMAO... SURE you do, troll... there are maybe two positions on your team where you might be better than the Cowboys, and we're not exactly bad at either one-- I'm talking about running back and safety... but when it comes to QB, it's advantage, Cowboys... WRs, advantage, Cowboys... TEs, advantage, Cowboys... OL, advantage, Cowboys... DL, advantage, Cowboys... LBs, advantage, Cowboys... CBs, advantage, Cowboys... Ks and Ps, advantage, Cowboys... overall team depth, advantage, Cowboys...

And I'll take Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett over today's Joe Gibbs and Al Saunders, all day, every day... I think Gregg Williams is highly overrated, too...

But other than all of our superior talent and coaching, I guess you guys probably do have the "bettar all around team"... LOL...

This from the fool who still insists that Jon Jansen and Randy Thomas played in the Pro Bowl...

2. silverbear

24,198 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Both have done a pretty fair job of blocking this year, actually, and are a big part of the reason the Boys rank 2nd in total offense, 2nd in scoring offense...

1) Henry is tied for 2nd in interceptions, 1 behind the NFL's leader... even with the time he's missed...

2) Williams was never "amost moved to LB in the preseason"... don't know where you got that happy horsebleep, bit it ain't true... you really should make more of an effort to know what you're talking about before you post this stupidity...

LOL... Ellis missed 3 games, and still ranks 15th in the NFL, with 6.5 sacks... in 6 games played, 3 starts...

Then you're completely clueless, and not to be taken seriously... but we already knew that, didn't we??

"Toating"??

3. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

12,872 Messages
    3,742 Likes Received
    Anyone know if the NY area is getting the Cowboy game? If not, I have to start making excuses to the wife so I can go to a sports bar.

It sucks being in Jets territory. No one cares about the Jets anyway.

We wanna see the Cowboys Skins game.

4. silverbear

24,198 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    They've played the 1st, the 2nd, the 6th and the 9th best passing offenses so far this year, the latter you've played twice...

Chuckle... in 5 games against top 10 passing offenses, you guys have allowed 114 completions on 181 attempts (a .630 completion percentage), for 1119 yards (223.8 yards per game)... you've given up 7 TDs, had 4 ints... the opposing QBs in those 5 games have an aggregate quarterback rating of 84.0 in those games... none of these numbers are BAD, given that these were good passing offenses, but you make it sound like the Skins' pass defense dominated in these games, and that was really true in one, maybe two of those games... in the others, you guys got your secondary lit up pretty well...

Bottom line, those 5 passing offenses put up 117 points on you (23.4 per game), and went 3-2 against you... another bottom line is if you look at ALL the games, here are the Skins' pass defense rankings:

Pass Defense-- 218.3 yards per game, 21st...

Completion Percentage Allowed-- 61.9 per cent, tied for 18th...

TD Passes Allowed-- 13, tied for 20th...

Interceptions-- 8, tied for 19th...

Sacks-- 22, 14th...

Quarterback Rating Allowed-- 82.2, tied for 17th...

Basically, ALL these numbers show a pass defense that's not in the top 15 in the NFL...

5. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

6,322 Messages
    3,446 Likes Received
    i forget how annoying redskin week is, truth of the matter as a cowboy fan, i was much more excited about the challenge of playing the Giants last week, then playing the Skins this week.

as ive previously stated this wont be much of a game, we will score more in the 1st half then they will the whole game, and thats if they even score. the next game im really looking forward to is GB.

and to top if all off, we get all the trolls from ES here, pounding their chests and making up excuses as to why we are 8-1 and they are 5-4.

as BP used to say, you are what your record says you are.:lombardi:

6. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,183 Messages
    4,063 Likes Received

Hey, you do realize we play the exact same schedule with the exception of two games. I will admit one thing. The fact that you have to play us twice and we have to play you twice does make your schedule stronger.

7. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

17,339 Messages
    11,577 Likes Received
    If it wasnt for the fact that the Skins have no QB, WRs or Oline and that they only score 19 points a game compared to Dallas' 33 the Redskins offense would be just as good as Dallas'. If not for those little things they would be equal.

8. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,183 Messages
    4,063 Likes Received

You do realize the Foreskins were 5-11 in 2006, don't you? Look on the bright side. Your team just might be able to improve that records by 2 games this year.

9. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,183 Messages
    4,063 Likes Received
    Your team is certainly going to get punk'd next Sunday. In a very bad way. Will you be here then?

10. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,183 Messages
    4,063 Likes Received
    My guess is he used about 10 gallons of it last night. :D

11. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,084 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    since we only give up 89 rushing yards per game, and already shut down the NFL's #1 RB, I say that's highly unlikely

this isn't the Jet's 29th ranked run D you're up against

12. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,183 Messages
    4,063 Likes Received
    What's the difference between the two? :laugh2:

13. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,183 Messages
    4,063 Likes Received
    You just described every poster on ES. Be more specific.

14. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,084 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    :lmao: hilarious, forgetting that we've smoked 2 teams that have beaten you, are we not?

lol, we're 3-0 against 2 teams that are 2-0 against you

15. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,183 Messages
    4,063 Likes Received

Simply put, you are beyond stupid. Explain to me how the Foreskins have played a tougher schedule? Please. Better talent and coaches? :rake:

16. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,183 Messages
    4,063 Likes Received

O.K. mods, let's treat this guy like we are treated in the cesspool called ES. Ban this :bastid:

17. I Bleed B&G

I Bleed B&G I Can't Stop the Bleeding

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oooo weeeee! You guys put 8 in the box and stopped a team with no QB.

What an achievement!!!

Get ready for Campbell and Portis you cowboys!

18. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 Cowboys Make me Drink

15,094 Messages
    481 Likes Received

Sounds like the Redskins, a good RB and NO QB

19. dallasfan

dallasfan New Member

978 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey I Bleed B&G I see your account finally got activated, btw, care to revise this statement made by you at extremeskins?

cause by my calculations you guys have to go 7-0 from here on out

20. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,869 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Hmmm.

[​IMG]