Brittney Mills' family considers 2nd paternity test for former LSU football player La'el Collins

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a little dated, but I'm always curious about the victims in these kind of things.

---------------------------

On Friday (July 31) what would have been Brittney Mills' 30th birthday, her family will hold a memorial in honor of her and her son Brenton, who both died as a result of shots fired at the mother in April.

Baton Rouge police did not, and have not, named La'el Collins as a suspect in the double murder. And since then, police have not yet named any suspect or motive in the case at all.

Mills' mother, Barbara, says she knows what her daughter told her before she died -- that Collins was the father. That's why she's considering getting a second DNA test done outside the state of Louisiana.

"We prefer a second DNA test be done out of the jurisdiction of the state to put our minds at rest," Barbara Mills said. "I believe what my daughter told me."

Collins and his attorney Jim Boren, could not be reached for comment Friday.

Read the rest: http://www.nola.com/crime/baton-rou...rittney_mills_dna_paternity_lael_collins.html

starfrombirth

Reaction score
This is a little dated, but I'm always curious about the victims in these kind of things.

On Friday (July 31) what would have been Brittney Mills' 30th birthday, her family will hold a memorial in honor of her and her son Brenton, who both died as a result of shots fired at the mother in April.

Baton Rouge police did not, and have not, named La'el Collins as a suspect in the double murder. And since then, police have not yet named any suspect or motive in the case at all.

Mills' mother, Barbara, says she knows what her daughter told her before she died -- that Collins was the father. That's why she's considering getting a second DNA test done outside the state of Louisiana.

"We prefer a second DNA test be done out of the jurisdiction of the state to put our minds at rest," Barbara Mills said. "I believe what my daughter told me."

Read the rest: http://www.nola.com/crime/baton-rou...rittney_mills_dna_paternity_lael_collins.html

Can you say money grab??? Either as hush money or sympathy... SMH

Cowboys22

Reaction score
If he took one and it came back that he wasn't the father, I'd in no way cooperate with any other tests, especially ones dictated by the family. It obvious that they have some sort of agenda if they want another test. We have no way to know if she really even told her mother Collins was the father. That could be a mother trying to protect her deceased daughter's reputation. It could also be that the daughter lied to her mother to conceal her lifestyle. If he submitted DNA for the formal investigation and they concluded he was not the father, he should give his condolences and that's it.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
If he took one and it came back that he wasn't the father, I'd in no way cooperate with any other tests, especially ones dictated by the family. It obvious that they have some sort of agenda if they want another test. We have no way to know if she really even told her mother Collins was the father. That could be a mother trying to protect her deceased daughter's reputation. It could also be that the daughter lied to her mother to conceal her lifestyle. If he submitted DNA for the formal investigation and they concluded he was not the father, he should give his condolences and that's it.

Family should put all that energy into finding their daughter & grandkid's killer.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score

If the child is dead, I don't get what this family is trying to do...

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I am confused on what the results would accomplish either way. Wasn't it reported he had an air tight alibi?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I am confused on what the results would accomplish either way. Wasn't it reported he had an air tight alibi?

Yes alibi for her murder. For being the father is what the family wants to know.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I can say it is a mother who believes what her murdered daughter told her and have no issue with her family getting a second paternity test.

Nor do I. Losing a child has to be the worst possible thing anyone could ever go through. They have no answers. I don't blame them for trying to figure out anything and everything they possible can.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nor do I. Losing a child has to be the worst possible thing anyone could ever go through. They have no answers. I don't blame them for trying to figure out anything and everything they possible can.

That is whole deal it is their child and if a 2nd test can bring about any closure for them then I would do it

popp1234

Reaction score
That is whole deal it is their child and if a 2nd test can bring about any closure for them then I would do it

I preface this by saying I have know idea what this mother is going through and therefore will not dare question her motive for contemplating a second DNA test, although I understand why one would think its suspect....but here is my take:

If the second test proves Collins is STILL not the father, there is still no closure, with regard to her daughter's murder (and consequently, the death of the unborn child). If the second test shows that Collins IS indeed the father, but not the killer, is that complete closure? If I were her, and I'm not, I would not have closure until I found out who the hell killed my daughter, then have that person tested (if it's a male). Just my $0.02.