Brittney Mills' family considers 2nd paternity test for former LSU football player La'el Collins

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Not if it was a Rae Carruth scenario, where it was a murder for hire.

And, once again, I don't believe that this happened. I can only surmise that this is the reason why the deceased's family is wanting to do the test.

He has already been tested and has already been ruled out by investigators as being a suspect. Thus the family should stop with this nonsense of having retested again.

Its ok if he was still a suspect. But he is not. Therefore, we can conclude that the family has other ulterior motives for doing another DNA test.

If I was Collins I would do the test ONLY if the family promises to go public and state that HE is not the father of the child and had nothing to do with the murder and state that Collins is innocent.

If the family can't do those terms why should Collins do another DNA test? I think its reasonable and should put to rest that Collins has nothing to do with their daughter's murder and should not be dragged into another investigation which might be detrimental to his career.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
If the child is dead, I don't get what this family is trying to do...

Try to build a case for financial assistance. Tug at the emotional heart-strings of the young man.

"You know, you would've been a part of our family...we really still consider you our son...can you pay our bills?"

burmafrd

Reaction score
unless they can show the paternity test that ALREADY SAID COLLINS WAS NOT THE FATHER was somehow tainted, etc then this is strictly a money grab.

popp1234

Reaction score
I preface this by saying I have know idea what this mother is going through and therefore will not dare question her motive for contemplating a second DNA test, although I understand why one would think its suspect....but here is my take:

If the second test proves Collins is STILL not the father, there is still no closure, with regard to her daughter's murder (and consequently, the death of the unborn child). If the second test shows that Collins IS indeed the father, but not the killer, is that complete closure? If I were her, and I'm not, I would not have closure until I found out who the hell killed my daughter, then have that person tested (if it's a male). Just my $0.02.

...And I would also like to add that I hate autocorrect. :thumbdown:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
isn't finding your daughters killer more important then finding out who her daughters babies daddy is? HAIL Mary hoping for a payday

I would imagine there are many things that want to know, they are grieving parents

gambit187

Reaction score
R.I.P. Brittney Mills but this whole thing is kind of strange to me. What woman pushing 30 messes with a kid in college. Her peoples just really need to let this go, their daughter was obviously involved in the "fast life and chasing the cool" as Lupe would say.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Can they really force this? Why would Collins submit to the test when he already did?

jrumann59

Reaction score
what an unbiased test by the police not enough now they want biased test by a lab of their choosing.