Brittney Mills' family considers 2nd paternity test for former LSU football player La'el Collins

jday

Reaction score
I don't get it either. What difference does it make now.

tumblr_n1mqunQWQu1rqd0kpo1_r2_500.gif

CowboyGil

Reaction score
If he had an alibi and is positive he is not the father, then he should do it and lay this to rest once and for all.

popp1234

Reaction score
If he had an alibi and is positive he is not the father, then he should do it and lay this to rest once and for all.

If I were Collins, I would already consider it laid to rest, once and for all. I would not submit to another DNA test. Even if he knows he's completely innocent, why open yourself up to more scrutiny and speculation.

Reaction score
Well then they know who their unborn child's father was. It is what it is.

Maybe the parents didn't like that their daughter told them it was La'el and tests say it was somebody else,,, paints an unflattering picture of the deceased daughter.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Collins is in training camp. He should just do his thing (in private) in a plastic cup and freeze it, send it off UPS and tell them to leave him alone, he has more important things to do.

This is what rich athletes have to learn to go through when you get payed good money. Somebody and anybody from the past is going to strong arm you in some way for some coin.

Tyron went through it, Dez went through, Hardy is dealing with it, McClain is going through it. And now Collins. He has a score to settle, on or off.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the family requesting another paternity test. I have a problem with the request not being kept confidential and strictly communicated between the respective attorneys.

but if the kid is dead, what is the purpose?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I preface this by saying I have know idea what this mother is going through and therefore will not dare question her motive for contemplating a second DNA test, although I understand why one would think its suspect....but here is my take:

If the second test proves Collins is STILL not the father, there is still no closure, with regard to her daughter's murder (and consequently, the death of the unborn child). If the second test shows that Collins IS indeed the father, but not the killer, is that complete closure? If I were her, and I'm not, I would not have closure until I found out who the hell killed my daughter, then have that person tested (if it's a male). Just my $0.02.

how does him being the dad bring closure anyway since he didn't kill them?

Plankton

Reaction score
Only thing I can guess is that they want to eliminate a Rae Carruth angle in this.

popp1234

Reaction score
how does him being the dad bring closure anyway since he didn't kill them?

The mother is saying she believes her daughter and that would prove that her daughter was telling the truth when she said Collins was the father. I suppose it would bring closer in that respect. But yeah, you're right, it still does not prove he killed her daughter. Two different "closures" involved here.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
She said she wanted a test outside the state. Which means she doesn't trust the local police there. So reading between the lines she thinks he may be the father and had people paid off. And that someone killed her (them) for him. That's the only way I can interpret it.

Plankton

Reaction score
if Collins had not already been cleared, I would understand that, but he has been so it makes no sense.

He hasn't been charged. The cops never officially cleared him. Big difference.

And, no, I don't think he did anything associated with the murder.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
He hasn't been charged. The cops never officially cleared him. Big difference.

And, no, I don't think he did anything associated with the murder.

They never officially clear you as if they did, they likely could not charge you later, you also cannot prove a negative.

The fact his cell phone proved his whereabouts and that he isn't the dad, and they didn't charge him, means he basically is cleared.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
If I'm Collins, I refuse another paternity test unless the family can show there is a good reason to believe that the first test was somehow invalid due to a lack of chain of custody of the sample etc

Cowboys22

Reaction score
She said she wanted a test outside the state. Which means she doesn't trust the local police there. So reading between the lines she thinks he may be the father and had people paid off. And that someone killed her (them) for him. That's the only way I can interpret it.

And this is why Collins should ignore it. They have an agenda. He was dragged out of the draft festivities on the eve of what was supposed to be one of his life's greatest moments, missed out on 10's of millions of dollars, and on top of that was cleared of everything by the local authorities. Case closed if I am him. He gave DNA and an alibi that proved he wasn't the father and wasn't at the scene of the crime. I would send my condolences again, proclaim my total innocence, express my complete faith in the process that proved I had no role in the murder, and tell them I am moving on from that chapter of my life. The story is now dead and I sure wouldn't participate in anything that revives it and let's anyone look at it again. If this lady doesn't trust the police and the detectives that investigated, then that is her problem, not Collins'.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Odd. There would have to be something else incriminating Collins like violent threats against the woman or a credible witness. Otherwise, Collins has no reason to oblige given what he's already done.