Video: Broaddus believes Earl will be a Cowboy **merged**

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
cartoon-record-player-wavey-vinyl.gif
Looks like my Aerosmith - Just Press Play album nowadays...
I should find a replacement.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Dr. Frankenstein attaching legs to his monster, and now we await the thunderstorm that will produce the lightning to bring it all to fruition.

It's too bad the weather forecast is clear and partly cloudy:laugh:

Sydla

Reaction score
I really don't want to spend a lot on Earl, when we have young talent back there that needs to grow. I think we can handle Safety with Heath, Woods, etc... I don't want to spend that type of money. when it isn't for a disruptive player on the line... If our Defensive front does their job, the secondary will be able to handle it.

Oy.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Not gonna lie. Hope we stay away from him.
1. Great player
2. Dont wanna give up picks.
3. Certainly dont wanna pay him 13m a season and hurt our cap.

There’s a side of me that agrees with your exact sentiments.. honesty I think I’m stuck in neutral on this subject. Although, I’m ready to shift into drive if the trade did happen. On one hand, I truely believe ET’s veteran presence(not to mention his play) would solidify our secondary and make our defense Super Bowl worthy. One the other hand, I recognize ETs age and high price tag. A move like this seems to be the exact knee-jerk trade that has set this club back in the past. Dallas has a good thing going on right now in terms of youth, talent, & salary cap.. I’d hate to screw up what seems to be working. That said, it’s hard not to see how a ProBowl safety and Richards, the architect of the ‘Legion of boom’, could transform this defense. I guess I’m currently OK with either direction the club deems acceptable, which says a lot about how the FO is handling things.

And to those that want to throw a wet blanket on this long rumored, overly talked about, seemily never ending idea.. get over it. You better believe, if Seattle dropped their asking price, Thomas would be on the next plane to his home state of Texas. Dallas has kept the door open, the cap space available, and rumormill churning for a reason.. they’re interested. So for those stating it will “never” happen, your wrong. It takes two to tango, Dallas is just waiting on a phone call. And that tactic seems fine with me.. just don’t give up the farm.

Last edited:

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
I wish they would quit playing hardball with Seattle and just give up the darn 2nd rounder. Both sides win, they get a valuable pick for a valuable player. It's not as if he is not worth it. We will certainly come out on top here in the short run.

We are the only ones who can lose out here imo.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
We'll throw high draft picks at ol' Roy Williams but choose to be judicial when it comes to Earl friggin Thomas... (*roll eyes*)

Flamma

Reaction score
There’s a side of me that agrees with your exact sentiments.. honesty I think I’m stuck in neutral on this subject. Although, I’m ready to shift into drive if the trade did happen. On one hand, I truely believe ET’s veteran presence(not to mention his play) would solidify our secondary and make our defense Super Bowl worthy. One the other hand, I recognize ETs age and high price tag. A move like this seems to be the exact knee-jerk trade that has set this club back in the past. Dallas has a good thing going on right now in terms of youth, talent, & salary cap.. I’d hate to screw up what seems to be working. That said, it’s hard not to see how a ProBowl safety and Richards, the architect of the ‘Legion of boom’, could transform this defense. I guess I’m currently OK with either direction the club deems acceptable, which says a lot about how the FO is handling things.

And to those that want to throw a wet blanket on this long rumored, overly talked about, seemily never ending idea.. get over it. You better believe, if Seattle dropped their asking price, Thomas would be on the next plane to his home state of Texas. Dallas has kept the door open, the cap space available, and rumormill churning for a reason.. they’re interested. So for those stating it will “never” happen, your wrong. It takes two to tango, Dallas is just waiting on a phone call. And that tactic seems fine with me.. just don’t give up the farm.

I'm also kind of stuck in a neutral position on this issue. But a mercenary hire like this is what teams do if they think they're close, and a guy like that can put us over the top. Are we? I'm not too worried about his contract, but we'd probably be losing a good pick for him.

I figured this was a dead issue awhile back. Now I'm not so sure. I think he's holding out to be traded.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not gonna lie. Hope we stay away from him.
1. Great player
2. Dont wanna give up picks.
3. Certainly dont wanna pay him 13m a season and hurt our cap.

Not to mention, safeties don't tend to improve in years 9-12 of their careers. His best days are behind him. It'd be silly for Dallas to reward him for them.

kevm3

Reaction score
If you can get Earl here for a 3rd or maybe a 2nd, you do it. Maybe if we had an Earl back there when we were playing the packers, we'd actually have gotten to the division championship game. Safeties don't get better at Earl's page, but a declining Earl is way better than anyone we have back there right now and we need a leader for that group. We saw what happens when Sean Lee goes out and is in the game. Why couldn't we get a large level of improvement with Earl commanding things back there?

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
Not to mention, safeties don't tend to improve in years 9-12 of their careers. His best days are behind him. It'd be silly for Dallas to reward him for them.

He doesn't need to improve he's a star player. He had what like 5ff and 2 picks last season. When is the last time we had that type of player back there?

It would be "silly to have yet another season go down the drain in this long stretch of "sillyness" we have been on.