Twitter: Broaddus: Cowboys working out 4 RB and 1 FB

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Looks like a few former Bears. Carter was a fourth round pick in 2011.

dupree89

Reaction score
Looks like a few former Bears. Carter was a fourth round pick in 2011.

Yeah I noticed that too. I knew about Brinkley. But then I looked it up and he spent 2 weeks with the Bears in August. Thats it. Probably not alot of info to share. ;)

Plankton

Reaction score
Brinkley is the brother of Jasper Brinkley, who has been a LB in the league.

Allen is a jack of all trades type, but truly a master of none. He is a decent pass receiver, and can run a little bit, but gets nicked up very easily. He can return kicks as well.

Draughn is a power runner who lacks anything resembling speed. Likely would have been referred by Butch Davis, who coached him at North Carolina.

Carter is an interesting player. Compact, tough inside runner with some ability. Not sure why Indianapolis would have let him go.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Gotta wonder about Randle if one of these RBs is signed to the active roster...is he injured or something?

conner01

Reaction score
Brinkley is the brother of Jasper Brinkley, who has been a LB in the league.

Allen is a jack of all trades type, but truly a master of none. He is a decent pass receiver, and can run a little bit, but gets nicked up very easily. He can return kicks as well.

Draughn is a power runner who lacks anything resembling speed. Likely would have been referred by Butch Davis, who coached him at North Carolina.

Carter is an interesting player. Compact, tough inside runner with some ability. Not sure why Indianapolis would have let him go.

carter is an interesting guy but he does put the ball on the ground alot for a part time player

conner01

Reaction score
Gotta wonder about Randle if one of these RBs is signed to the active roster...is he injured or something?

likley just numbers. we lost a rb so we add a rb. randle does'nt have the blocking thing down well and i think they have taken tanner out of the equation all together. so a guy who understands blocking seems like a logical choice. carter is a tough inside runner but he has had some fumbles

dupree89

Reaction score
If they sign a RB, I hope its the quickest back they can find.

dupree89

Reaction score
here is the last sentence from the short blurb on Pro Football Talk....lol

Draughn and Carter have actually done some decent things at previous points in the league, but the Cowboys are scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Surprised Javon Ringer isn't in the group. RKG and has size and toughness to carry the load in case Murray goes down.

Carter has some experience being an NFL back in a secondary role, I would hope they go that route. The other guys seem to be 3rd/4th backs at best.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Carter and Brinkley are both Syracuse guys. They are more bruising style of runners instead of quick like Dunbar. Out of the two, I think Carter was the better player. IIRC, he was 'Mr. Football' in the state of Ohio his senior year in high school.

YR

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
None of those guys make sense if they are looking to replace Dunbar.

TonyS

Reaction score
None of those guys make sense if they are looking to replace Dunbar.

Don't know if they can replace what Dunbar provides at this point in the season. Even finding some slower, but productive talent to spell Murray would be a big help.