Twitter: Broaddus: Cowboys working out 4 RB and 1 FB

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
Personally I would like to get a fullback. I think we are fine with Randal and Tanner and taking a chance on fb seems like the best move

I agree. When Tony Fiammetta was leading the way, Murray rushed for a team record 601 yards in four games. I still havent forgotten about that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, and I like Clutts. His athletic diversity and size would make him a potentially solid lead back. I'd love to see us with a Fiammetta.v2

I loved Fiammetta for Murray, too. Murray *does* seem to run better behind a FB.

Not a huge fan of adding another back, anyway, but I could live with the right FB type if he can block effectively at the second level.

neosapien23

Reaction score
I remember a few posters including myself were screaming for Dallas to go out and sign John Conner when the run game became stagnate. Instead he signed with New York and is doing quite well. There are no full backs worth bringing in at this point and Dallas is just going to have to roll with the 2 TE offense for the rest of the way. I would much rather have DeLone Carter as a back up to Murray. Randle is not ready and Tanner is nothing more than a special teamer.

morasp

Reaction score
If we do make it to the playoffs the ability to run the ball will be critical. It's also important for cold weather games.

coult44

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 1m
Cowboys working out 4 RB and 1 FB this morning Armando Allen. Curtis Brinkley Delone Carter Shaun Draughn Tyler Clutts. Clutts is FB.

None of these guys would be picked above the 5th round if the draft were held today... Holy crap. I've understood all the DL picks, some have been very good. These guys are all garbage and it proves how little faith we have in Randle. Wasted that pick for sure...

Iago33

Reaction score
None of these guys would be picked above the 5th round if the draft were held today... Holy crap. I've understood all the DL picks, some have been very good. These guys are all garbage and it proves how little faith we have in Randle. Wasted that pick for sure...

I think it's a little early to freak out about Randle. You are assuming signing this guy says something about Randle? Why? Do you think he's ahead of Randle on the depth chart?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I think it's a little early to freak out about Randle. You are assuming signing this guy says something about Randle? Why? Do you think he's ahead of Randle on the depth chart?

Its possible he will be. I'm not dogging Randall's rushing ability like everyone else, but I don't think he has a great blitz pick-up yet. FB will be able to help in protection or open a hole.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Randle is the #2 back now. But really he seems an off-season away from making a strong contribution - he needs to fill out a bit. Likely why he went lower in the draft.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems we're all in agreement on Randle. It also seems the staff feels the same way.

We've barely seen Randle. It's impossible to accurately "scout" a player with only a handful of snaps.