Twitter: Broaddus: Cowboys working out 4 RB and 1 FB

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Dunbar who can hardly be called a full time player this year, goes down, the Cowboys then decide to abandon the two TE set and get a full back in week 14? This is all very strange.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Gotta wonder about Randle if one of these RBs is signed to the active roster...is he injured or something?

Randle sucks at pass blocking so you dont want him in the game on 3rd down.....................unless you want to bring the cart out for Romo.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dunbar who can hardly be called a full time player this year, goes down, the Cowboys then decide to abandon the two TE set and get a full back in week 14? This is all very strange.

It was actually stranger to see them use linebacker Kyle Bosworth at fullback whenever they got down by the goal line. They should have at least tried to develop a young fullback in camp that could help on special teams even if they only used him on offense for 5-10 snaps a game. I hope Clutts can at least do that for them.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dont get signing a FB in week 14 when we have not had a FB on the roster in 2 seasons................I know Bosworth aint the best on goalline, but what about that big athletic TE we took in the 2nd round? He cant block either?

So remind me again why we drafted a backup TE that cant block in the 2nd round?

coult44

Reaction score
I think it's a little early to freak out about Randle. You are assuming signing this guy says something about Randle? Why? Do you think he's ahead of Randle on the depth chart?

Let's see. Murray, Randle, Tanner, then who??? Adding a 4th guy with the talent level of any of these guys is a waste of a roster spot. I'm not 100% giving up on Randle, but about 80% at least. I have not read one good thing about him. I have not seen one good thing from him. The coaches have not either I guess. He lacks NFL speed, burst, or quickness. This isn't something that's gonna get better. So regardless of where he's at on the depth chart, I'm not sold. What have you seen from him that would help change my mind?

Iago33

Reaction score
Let's see. Murray, Randle, Tanner, then who??? Adding a 4th guy with the talent level of any of these guys is a waste of a roster spot. I'm not 100% giving up on Randle, but about 80% at least. I have not read one good thing about him. I have not seen one good thing from him. The coaches have not either I guess. He lacks NFL speed, burst, or quickness. This isn't something that's gonna get better. So regardless of where he's at on the depth chart, I'm not sold. What have you seen from him that would help change my mind?

i haven't seen enough to tell. I just think we should wait to see how things work out before we assume signing a fullback says anything about Randle. I actually think signing a fb to replace a HB means they have some trust in Randle

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
i haven't seen enough to tell. I just think we should wait to see how things work out before we assume signing a fullback says anything about Randle. I actually think signing a fb to replace a HB means they have some trust in Randle

I agree. I was a little disappointed to see we did not sign another true tailback with a different skill set from Murray. Randle is a slower, less powerful clone. Tanner just is.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I have wanted a FB all season. Unfortunately I wanted John Connor. Thought he was a factor against us the last game as he opened some holes. If there is snow and wind in Chicago, having a lead FB in the run game might become critical. I know little to nothing about Clutts though. Hope they found a gem.

morasp

Reaction score
This should help the running game. It sort of looks like Garrett had become more involved in the offense the last two games and it shows. The two things I noticed about the teams that did well in the payoffs last year was they won the turnover battle and when they had to they could run the ball effectively.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Unfortunately I wanted John Connor. Thought he was a factor against us the last game as he opened some holes.

Plus, if computers become self-aware and start rolling out T1000s to destroy all mankind, this is the guy you want on your team.

Reactions: BAZ

JPM

Reaction score
I have wanted a FB all season. Unfortunately I wanted John Connor. Thought he was a factor against us the last game as he opened some holes. If there is snow and wind in Chicago, having a lead FB in the run game might become critical. I know little to nothing about Clutts though. Hope they found a gem.

You have a thing for FB....and kickers... ;)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've barely seen Randle. It's impossible to accurately "scout" a player with only a handful of snaps.

Just over 7 months isn't a big enough sample size to judge a rookie? Talk about impatient........ :D