Twitter: Broaddus: Cowboys working out 4 RB and 1 FB

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Don't know if they can replace what Dunbar provides at this point in the season. Even finding some slower, but productive talent to spell Murray would be a big help.
If they do that, then they really have 0 faith in Randle and Tanner, and keeping them on the roster this long was a serious mistake.

TonyS

Reaction score
If they do that, then they really have 0 faith in Randle and Tanner, and keeping them on the roster this long was a serious mistake.

One of many mistakes we've made. I don't think you can call Randle a complete bust yet, and he should get some playing time with Dunbar down. Most likely, these new additions are going to be small role players and as backup if Murray goes down.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I don't really understand signing another back. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you could go bring in another corner.....

Reaction score
I don't believe thats the case at all. Coaches need to cover the bases in case Murray gets injured again. Randle will likely replace Dunbar as reiief for Murray during games. The guys they bring in is for added depth and special teams. Randle will likely be taken off of special teams if he is in the regular offense a lot Monday night.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I don't believe thats the case at all. Coaches need to cover the bases in case Murray gets injured again. Randle will likely replace Dunbar as reiief for Murray during games. The guys they bring in is for added depth and special teams. Randle will likely be taken off of special teams if he is in the regular offense a lot Monday night.

True. I also suspect we try to ride Murray for 25+ touches a gAME down the stretch

Deep_South

Reaction score
By all accounts, the Bears do not play well against the run. When one considers our run blocking has improved lately, this would seem to be the perfect time to give Randle and Tanner some reps. Yet here we are, scraping the "bottom of the barrel" looking to sign a 4th running back.

I think Garrett knows something we don't.

KDM256

Reaction score
Never heard of any of these guys the Cowboys are looking at... I just hope like Hell Murray can stay healthy for the rest of the season.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
People are so quick to write off players around here. Just a few weeks ago tons of posters thought Murray sucked because he had 'no vision' and was 'running into darkness'. In the beginning of the year Sean Lee was horrible fit for the 4-3.

Yessir. It's amusing. I would love to see one football team run by it's fans.

It would be hilarious. The entire team would change out players every three or four games on their whims.

You'd have to install rotating doors in the locker room.

Plankton

Reaction score

I agree with this sentiment. It likely would be to take either Randle's or Tanner's snaps on special teams.

To me, Randle needs a year in the weight room to develop his lower body strength. He does not seem to power through hits very well.

The Natural

Reaction score
Draughn is an interesting name. He seemed to be productive for KC last year

IlliniNation

Reaction score
I'd like to see the Cowboys get Mikel Leshoure from Detriot. I think he is a practice squad player. Im an Illini guy I know but I think he can be a good #2 back.

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
Personally I would like to get a fullback. I think we are fine with Randal and Tanner and taking a chance on fb seems like the best move