1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Broaddus DLaw trade scenario

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

9,679 Messages
    16,570 Likes Received
    Two timelines I'm watching, March 12 before the start free agency and week before the draft. If there's no long term deal by then, I certainly think he could be traded. FYI.....read a tweet that Jets and Colts have over $100M in cap space.

2. millennial_legend

millennial_legend Benched

1,416 Messages
    1,208 Likes Received
    for a 1 and a 3? Hell yes.

The downside is the Colts did make the playoffs and win a playoff game, so their pick is on par with ours.

3. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

9,239 Messages
    9,329 Likes Received
    I’d take a 1 and a 3 and laugh all the way to the draft. I love Tank but he isn’t worth what he’s demanding and those picks could go a long way to helping the next head coach be successful.

4. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

6,197 Messages
    4,528 Likes Received
    Interesting

JoeKing and Blackthorn like this.
  5. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

16,834 Messages
    17,566 Likes Received
    We will see soon enough. Someone will blink. At some point his agent will advise him to sign the deal or not. Then we either up it or trade him.

Blackthorn likes this.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,141 Messages
    59,275 Likes Received
    Seriously? Who thinks that’s a good idea?

7. Hawkeye0202

9,679 Messages
    16,570 Likes Received
    Agree but to be honest, we have no idea what DLaw is demanding or if Stephen is lowing balling. But if they can't work out a long-term deal before the draft it's probably best they consider moving him IMO.

jjktkk, lwehlers and Verdict like this.
  8. Killerinstinct

Killerinstinct Well-Known Member

3,010 Messages
    3,947 Likes Received
    Its a low 1. I don't think it is worth it.

9. DHCBF66

DHCBF66 Benched

1,278 Messages
    1,555 Likes Received
    1st and a 3rd, trade them to move up in the draft, draft his replacement.

10. BigCatMonaco

BigCatMonaco Well-Known Member

1,169 Messages
    1,716 Likes Received
    We finally have an elite defensive end.
    And now everyone says he’s not worth paying.

11. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

6,394 Messages
    4,464 Likes Received
    We finally have a good pass rush and within weeks we lose our two top guys via trade and suspension? I’d like to keep dlaw lol

12. cern

cern Well-Known Member

10,820 Messages
    14,933 Likes Received
    for whom? the colts or the cowboys? great idea for the cowboys. colts, not so much.

ESisback likes this.
  13. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

46,526 Messages
    46,799 Likes Received
    Me.

14. cern

cern Well-Known Member

10,820 Messages
    14,933 Likes Received
    no one is saying he's not worth paying. but there is a ceiling on his value. quickest way to make money in south America is buy an argentine for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth.

15. Hawkeye0202

9,679 Messages
    16,570 Likes Received
    Just me, but the wildcard here is DLaw and the surgery. It's obvious he's now using it as leverage and there's nothing FO can do w/o a long-term deal. He could have today or wait until the start of the season. No an ideal situation to be for the FO with a $20M tag on a player.

Blackthorn, Idgit and dogberry like this.
  16. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

4,965 Messages
    5,846 Likes Received
    Who needs proven pass rushers in the NFL anymore?.....no wait

17. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

58,039 Messages
    102,038 Likes Received
    I don't think the Cowboys would make that trade.

pavalley likes this.
  18. cheftjpeck

cheftjpeck Well-Known Member

1,085 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    I don’t think anyone says he isn’t worth paying .. but rumor has it he wants 23-26 million per with huge guarantee :. I think some are just saying he isn’t worth the price being rumored ... however none of us really know what’s been offered vs what he wants, so it’s all pure speculation

Gangsta Spanksta and T-RO like this.
  19. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

8,234 Messages
    6,971 Likes Received
    they need to sign Lawrence at all cost he is more important than the bryon jones and the wr

20. NorthwestDallas40

NorthwestDallas40 rpatricc

5,935 Messages
    8,518 Likes Received
    I love Tank, I live in Boise where he played college, and I hope we re-sign him. That being said, I would take a 1 and a 3 in a heartbeat. Yes, D Law is one of the top 5 edge rushers in the league. But this is a different NFL. Edge rush is not the be all and end all of pressure. In fact, in today's NFL, interior pressure seems more important. And if D Law is insisting on more than $20m per year (my assumption), I would rather use a #1 pick on a DL that I will have for cheap for 5 years and use the $20m on other free agents.