Broaddus gets into it with fans about how they run their show

Status
Not open for further replies.

cej757

Reaction score
Me too. The callers ask the worst questions. There were 2 about Tebow this week. ARGH!

There were also some callers suggesting the Cowboys trade for Matt Cassel that the group said it wasn't gonna happen. I thought it was funny when the trade went down and they had to talk about how it was a smart move.

romothesavior

Reaction score
I don't know how you guys listen to those shows. I've tried several times and I can't make it half way into the show before I just can't stand it anymore.

I call it Clueless Buffoonery.

It should be very obvious by now why Broaddus is no longer an NFL scout. Is he still saying that Marinelli is going to Tampa after the season like he did all of last season?

Broaddus is a know it all who doesn't actually know that much.

BigD16

Reaction score
The only show I listen to regularly is cowboys break aka the lunch break. It's true they rush callers to ask their questions, but it's only because some of the callers try to talk forever and repeat their same point over and over again.

The real question is, why the heck do they get the most unqualified girls on their shows? They bring nothing to the table other than their good looks (for those who listen on their computers). I could care less what they look like, I'm there for cowboys football.

I remember Dia Wall (back in the day) trying so hard to act as if she knew her stuff by consistently disagreeing with EVERY point that anybody was trying to make, just for the sake of arguing. Annoying.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I think Broaddus has been an excellent addition to the break and am really enjoying it right now. That being said I don't know why they take callers and find every single one horrible. When calls start I hit the skip forward button.
I do bold alt because they usually take to long or act like they auditioning for the show. I like when folks ask their questions and get off the phone.

We obviously have different ideas as to what constitutes a good program. Many of those I've tuned in to have routinely offered 5 minutes of meaningless drivel to every few minutes of actual team-related matters. So much so, that I have avoided tuning in many times for that very reason. It's all a matter of perspective, I guess. I've never seen one program that has been a ****ing match. They all get along famously and oftentimes overly so, judging from their strong inclination to constantly exchange non-football related chit-chat. Some shows are undoubtedly better or lesser than others, however, no doubt about it. TC is the one that I've seen mostly, although I seldom listen to it anymore for the reasons I've mentioned.
Yeah I think you want some no non sense straight football well they have podcast for that too like Blogging the Boys and Crunchtime with KD. I like all of the shows outside of the callers for the most part since they don't really know what they are talking about and or they just too nervous/awkward on the phone.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I do bold alt because they usually take to long or act like they auditioning for the show. I like when folks ask their questions and get off the phone.

Yeah I think you want some no non sense straight football well they have podcast for that too like Blogging the Boys and Crunchtime with KD. I like all of the shows outside of the callers for the most part since they don't really know what they are talking about and or they just too nervous/awkward on the phone.

I go to BTB on a regular basis, although I haven't yet been exposed to Crunchtime with KD as yet. I'll see if I can (or can't) get it here in San Antonio, though.

Last edited:

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
You old school guys like me remember when Coach Landry ran the game film on his Sunday mornng coaches show and explained everything.He literally explained everything yet even though the other side watched it too didn't seem to matter.It was so awesome and refreshing.Those were the days my friend.

Wood

Reaction score
The only show I listen to regularly is cowboys break aka the lunch break. It's true they rush callers to ask their questions, but it's only because some of the callers try to talk forever and repeat their same point over and over again.

The real question is, why the heck do they get the most unqualified girls on their shows? They bring nothing to the table other than their good looks (for those who listen on their computers). I could care less what they look like, I'm there for cowboys football.

I remember Dia Wall (back in the day) trying so hard to act as if she knew her stuff by consistently disagreeing with EVERY point that anybody was trying to make, just for the sake of arguing. Annoying.

we are having this same exact discussion in another thread. What we have learned is most on both of those shows (talking cowboys, lunch break) have little interest in cowboys. This is why the conversation always drift into who knows what.

JDSmith

Reaction score
The local TV news people (non sports) were even suggesting Tebow.

You hear when Joe Buck mentioned him near the end of the Eagles game? They were talking about the Cowboys situation with Romo out:

Buck: Tim Tebow is out there.

Aikman: (chuckling) Yeah, maybe the Eagles should give him a call.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You hear when Joe Buck mentioned him near the end of the Eagles game? They were talking about the Cowboys situation with Romo out:

Buck: Tim Tebow is out there.

Aikman: (chuckling) Yeah, maybe the Eagles should give him a call.

Yep, that was a good comeback by Aikman.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I go to BTB on a regular basis, although I haven't yet been exposed to Crunchtime with KD as yet. I'll see if I can (or can't) get it here in San Antonio, though.
Its a podcast you can get it anywhere lol

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Thanks, yo've been a tremendous help. -- lol.

Now, if I only knew what the hell a podcast was . . . but thanks anyway.

I'm an old fart and somewhat technology-challenged but do not let that impede your hilarity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.