Twitter: Broaddus: Romo did not help Dak

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Does Broadus think that meetings are where the real help occurs? Interesting...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
"Anything else is a lie."

I accept the social media era is a unique time in human existence. Doing certain things like tweeting is a convenience. However, is it really that difficult to make more than one tweet explaining specifically what Romo or anyone else lied about? Has Romo claimed he was around the team a lot? Did Romo state he attended a lot of team meetings? Was Romo M.I.A. from The Star every day, every week, popped in out of the blue at whatever stadium the game was played, said, 'Wasssup guys!', to which everyone replied, "<Expletive> you Romo!"

Tweeting should not mean omitting context from what is being said.
You're misunderstanding what he meant. he's not saying Romo lied. It's the people chirping all day long that Romo was Prescott's guiding light.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Ehh....Broddus has had a solid career. It’s not Romo but far better than most of us can dream of here in regards to football. Well except for the guys here who can throw 100 yards and went to Polk high....those guys are forever superior.
And are still coaching, lol.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Romo was injured and was rehabbing to get back just as any other player. Kinda hard to play big brother coach at the same time. 9 was class all the way, anyone who wants to take meaningless shots at him doesn’t know what class is. His speech said it all for that year and the rest of his career. That was class.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You can tell the fans here who are patching holes they made in drywall anytime someone tells the truth about Romo.

But here's the thing. It's not just a team, it's a competition. I can't blame Romo for not helping. But lets not start bashing Broaddus for things not even related to this story. All you had to do is see it for yourself. Some on TV, but at games I saw Romo NOT helping Prescott and Sanchez was always helping. That's how bad Romo wanted to compete.
I would much rather Romo help than note, but who cares?
It shows the class Prescott has for not throwing him under the bus and giving praise to Romo regardless.

1510707637-FBN--Injured-Stars.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Tony Romo did nothing to help Prescott....(Sarcasm) :popcorn:

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Broaddus is wrong about plenty of things. For sure.

But he was also a scout for a team that won a super bowl. And I believe was one of the scouts that encouraged the packers to trade for Brett Favre also.

The man has a Super Bowl ring. So people acting like he doesn’t know anything, is just not true either.

Broaddus also admits when he was wrong about things. Which I respect.
There were a lot of tools who won Super Bowl rings with us. Dave campo?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I see a lot of folks making a lot of excuses for their favorite #9. Being unable to play hasn't kept players like Sean Lee and Travis Federick from being around the team and being in meetings, so what was Romo's excuse? Good for Garrett not to give Romo his job back once he got healthy. Romo was probably blindsided by that revelation. Not wanting to play for any other team, his decision to retire was made for him. I'm glad things worked out for Romo in the CBS both.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This type of aloofness is why Romo lost the locker room. How do you expect Garrett to give him his starting role back if he wasn't around at all for that '16 season?

I bet he helped on game days.

There's a clip where he tells Dak the defense (Giants?)
had a busted coverage and he wouldn't see that "look" again.

Why is Broaddus dufus even bringing this crap up?

Broaddus omitted the details of what he is trying to convey.

On day to day and QB technique issues Mark Sanchez and Kellen Moore spent a lot of time with Dak.

On scheme issues and reading defenses Romo did help. Romo's biggest input came when he was on the sideline during games.

You might say that Romo was helping the Offensive Coordinator as much as Dak. Romo helped the OC communicate with Dak and tweak the offense to work for Dak.

Bob Sturm appears to be backing Broddus story with regards to day-to-day and Sturm tends to stick to facts more than most media.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Broaddus omitted the details of what he is trying to convey.

On day to day and QB technique issues Mark Sanchez and Kellen Moore spent a lot of time with Dak.

On scheme issues and reading defenses Romo did help. Romo's biggest input came when he was on the sideline during games.

You might say that Romo was helping the Offensive Coordinator as much as Dak. Romo helped the OC communicate with Dak and tweak the offense to work for Dak.

Bob Sturm appears to be backing Broddus story with regards to day-to-day and Sturm tends to stick to facts more than most media.

Dude, don't lump me in with some guy calling Romo aloof. (lol)
I loved watching Romo play, although at times he's to blame for
my excessive alcohol content.

Also, you are agreeing with me. So, hit the like button, friend.

erod

Reaction score
Ehh factually incorrect again... Team scouts get paid to perform a job by the team..."a billion" other people do not...and definitely don't get Superbowl rings

Just say you don't like the guy... don't **** on his resume

So do office administration and cheerleaders.

Jason Garrett has two Super Bowls championship rings. He had more to do with those than Broaddus ever did.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This type of aloofness is why Romo lost the locker room. How do you expect Garrett to give him his starting role back if he wasn't around at all for that '16 season?

why is this being discussed ? an relevant to any conversation?

HungryLion

Reaction score
There were a lot of tools who won Super Bowl rings with us. Dave campo?

Dave Campo was actually a good position coach and solid defensive coordinator. He was just over way his head as a head coach. He also had no talent when he was head coach.

Campo was a defensive coach for Jimmy Johnson when Jimmy was head coach at Miami and won a national title. Jimmy chose to bring campo to the cowboys with him. Campo has 3 Super Bowl rings and a national championship ring as either a defensive backs coach or defensive coordinator. Calling campo a “tool” is nonsense. I’ll trust jimmy’s opinion about him more than anybody else’s.

The overall point is, people attacking Broaddus’ credibility because they feel the need to get defensive about Romo, is just ridiculous. Broaddus didn’t even say anything bad about Romo himself.

Last edited:

Kaiser

Reaction score
The overall point is, people attacking Broaddus’ credibility because they feel the need to get defensive about Romo, is just ridiculous. Broaddus didn’t even say anything bad about Romo himself.

Exactly, saying Romo was helpful but not the biggest factor isn't an insult to anyone involved. But if it doesn't fit a narrative, it will get trashed here.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What does bringing this up now accomplish?

And I'm one of those Cowboys fans that backs Romo and Dak.

Broaddus didn't directly attack Romo but the context makes it sound like he did nothing to support Prescott; which is false.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was Romo a coach? Was he the QBC? Was he the OC?

How many QB1's do you think have helped their backup? That's a coach's job, not a player's. Hell, some of the QB's won't even speak to their backup.

We saw Romo helping out on the sideline with Prescott but there was an OC and QBC responsible for that player. Romo could only help with real game action and reads during the games.

Why would this even be an issue now?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Always heard that Romo was helping him and drawing things up to show Dak. Hmmm
he probably did the first 4 weeks, as tony thought he would probably start game 5, or sooner, so the more games dak could win was a plus to tony.
At about 4-1 though tony had to be thinking uh oh what is going on here??:huh: at 6-1 he had to know maybe he wont get back in as the starter.
Then Dak to me always seemed to ignore tony on the sidelines, and since dak's goal was to take tonys job, then he didnt want to be buddy buddy with
him.
Dak came to this team knowing tony often got hurt and out for few games, so he knew he would have the chance to do what he did in college, which
was take the starting job after injury.
The main thing in dak's way was kellen, and either great luck or he hired someone to break kellens ankle!
When that happened, Dak was now # 2, and all he had to do is wait and be ready for tony to get hurt again.
Then more luck Tony gets hurt in PS game so here is Dak starting week 1 . maybe dak had a friend in Seattle??

Dak knew to keep the job he had to win most of the games, or all of them, and also he had to win his team mates.
Getting the guys to like him and accept him was one thing dak did very well, and since Tony had been aloof with the
team mates, this helped dak take the job.
But Dak was planning to take the job all along, it just happened much quicker than he expected, but he did everything right that year.
People say the team plays hard for JG, but I think they play hard for Dak, as they like him and think he can win even when behind.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Was Romo a coach? Was he the QBC? Was he the OC?

How many QB1's do you think have helped their backup? That's a coach's job, not a player's. Hell, some of the QB's won't even speak to their backup.

We saw Romo helping out on the sideline with Prescott but there was an OC and QBC responsible for that player. Romo could only help with real game action and reads during the games.

Why would this even be an issue now?
I mean I think Romo was more helpful than Brett Favre was to Aaron Rodgers. I think Romo helped on Gameday and Sanchez and Moore the rest of the week.