Twitter: Broaddus: Romo did not help Dak

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I mean I think Romo was more helpful than Brett Favre was to Aaron Rodgers. I think Romo helped on Gameday and Sanchez and Moore the rest of the week.

I saw NFL Films clips during the 2016 season showing Romo helping Dak on the sidelines, so you're right. Romo displayed incredible sportsmanship that season and it's amazing this is even being brought up.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean I think Romo was more helpful than Brett Favre was to Aaron Rodgers. I think Romo helped on Gameday and Sanchez and Moore the rest of the week.
According to Rodgers, he wouldn't speak to him. The same has been said of Manning and Brady wanted his backup gone.

But for sheer my backup QB is an awesome person, can't beat Cling Longley.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
probably cause Dak had his best season while tony was there and on sidelines.
And broadus may be saying it was not because of tonys help.

I'm a Prescott fan and even I think this may be the case.

Remember, Broaddus works for the Cowboys' website; so Jerry Jones writes his checks, too.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
probably cause Dak had his best season while tony was there and on sidelines.
And broadus may be saying it was not because of tonys help.
Why would Broaddus even be involved in this discussion?

The fact is the offense was called differently in Prescott's rookie season, just execute the plays as called. When they wanted him to step into the real QB1, it got a lot more difficult. Just as it does for most QB's in their rookie seasons.

Prescott said Romo helped, I believe him more than some fired scout hanging onto a job with the only team that will hire him to share all of his keen knowledge.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...prescott-tony-romo-did-amazing-job-helping-me

Even with Tony Romo out of the building, Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott maintains he had a strong relationship with the departed franchise legend.

"I mean, Tony did an amazing job of helping me out. I think that's what Tony realized is that, he couldn't necessarily control whether he was going to play or not. But what he can control is our relationship," Prescott said Wednesday on The Rich Eisen Show.

"And I think Tony did a great job, and I commend Tony and thank him so much for that -- of being another coach for me, of helping me out, of in the middle of the game, at practice, on the field [and] off the field, giving me advice. And as a guy who went through exactly what I went through -- taking over the position from an older veteran, and knowing what it's like to be the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and just helping me out."

Prescott said Romo never made their relationship awkward.

"It truly never did [get uncomfortable]. And that's why I say I commend him," Prescott said. "I don't know how he felt personally. I mean, obviously I know as much of a competitor he is, that he wanted to play. That as much success that he had in this league, that he probably felt that he should play. But it never [got uncomfortable]. And as I said, he always was so helpful to me. And I felt it was genuine, and I commend him for that."

Prescott is going out of his way to praise Romo here. If he's just trying to maintain a public face there's really no need to go this far.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Brian Broaddus did not help any personnel department he every worked in.

That's why Parcells fired him, and why he's now Mickey Spagnola's waterboy.
haha I usually like Broaddus but this made me laugh! Good one!

Dre11

Reaction score
This type of aloofness is why Romo lost the locker room. How do you expect Garrett to give him his starting role back if he wasn't around at all for that '16 season?

When Dez came out and said Dak is their qb. I knew Romo was done. They said this a year ago. Romo left the team mentally. Sanchez took over as mentor

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I think what happened with Dak was that Atlanta game and then he got snake-bitten and it took him a long time to snap out of it.

Dak himself has admitted this. That game screwed up his mental clock and for a while he started feeling "ghost pressure". Says it took until about midseason last year for the game to slow down for him again.

This isn't a knock on Prescott; it's a common thing for all young quarterbacks to overcome.

Dre11

Reaction score
I bet he helped on game days.

There's a clip where he tells Dak the defense (Giants?)
had a busted coverage and he wouldn't see that "look" again.

Why is Broaddus dufus even bringing this crap up?

Because he was asked about it. It's also been a subject of debate on who really helped Dak in 2016

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Prescott is going out of his way to praise Romo here. If he's just trying to maintain a public face there's really no need to go this far.

He could be saying it just to be gracious, but I can't see any reason to believe Broaddus over comments from a player directly involved. Broaddus is essentially calling Prescott a liar even though Broaddus himself wasn't there to see the interactions between Romo and Prescott any more than the rest of us.

Dre11

Reaction score
Most injured players aren't around much. Most injured guys don't feel like part of the team since they are not there in games, in practice or in the meeting rooms.

So...this doesn't surprise me. Rehabilitation is what Romo should have been doing and then when healthy, rejoin the team.

Frederick was.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
When Dez came out and said Dak is their qb. I knew Romo was done. They said this a year ago. Romo left the team mentally. Sanchez took over as mentor
Wow. Dez did that? I missed '16. Could you give me a bit of context?

InTheZone

Reaction score
is this a set up for the next blame to go around? I already guessed Witten and the OL were next after Dez. Zeke and Linehan already shouldered much of the blame for some of Daks declines. Who's next?

Dre11

Reaction score
Wow. Dez did that? I missed '16. Could you give me a bit of context?

Can't find the exact quote, think it was in an article from the news paper we can't post here, but he was praising Dak and saying he didn't have to look over his shoulder because of Romo, that they follow him.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Can't find the exact quote, think it was in an article from the news paper we can't post here, but he was praising Dak and saying he didn't have to look over his shoulder because of Romo, that they follow him.
#Strong