Twitter: Broaddus says Cowboys and Dak communicating

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Just let him play on two tags then let another team overpay him in FA.

Unfortunately, I think this is the Cowboys plan all along, wait tell the last minute and start negotiating. Similar to the way they did the Dez Bryant deal.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So there were multiple reports that the two sides haven't talked, and now it's being reported that conversations began recently.

Who do you believe?

No one.......not a damn soul (lol). Let it play out..........I know, I'm just as guilty as the rest (lol)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I like Dak.
But I am so weary of the continued drama.
If a fair deal has been offered and not accepted, maybe it's time to move on?
I wonder what other options we have?

The questions abound . . .
This was bound to happen from the start . . .
They say one thing, then they say yet another to confuse us . . .
There are so many ways to go forward or give up that it's just a pain to contemplate . . .

Last edited:

12+88=7

Reaction score
I am ok with a deal.
I am ok with no deal.
I am ok with Dak playing the next few years here.
I am ok with the Cowboys going with another QB.
I am ok with Dalton as the starting QB this year.
I am ok with Dak as starting QB this year.

This post is the truth.

We root for Dallas and nothing else.

Owners, coaches, and players come and go. But Dallas will always be.

Best example of this is when I play fantasy, I root for Dallas, even if it cost me a win.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I am ok with a deal.
I am ok with no deal.
I am ok with Dak playing the next few years here.
I am ok with the Cowboys going with another QB.
I am ok with Dalton as the starting QB this year.
I am ok with Dak as starting QB this year.

I agree with most of your point.

I don’t agree with being ok with Dalton starting this year.

The cowboys are a better football team with Dak starting. I would like for them to try and compete for a championship. Getting worse at QB doesn’t increase the chances of winning a title this year.

dckid

Reaction score
Just let him play on two tags then let another team overpay him in FA.
One tag and then let someone make a poison pill offer.
Dak is not elite, not insulting the guy. I think he has been great for us.
I don't think any team should have paid Cousins, Goff, Wentz, Jimmy G, Sam Bradford, etc... what they got. Don't pay elite money to good players.
If a player is truly great he cannot be overpaid. Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers in his day, Brady, Manning in their day were worth a few wins.
Russell Wilson is worth what he is paid. He is the Seattle offense, he can win in any system. Deep ball, clutch, scramble when he needs to, accurate.
Give me a Shanahan, Bill, McVay for 10-15 per year and let them develop a good player. If said players wants to be the top paid guy you move on.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Ok. So now they are talking.

Hey Daks agent, you wanna sign this deal for 4 years 36.5 per year and I will pay a little more in guaranteed money and a nice fat bonus.

Hey JJ, I don’t know man he really wants that 45 a year.

Then play for 31 this year and if we don’t make the SB or championship game then good luck getting any team to offer more than 30... Click

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
One tag and then let someone make a poison pill offer.
Dak is not elite, not insulting the guy. I think he has been great for us.
I don't think any team should have paid Cousins, Goff, Wentz, Jimmy G, Sam Bradford, etc... what they got. Don't pay elite money to good players.
If a player is truly great he cannot be overpaid. Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers in his day, Brady, Manning in their day were worth a few wins.
Russell Wilson is worth what he is paid. He is the Seattle offense, he can win in any system. Deep ball, clutch, scramble when he needs to, accurate.
Give me a Shanahan, Bill, McVay for 10-15 per year and let them develop a good player. If said players wants to be the top paid guy you move on.

Disagree. He is a top 10 QB.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Desperation: the last hope of a Dak slobberer.

Not long ago, Rapoport shot down Chris Simms claim that Dak wanted 45 million. Dak slobberers were dancing around in their boxers, proclaiming Rapoport to be the NFL last word with more knowledge than the commissioner himself (even though I subsequently posted evidence of Rapoport being extremely wrong at times).

Now Rapoport has stated that "no further talks are scheduled", which is in direct contradiction to what Broaddus is apparently saying. Dak slobberers are doing the Calculus of how stupid they will look while flopping around like a fish on who to believe.

robjay04

Reaction score
Same stuff happened with Dez awhile back

Deal was done like a half hour before deadline I believe after neither party spoke for weeks or months before.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
1. So, lemme get this straight -- what you're trying to say is . . . you're ok, no matter what, huh?! :grin: :lmao: :laugh: :muttley:
2. Or -- could it somehow be that you just don't give a hoot or a holler anymore?! :angry: :omg:

I am so beyond the point of caring about obscenely rich people fighting over money about a game. I like Jerry as an owner and GM. I like Dak as a player. The team comes first in my mind. First and foremost, I want a team-friendly contract that allows the team to get other players. $30M/year is something I would jump up and down about and would sign in a heartbeat. I don't care about 4 or 5 years.

If one is not happy making $30M/year playing QB for the Dallas Cowboys then all I can say is 'see you' and I will gladly cheer on whoever is at QB for the Cowboys. Dak, Dalton, DiNucci, or some new draftee. I am ok with any of them.

I want to see someone out there at QB having fun, winning, smiling, and giving thanks for one of the best jobs in the world.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Disagree. He is a top 10 QB.
I think he is also. If mahomes is #1 and makes around 45, which he actually isnt going to make 45 a year.

And Dak is #8-10. What do you think a fair offer is per year. 36 on the table now which makes him #2 in pay.

And keep in mind because of the enforcements that come with being the QB of The Dallas Cowboys he now gets all the free chunky soup and yogurt he wants for life. All he needs is power aid or gator aid and he is set for life for food and water. And also has Pepsi and 7-11. So free gas and sleep number. He is already set for life.

Last edited:

rags747

Reaction score
Let him play to the tag. Next years salary cap will be coming way way down with revenues being in the crapper this year. I believe I just saw that the Patriots reduceD their seating capacity to 20% for all of 2020. Next years tag will be a bargain for the Cowboys...

HungryLion

Reaction score
Let him play to the tag. Next years salary cap will be coming way way down with revenues being in the crapper this year. I believe I just saw that the Patriots reduceD their seating capacity to 20% for all of 2020. Next years tag will be a bargain for the Cowboys...

If he plays on the tag this year. Then that’s what happens.

But the tag next year won’t really be a bargain. It’s likely to be like 37 mil. One year, fully guaranteed.