News: Broaddus: Scout's Notebook Day 1

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  • There were several snaps where Dak Prescott completely turned his back to the defense off a play action fake and then was asked to relocate how the routes were developing all while reading along the way. To show you how far Prescott has come in his development, there was a time where they would not have asked him to play this way fearing it would confuse his read. But there is now a trust that he can consistently execute that without any issues.
:D:D:D

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some good stuff from Broaddus.
Some real football stuff. Hopefully these reports start filling up the front page and we can get away from the other stuff.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/scout-s-notebook-who-lined-up-where-on-day-1
Good stuff. Hydrate and stretch, Hill lol

Gonna be interesting to see who gets snaps at TE. Outside of Witten, I can see Shultz getting the most snaps, but Jarwin showing on screen more. TE is a position I think we could add some premium talent to in the near future. However I don't feel what we have on the roster is garbage

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Broaddus said:
It was nice to see Travis Frederick back in the lineup and starting at center. As much as I appreciate what Joe Looney did last season, Frederick just brings a different dimension to the line -- not only with the identification of the defensive front, but with his ability to handle movement up front without any problems. It was as if Frederick and Zack Martin had never missed each other.
This is what brought a smile to my face while reading. I hope it never leaves my face this season.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some good stuff from Broaddus.
Some real football stuff. Hopefully these reports start filling up the front page and we can get away from the other stuff.
You mean, like, more threads created about various things about the team as a whole, and less threads obsessively recycled essentially about the owner and quarterback only, that are usually created by a small group of members on a nearly daily basis since 2004?

That is a good dream.