News: Broaddus: Scout's Notebook Day 1

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lael Collins has to be replaced this off season. He's just not a good tackle, maybe a good guard but not tackle.
he is average....he will probably get around 10 mill a year in this market....we fans are just wanting another Smith on the other side....compare him to the other 32 Right Tackles in the league...everyone is got the same problem

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Having a speedy, clean route runner with hands at TE creates hell for a defense.
with witten and Jarwin the two TE sets will be challenge for defense. people can say what they want about witten. he is a wiley veteran and can still get separation and get open, so a lot of short to middle routes, clearing the middle for WRs and then Jarwin on deeper routes......we can either dink and dunk our way down or attack down field...all of this hinging on Jarwin actually playing well.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean, like, more threads created about various things about the team as a whole, and less threads obsessively recycled essentially about the owner and quarterback only, that are usually created by a small group of members on a nearly daily basis since 2004?

That is a good dream.

I mean the same threads that have been dominate about the same rehashed stuff.

CWR

Reaction score
well we know this is total BS, because according to those on the forum, Rico Gathers cant even remember where to lineup, let alone actually block a guy.

Evidently everyone is exaggerating. How else could you explain all of his success?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
with witten and Jarwin the two TE sets will be challenge for defense. people can say what they want about witten. he is a wiley veteran and can still get separation and get open, so a lot of short to middle routes, clearing the middle for WRs and then Jarwin on deeper routes......we can either dink and dunk our way down or attack down field...all of this hinging on Jarwin actually playing well.
I have said before I am great full to JW for his years of great service. But his final season he struggled to do any of the things you mentioned.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Some good stuff from Broaddus.
Some real football stuff. Hopefully these reports start filling up the front page and we can get away from the other stuff.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/scout-s-notebook-who-lined-up-where-on-day-1

Good stuff. Zeke's absence is pretty meaningless at this point so hopefully they're getting closer to a deal. For now it gives the rookies a chance to get more reps and start sorting out the depth chart.

This is put up or shut up time for Taco. Demarcus Lawrence wasn't "D Law" straight away but this is the point where he started to become a Pro Bowl player. Charlton needs to take a step forward this year or else.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Sounds like the key player of the day was Rico with a superb block!!

I’m calling it. All Pro and Ring of Honor discussion.

Our patience has paid off.

Techsass

Reaction score
Jarwin needs lots of PT. I want him and Dak to develop long term chemistry.

I don't get good vibes about Hill. I worried they made another weak mental eval à la Taco Charlton.
Hill was like 5 picks away from being a 3rd round pick, so I'm willing to give him a lot more leeway than I gave Taco. And I haven't totally given up on Taco.

Maybe by day 4 Hill will show something.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean the same threads that have been dominate about the same rehashed stuff.
That is what I was inferring. Over time, the names and faces may change (well, Jerry Jones' doesn't :laugh:) but it is still the same rehashed stuff. It is always a good thing when threads like yours gets posted. They are a welcomed change.

pitt33

Reaction score
well we know this is total BS, because according to those on the forum, Rico Gathers cant even remember where to lineup, let alone actually block a guy.
Don’t worry.

The Rico experiment will be over soon.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Great to get some real football back. That said this guy needs to stop calling himself a Scout. He went from being a crappy Scout to being a crappy studio analyst.

BB is the worst.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Great to get some real football back. That said this guy needs to stop calling himself a Scout. He went from being a crappy Scout to being a crappy studio analyst.

BB is the worst.
Did you read the article?