Twitter: Broaddus talking about Stephen Jones

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Regardless of the results, if I owned the team, I would be the GM and make all the decisions I wanted to.

It is a game. It is fun. Everyone who plays fantasy football can understand.

The cowboys are profitable. Why give away the fun

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Regardless of the results, if I owned the team, I would be the GM and make all the decisions I wanted to.

It is a game. It is fun. Everyone who plays fantasy football can understand.

The cowboys are profitable. Why give away the fun
I can understand this sentiment.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I can understand this sentiment.

People act like the jones are letting down the fans. They have built the most profitable sports franchise, and it is family run. It is an amazing feat, and people want to destroy how it is run, and backseat drive it

Bigdog

Reaction score
Wasn't Bill Parecells high on Stephen when he was here?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Nothing new really, but other GMs recognizing the Cowboys GM is struggling :muttley:

cowboyec

Reaction score
that poor ol' s position is gonna get shorted again...isn't it.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
But...but...he has a degree in Chemical Engineering!

Coming from an electrical engineer myself, that is a good thing. Shows he has logic and problem solving abilities. He also played the game in college. Spent the good part of his life immersed in football.

I keep asking those who complain about GMs to list out the traits of good GMs. What makes a good GM? No one has an answer. A few will mention Ozzie and slither away since they have no idea. A few might pick the latest SB winning GM and slither away since they have no idea.

Former player? Former scout? Business experience?
Masters degree?

My guess is that some of the GMs have some sort of connection to the owners. It’s a big club - they keep recycling the same GMs.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We were making smart football decisions.

Demarcus, Demarco, and even Dez.

There were a few other smart decisions we made.

Then we got stupid again with the Zeke deal.. Then Jaylon.. Waited forever to sign Lawrence.

So no wonder Todd France knows he can get Dak all that money. They know the Jones's are bluffing.

Can’t argue this.

Corso

Reaction score
People act like the jones are letting down the fans. They have built the most profitable sports franchise, and it is family run. It is an amazing feat, and people want to destroy how it is run, and backseat drive it
We're fans. We want them to win, not make money. Even though that is the name of the game: be profitable, but winning is also the name of the game because, well, it is a game.

Fans drive the business in the end and they want what they want.

But I do get what you said about if you owned a team, you'd want to play with your toy.

Corso

Reaction score
Coming from an electrical engineer myself, that is a good thing. Shows he has logic and problem solving abilities. He also played the game in college. Spent the good part of his life immersed in football.

I keep asking those who complain about GMs to list out the traits of good GMs. What makes a good GM? No one has an answer. A few will mention Ozzie and slither away since they have no idea. A few might pick the latest SB winning GM and slither away since they have no idea.

Former player? Former scout? Business experience?
Masters degree?

My guess is that some of the GMs have some sort of connection to the owners. It’s a big club - they keep recycling the same GMs.
No way nobody has answered.
@AsthmaField ? Would you choose not to answer what makes a good GM?
@stasheroo ?

visionary

Reaction score
Wow....you mean to tell me that guys that worked for free for years working their way up the ranks to finally make GM dont respect a guy that got the same job because daddy owns the team?

go figure